Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Re: Sword Art Online

Postby Tap » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:18 am

Yaoi.

It's (sorta) simulcasted.
10 PM - 12 PM, Japan time for the Japan web broadcast (that I'll probably be busy during).
12 PM - 2 AM, rest-of-the-world web broadcast with official subs in various languages.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Postby Kami » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:53 am

In case anybody doesn't know yet (and if I'm simply saying what everybody knows already, I apologize), the second season of the Sword Art Online anime has been confirmed. It will go by the name of Sword Art Online II: Phantom Bullet and will air in the Spring of 2014.

The promotional video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ghr_rbJmQ
The main site is here: http://www.swordart-online.net/

I'm certainly looking forward to it, as well as the No Game No Life anime airing at the same time. Coincidentally, the main character of NGNL, Sora, has the same voice actor as Kirito, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu. Furthermore, Sinon, of SAO, will be voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki, who also voices Izuna Hatsuse from NGNL. Interesting.

-- 神
My Baka-Tsuki wiki username is 神.

Profile: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... :%E7%A5%9E
Kami
Project Editor

Postby Cthaeh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:18 am

Kami wrote: will air in the Spring of 2014.

??? Is there a reliable source that says that? All the English language news I've seen says "in 2014", with no mention of which season it is coming in.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator

Postby Misogi » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:51 am

Well, seems like it's unconfirmed. After having searched a bit, only 2014 is mentionned for now.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal

Postby Kami » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 am

You're right. After looking around for a bit, I only found 2014 written as well...perhaps I confused it with the starting time of the NGNL anime? Although, I do think that this has a good chance of being aired in the Spring or Summer, or the Fall at the latest.

-- 神
Last edited by Kami on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kami
Project Editor

Postby larethian » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:32 am

Not sure what makes you think it has a 'good chance' to air in Spring. I have never heard of an anime airing 3 months after it's confirmed. 6 months is the minimum. 9 - 12 months is the norm.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Postby Kami » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:48 pm

It may sound strange, but I think it could possibly air in the first half of the year if the producers wanted. Sword Art Online has such a large following that I wouldn't be surprised if the producers worked ahead on the project. Although that could be my own hoping. Also, if you think about other animes such as High School DxD, which started airing on January 6, 2012 and started airing New on July 7, 2013, there is a year and a half gap between the old and new seasons. If you apply that gap to Sword Art Online, which began airing its first season on July 7, 2012, then theoretically, the second season would be airing in the beginning of 2014, or the Spring. But again, that could just be my own hoping. Iarethian does have a point, though. We'll just have to wait and see.

-- 神
Last edited by Kami on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kami
Project Editor

Postby Cthaeh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:10 pm

I mostly take larethian's view on this, with the small exceptions that 6-months is likely closer to the average, and that there are a few rare cases that go down to 3 months or less.

The issue I would raise with Kami's argument is that it's likely not appropriate to measure from the previous season, and instead you should look at the time from when the anime was announced as green-lit. In your example of DxD, the second season was announced in Sept 2012, so there was a 10 month gap until it aired. I would say that 10 month gap is what you should consider, rather than the 1.5 years. There is a lot of variability in the stats, so I'm not willing to say it's impossible it could air in spring; but I am expecting either summer or fall.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator

Postby Intrepid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 am

Educated guess:

-If it is 24-25 episodes long, it will air in the summer.

-If it is 13 episodes long, it will air in the fall.

The real question is how many episodes Gun Gale will be. Figure that out, and you have your answer. Following the pattern from last season, 2 volumes equal ~13 episodes, so Gun Gale could end up being short. At the same time, I don't think it could be draged out for 25 episodes by itself, so if we do get 25 episodes, it is very possible that we will get Mother's Rosario and Caliber to fill it in.
Intrepid
Kyonist

Postby gn_x00 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:35 pm

we might also get a semi-original Underworld arc that will be the prologue to Caliber, since the anime version cut the underworld version of anime
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Postby Ushwood » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 am

You mean Yotunheim? (or underground)
because Underworld is a bit different place...
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 am

He's probably referring to Jotunheim. Who knows, it might even appear as a side story (again)?
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Postby gn_x00 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 am

I mixed up the name lol.
Shouldn't go to forum when sleepy I guess
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Postby Misogi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:36 am

According to this tweet, there are plans for a worldwide publication of the LN in several countries.

Already published: Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Thaïland.
Planned : USA, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Canada, Switzerland.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:19 am

So when Baka-Tsuki takes down the SAO page in April are they going to leave the Progressive section up since it has not been licensed?
Nighthawk
Astral Realm

PreviousNext

Return to Sword Art Online & Accel World