Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Sharramon wrote:Oh and another thing. How do editors JOIN the project when it doesn't have a supervisor? Since it says you have to notify one beforehand....
Editors have a bit of freedom in the aspect that they can pick any Volume/Chapter and edit it freely without having to sign up for it. So... even if none are signed up, people can still edit.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

yep. You get the ones who come and edit (big or small) whenever they happen to come.
You also get the ones who are interested to help out (as in, you regularly send them the TL and they edit the whole thing, then send it back to you) - those are the ones whose names appear in the editor list..... that's my understanding anyway.
Aorii
Project Translator

Post by Aorii »

submitted it onto MAL : http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=17814

EDIT: Apparently, this novel is out in Chinese... I need to find text of it somewhere... then I might be able to help with either translation or Chinese-English editing/QC
and according jCafe24 (Links to download raws aren't allowed), there's an eng trans elsewhere? Their forum is confusing me too much...

EDIT2: Trying to add the author to MAL... apparently he won the Dengeki Novel Prize for light novels in 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Novel_Prize)
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
Wings
Astral Realm

Post by Wings »

The translation posted there is just a rough one converted by ATLAS program, which does a crude and not very accurate translation from japanese to english.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

It took me a while to get it right but I've added column for the chapter list of volume 1 because I think that 25 chapters in a long list is a bit too much.
I can remove the columns if people think that it looks bad.
Sharramon
Project Translator

Post by Sharramon »

Looks great. Can't wait till I can finish off book one, get my hands on book 2 and start translating.

The columns make it seem as if I've actually translated quite a fair bit! The illusion is good!
Aorii wrote:Apparently, this novel is out in Chinese... I need to find text of it somewhere... then I might be able to help with either translation or Chinese-English editing
Why not just buy it? It's a really good book.
Last edited by Sharramon on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody move! Anybody who moves is the culprit!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

You've translated around 28% of volume 1, it's already a lot ;)

Btw in the last few days I think there was around 900-1000 daily views for Sword Art Online and as you can compare it here with the other projects it shows how much popular this new series is.
Aorii wrote:and according jCafe24 (Links to download raws aren't allowed), there's an eng trans elsewhere?
Don't bother with it. It's a member who keeps uploading badly OCRed Japanese raws and creates horrible translation with the machine translation software ATLAS (using his OCRed raws).
Sharramon
Project Translator

Post by Sharramon »

Vaelis wrote:Btw in the last few days I think there was around 900-1000 daily views for Sword Art Online

My god! Really?! That many views?
Also how on earth do you know the amount of views it gets?

I'm going to die of shock and the translations will come to a halt for a bit or something O.o.....

I just looked about google and there seem to be tons of English sites..... what I got before was all Japanese..... I'm so happy! SAO has entered the english speaking community! Hell yeah!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Sharramon wrote:Also how on earth do you know the amount of views it gets?
At the bottom of the project page you can read: "This page has been accessed 6,865 times"
Aorii
Project Translator

Post by Aorii »

Sharramon wrote:Why not just buy it? It's a really good book.
It's in traditional Chinese. I'm a simplified Chinese user, which means I need a digital copy for a language tools 1-to-1 conversion if I'm to do anything in a decent speed. Unfortunately OCR scanners are not part of my setup...

and you're moving insanely fast lol. Darn you job!!! I'll have to look afterwards.
Last edited by Aorii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daybreak Project
"You crazy b@stard! I'm gonna treat you like shit until you reveal your true form!!!"
"NO WAY. Over my dead, resurrected and killed again body." -- Kadi, when given a proposal about leaving [Miko-moe] 'as is' in TL.
Sharramon
Project Translator

Post by Sharramon »

Oh if anybody has the RAW for this can they tell me what kanji they used when they named the month in chap 7? It should be somewhere at the very beginning of the chapter and would have < > enclosing it. It should be something like <The month of the 'something' Tree> I can't really tell without the kanji, or chinese.... if you can please just tell me the english translation of it XD....
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

トネリコの月?
Month of the Ash Tree/Fraxinus?
Sharramon
Project Translator

Post by Sharramon »

Hmm... I'll just look it up! I thought that it'd be chinese but it seems as if it's just the name of a tree .... according to Vaelis(thanks!).

Also what's the pronunciation for 風林火山?
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Sharramon wrote:Also what's the pronunciation for 風林火山?
Fuurinkazan
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Just read through all the TL chapters. Man... I want to see this novel animated! :D
Fighting in RPG world certainly isn't that uncommon a concept, but being trapped for that many years looking exactly the same as your real self is something else. I wonder whether the ending is that the people didn't die at all. Either way, having truly died or not really have died (when they finally escape) would be something to anticipate...

Keep up the good work!

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”