Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Syaolan
Astral Realm

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Syaolan »

gn_x00 wrote:one of the problem is: will the fans hold out even when they need to wait 4~5 year just to read the continuation of the story?

I personally think at least 1/4 will buy 1st volume but will slowly lose interest because they can't get the continuation of the story... and who knows if SAO is still popular enough for them to continue the english publication ~4 years from now
So true... I hope u'll manage to do the last tome (13) in time because i'm sure i'll never have the continuation... I'm from france and the translation is always done like that: Japanese => English => French (even if i just read english translation xD). In France it's not licenced so i can say easily that it'll never appear in our country xD

Well at least i can finally say that you've done a realy good job and i thank you for all your hard work on this translation <3 ^^
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Syaolan wrote: So true... I hope u'll manage to do the last tome (13) in time because i'm sure i'll never have the continuation... I'm from france and the translation is always done like that: Japanese => English => French (even if i just read english translation xD). In France it's not licenced so i can say easily that it'll never appear in our country xD

Well at least i can finally say that you've done a realy good job and i thank you for all your hard work on this translation <3 ^^
Well, the alternative language projects will not be abandoned on release of the English licensed novel, so if anyone in the French section of SAO would continue translating from JP or CH, you'll be in luck. :wink:
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Or from the american edition. This is the case on S&W FR.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Misogi wrote:Or from the american edition. This is the case on S&W FR.
I am pretty sure he isn't looking forward to the French translations if they are being translated from English, as he wants the continuation of the novels ASAP. He said that he reads the English translations anyway, so if he was to wait for the American edition, he would read it itself instead of waiting for its French translation. :lol:
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Some readers will have to read the Alternative versions after the removal of the English one. Not a lot of people can and/or want to import the American version.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Misogi wrote:Some readers will have to read the Alternative versions after the removal of the English one. Not a lot of people can and/or want to import the American version.
Yes, I know. Syaolan said that he's sure that he would never see the continuation, that's why I said that he can look forward to the French Translations(since he stated that he's from France) if the text gets translated from JP or CH. I didn't include the American version or French translation from the American version, because if he would have to wait for the continuation from the American version(volume 13 and later), it would take years.
guardianknight
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by guardianknight »

I will definitely buy the English version of the novels at least up through Fairy Dance. However, now that they are licensed I may end up dropping the series. Not that I wouldn't spend the money, but I'm not sure I will want to pick it up again in 4-5 years or so when they finally get caught up. That is of course assuming that they sell enough to keep producing them up till the end. Regardless it was a good run and I am very thankful for all the hard work you guys put in.
rain1234
Astral Realm

Post by rain1234 »

vol.13 wont be transl. before sao is removed right?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

rain1234 wrote:vol.13 wont be transl. before sao is removed right?
It's being translated by Tap at his site. [link removed] is the 'Interlude IV' chapter and 'Integrity Knight Alice' is in September section of the updates.
Rain1234
Astral Realm

Post by Rain1234 »

thx for the link^^
octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

Will vol 13 be the last one of this huge story arc?
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ushwood »

No.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

octapusxft wrote:Will vol 13 be the last one of this huge story arc?
Probably the last one we'll see on B-T though.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

So actually, I have a question...

Is there anyone who will be translating Rondo of the Transient Sword (both web/Progressive version) to their blog/site? I would really like to translate but I have found the web version just up to 18th part... So if it's gonna be in English/French, I would really appreciate if you could send me a link :)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Sadly, the French side depends of the English version, so we're currently at 2/40 parts, while the English one is at 16/40 (and not 18/40, unless you found something outside of BT).
----

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”