Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Gsimenas
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Gsimenas »

Tap wrote:Oh wait, I think that was the motivation behind separating fluct and light.
...Okay, I don't know what to do for the separating thing now.

As for capitalisation, I would rather lowercase everything, though.
My personal style would be to use lowercase for everything, unless it's being referred to as its acronym in that segment (to provide more clarity solely in that moment).
Like...
"The process is called FLA, short for FluctLight Acceleration." and "It's done through fluctlight acceleration."
...for example.

And I answered the whetstone issue already, I believe?
The volume 10 line wasn't in the WN, but the volume 11 one was.
I don't have an updated copy of volume 10/11 to check with, but yeah, probably a mistake made by someone and no idea if it was addressed in any way.
Then I'll leave it to the translators to decide what to do with this issue. I'd personally still opt for merging it into 1 word. As for capitalization, thank you for clearing that up. Guess I'll lowercase it then, since I have seen it in uppercase somewhere.
------
And that just proves that I should not be thinking at 1AM in the morning... My brain works at below 1% capacity at that time -_- ... And what do you mean by updated copy?

P.S. I took the liberty to standardize the UW date format in volume 10, as it was getting on my nerves. If you'd like to keep it as it was, I can simply undo it. Also, you have mentioned that the day was wrong in that volume, right? If so, I can correct that as well.
castor212
Kyonist

Post by castor212 »

Zero2001 wrote:
castor212 wrote:excuse me

Is there anyone here who knows zero2001 email contact is? I want to ask him if he's still working on SAO's colored illustration, and if he doesnt, can I try my hands on it.
I'm working on it. I hope to finish it in the next week or two.

Sorry I have been slightly busy with my dissertation project.

For volume 12, I've asked krytyk to enhance them before I begin cleaning and typesetting.

Once again, really sorry for the delays.

And anyone can send me a Private Message (PM). I'll get it.
Sorry man, I'm super inactive in forums and am yet to be able to send PM~

Thx to Tap too
There are two motives to read a book. First, to enjoy the story.

Second is so you can boast about it.

Oh, also, Type-Moon Banzai.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Updated copy as in a new edition of the book after it gets another printing run.
The first/second edition is usually filled with typos that are fixed in the following ones.

And yeah, chapter 4, "“Oi oi, it's the 6th day of the 3rd month. You were so looking forward to it.” -> "7th day of the 3rd month".
Last edited by Tap on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Tap wrote: And yeah, chapter 4, "“Oi oi, it's the 6th day of the 3rd month. You were so looking forward to it.” -> "7th day of the 3rd month"
Change made
Gsimenas
Kyonist

Post by Gsimenas »

A little bit off topic, but I could use help with 1 issue I ran into today. Meteor Break (Volume 1 Chapter 9) is supposed to be a 7-hit combo sword skill, but I can only find 6 of the attacks in the description:

I parried the counterattack and started a major skill to end the battle. I delivered a strong, downward strike to the right, then twisted my wrist and swung back up again, retracing the trajectory I went down in with a motion similar to that of a golf swing. Every time the sword hit the enemy’s body, which was made completely out of bones, there was the sound of it impacting and a flow of orange light came out.

The skeleton raised its shield to block the blow that it thought was going to come from above, but I went against its expectations and rammed it with my left shoulder. Then I sent a vertical swing at the swaying skeleton, and without pause I rammed it again, with my right shoulder this time. It was a skill that overcame the problem of chaining strong attacks together by combining them with tackles: «Meteor Break». Not meaning to brag, but it was a skill that required unarmed fighting skills as well as one-hand sword skills.

The enemy’s HP took a big hit from all the attacks and was now in the red area. I put all the strength in my body behind the final horizontal left slash of the seven hit combo. The sword flew straight at the skeleton’s neck, drawing a shining arc. The bone broke with a snapping sound and as the skull flew up into the air, the body fell to the ground like a puppet that had all its strings cut.

1.A strong downward strike to the right.
2.Swinging the sword back up retracing the trajectory of the first hit.
3.Ramming with one's left shoulder.
4.Vertical swing
5.Ramming with one's right shoulder.
6.Horizontal left slash.
7.?

Am I blind, or were there only 6 hits in that description?
Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sludge »

Gsimenas wrote:A little bit off topic, but I could use help with 1 issue I ran into today. Meteor Break (Volume 1 Chapter 9) is supposed to be a 7-hit combo sword skill, but I can only find 6 of the attacks in the description:

I parried the counterattack and started a major skill to end the battle. I delivered a strong, downward strike to the right, then twisted my wrist and swung back up again, retracing the trajectory I went down in with a motion similar to that of a golf swing. Every time the sword hit the enemy’s body, which was made completely out of bones, there was the sound of it impacting and a flow of orange light came out.

The skeleton raised its shield to block the blow that it thought was going to come from above, but I went against its expectations and rammed it with my left shoulder. Then I sent a vertical swing at the swaying skeleton, and without pause I rammed it again, with my right shoulder this time. It was a skill that overcame the problem of chaining strong attacks together by combining them with tackles: «Meteor Break». Not meaning to brag, but it was a skill that required unarmed fighting skills as well as one-hand sword skills.

The enemy’s HP took a big hit from all the attacks and was now in the red area. I put all the strength in my body behind the final horizontal left slash of the seven hit combo. The sword flew straight at the skeleton’s neck, drawing a shining arc. The bone broke with a snapping sound and as the skull flew up into the air, the body fell to the ground like a puppet that had all its strings cut.

1.A strong downward strike to the right.
2.Swinging the sword back up retracing the trajectory of the first hit.
3.Ramming with one's left shoulder.
4.Vertical swing
5.Ramming with one's right shoulder.
6.Horizontal left slash.
7.?

Am I blind, or were there only 6 hits in that description?
Might be possible that the combo is only possible after a parry? which would be the missing part
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Seems like the case, with the "Break" in the skill name that may refer to the guard break and the body tackles.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

I don't think the parry is included in the skill itself, because Kirito said that he parried the counterattack and then started the major skill.
Also, including all the tackles, it only counts as 6 hits as shown by Gsimenas. I personally think that it only having 6 hits was an error on the author's part.

I also found this wikia page which supports my reasoning: Spoiler for link!
Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sludge »

Rohan123 wrote:I don't think the parry is included in the skill itself, because Kirito said that he parried the counterattack and then started the major skill.
Also, including all the tackles, it only counts as 6 hits as shown by Gsimenas. I personally think that it only having 6 hits was an error on the author's part.

Well you can also say , because he parried he was able to start the skill ..
Either way, can't really decide which is it without asking our dear author :)
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Lets all send spam mails and fan letters to the author requesting him to resolve this problem! :twisted:
Gsimenas
Kyonist

Post by Gsimenas »

Rohan123 wrote:I don't think the parry is included in the skill itself, because Kirito said that he parried the counterattack and then started the major skill.

One problem there... I was the one who made that article... That's why I wanted to find out whether this could have been caused by the Japan->Korean->English double translation or something that I missed myself.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

It's not a translation problem.
Gsimenas
Kyonist

Post by Gsimenas »

Then I guess that Reki messed up with his math or his description of the skill. Thank you for the confirmation.
MineRiko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Hidan no Aria

Post by MineRiko »

I'm lost
Wiki Account: Nii-sama
Kanamechan Translations, Chinjufu Scanlations, Chinjufu Channel
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

MineRiko wrote:I'm lost
Go get a map.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”