Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Sludge »

Cindynka wrote:So actually, I have a question...

Is there anyone who will be translating Rondo of the Transient Sword (both web/Progressive version) to their blog/site? I would really like to translate but I have found the web version just up to 18th part... So if it's gonna be in English/French, I would really appreciate if you could send me a link :)
Pryun is working on it (he is the one up to chapter 18 up at Dreadful Decoding ) ,
but he posted that he has very limited free time so you might want to contact him.
Cindynka
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cindynka »

Misogi wrote:Sadly, the French side depends of the English version, so we're currently at 2/40 parts, while the English one is at 16/40 (and not 18/40, unless you found something outside of BT).
That's why I would prefer english (and also, I can't really speak french so it takes me much more time... Not even talking about not knowing grammar. I mean, you have so many grammar rules. And half of the verbs don't follow them. ._.). And those 2 were actually out of BT
Sludge wrote:
Cindynka wrote:So actually, I have a question...

Is there anyone who will be translating Rondo of the Transient Sword (both web/Progressive version) to their blog/site? I would really like to translate but I have found the web version just up to 18th part... So if it's gonna be in English/French, I would really appreciate if you could send me a link :)
Pryun is working on it (he is the one up to chapter 18 up at Dreadful Decoding ) ,
but he posted that he has very limited free time so you might want to contact him.
Yep, that's what I found too :D So I was wondering if anyone else would translate it...
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Oops. Haven't had the time to post it on BT. Will do it now.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

Hi, I was wondering if someone could translate something.
I was told that the Web Novel version of Alicization says that the Divine Dragon Alliance was disbanded for some reason, and I decided to check a copy of the Web Novel to confirm...

But the thing is, there was only one mention of DDA (聖竜連合) in Alicization, and it was when Kirito and Cardinal were talking in the Library.
アインクラッドにおいて、強力なプレイヤーを多く集めることに成功した攻略ギルドのリーダーは何人も居たが 、部下を長期間束ねられるに足る統率力とカリスマを備えていた者は実はそう多くない。我の強い剣士たちを抑 えられなかったり、自身の欲が規律の乱れを招いたりしてリーダーの座を放逐される、あるいはギルドごと分解 してしまった例を、俺は随分と見た。ヒースクリフ率いる血盟騎士団と一時期肩を並べていた大ギルド、聖竜連 合の瓦解劇などはその典型だ。
I don't really understand what this is saying, and I'd really appreciate it if someone would tell me. It seems to be omitted from the Light Novel, but I mostly want it for the SAO wiki.
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Essentially, the Dragon alliance, one of the large guilds formerly side by side with heathcliff's KOB are examples of guilds which collapsed due to having greedy/lax leaders.
(this is the gist relating to the DDA only, I didn't bother with the earlier part)

I can see why it was left out, it doesn't play an important part in the story.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Pryun wrote: I can see why it was left out, it doesn't play an important part in the story.
Maybe that was the reason for it being left out.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

I was mostly asking because you can see the DDA in the anime, when they go to fight the 75th floor boss in SAO... Pretty sure it was just changed... I mean, the fact Kirito obtained the "Queen's Knightsword" from a Dark Elf on the 9th floor, wasn't important to the story, yet it was still mentioned in volume 10.
Pretty sure it was just Reki changing his mind about them.
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
manga09
Astral Realm

Post by manga09 »

Not sure if this has been asked as of yet but if so then you can just ignore me. If not then I was wondering if the already completed translations could be submitted to whomever is licensing the novels in America. It might just speed up there release locally so they can move on to the stuff that wasn't translated yet.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

I doubt they'd want our LQ, sometimes recursive, non professional translations. Also, in my opinion it would be unfair for them to profit from non-profit work.
manga09
Astral Realm

Post by manga09 »

It may be slightly low quality but it would give them a place to start and all theyd have to do is touch up what everybody else already did. As for whether its right or not well its entirely up to who ever translated the work to begin with as to whether they want that to happen or not.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

The objective at hand is not to get a translation in print ASAP, it's to give their translator work that he's paid to do and do it with an assurance of some standard. Not only are the two different objectives a reason why stuff won't come out faster, there's also the legality of taking someone else's translation. YP is protecting themselves from someone crying foul over stolen translations, but also to guard against mistranslations/erroneous translation, and a consistent approach to content handling. If they were to pay for translations, as you're suggesting, then they'd lose money if everybody hops aboard and tries to sell their translations.
l.kostas
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

castor212
Kyonist

Post by castor212 »

Excuse me. DOes anybody has a better quality raw of SAO's vol 12 and 13 colored ilustration? Also, DOes anyone know what font is used for the colored illustration dialogues from vol 4 onward? I am planning on typesetting vol 12 and 13 colored illustration.
There are two motives to read a book. First, to enjoy the story.

Second is so you can boast about it.

Oh, also, Type-Moon Banzai.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

This tweet.
Seriously, that tweet.

And he seems to have adopted Eugeo as Eugeo's name too.
And random reminder: SAO Beach Edition in a day or so.
Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sludge »

Tap wrote:This tweet.
Seriously, that tweet.

And he seems to have adopted Eugeo as Eugeo's name too.
And random reminder: SAO Beach Edition in a day or so.
I don't know what seme or uke is/are, but still seems funny he took the time to answer it ;)
Maybe he replied just using the same spelling? either way it's a good sign I guess.

Any good group fan-subbing it? or is it simulcasted?

Edit : Never mind, found an answer
P.S
damn your timezone , you are starting at 4am for me haha

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”