SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Superior Superboy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Post by Superior Superboy »

hi, I am currently interested in helping translate some accel world chapters since i have a month load of free time on my hands. I am adept in both Chinese and English, so i will be trying to translate from the Chinese versions that I have found online. Is there any official way that I may do so?

Thanks to those who reply.
Breakdown16
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Breakdown16 »

My impression is that Baka-Tsuki is a pretty open place. Just register for the chapters or volume you want and translate away. Obviously there are some rules in place, but you should be fine if you follow the precedents set by previous volumes. You might also want to take a look through the general format guideline page.

Seems like we have quite a few translators here proficient in Chinese. :O
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

Actually Breakdown16, he'll need to clear with Xplorer30 first. Superboy, he's the Project Supervisor for this, any new translators (so I've heard from Eternal Dreamer) need to get the go-ahead from him first.
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I already replied to that in the thread he first posted in.

But again, either pick volume 9 or 12 on, or help theUnbreakableSky (Tusjecht), your choice.
AncientSC
Astral Realm

Post by AncientSC »

Hey everyone,
I am interested in helping as a translator for Accel World. I am proficient in use of Korean, though my Japanese is much more limited. I don't have any raws on me, but I can work from scans. Can I be of assistance?
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

AncientSC wrote:Hey everyone,
I am interested in helping as a translator for Accel World. I am proficient in use of Korean, though my Japanese is much more limited. I don't have any raws on me, but I can work from scans. Can I be of assistance?
Apologise for the late reply. Um, i'm not sure what's the official guide, but usually we do get out hands on the raw material first before offering to translate. Whether textual raws or scans of the LN don't matter so long as the translator can work from it. ( :

That said, obtaining the raws is the hardest part, really. Some of us buy the volume, the rest source other websites to download them in a readable format.

I'm not really sure what's the status of the current Korean translations. What I am sure is that you'll need to find them first before coming back to offer help. Sorry. ) :

On a side note, I'm happy to report that with Superior Superboy's help, V11.2 can be released at the end of April ((:

Breakdown16, how's things on your end? Haven't heard from you in awhile.
Breakdown16
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Breakdown16 »

Not dead yet. My hard drive may be able to be rescued, so v8.5 may not come out until then. As for what I'm doing now, I'm making slow progress on Graphite Edge while I await salvation. If it really takes longer than I think it will, I may go back and start revising 8.6 from onward and releasing chapters starting with that. So it'd be out of order, but I definitely will get around to 8.5 eventually.
DaKatGod
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by DaKatGod »

Hello, Accel-personnel.

I've been lurkin' on the BT site reading LNs for... probably half a year? I'd say that's reasonable. I'm pretty much a guy with loads of free-time, if you hadn't guessed, and I've also lived speaking English for the past ~20 or so years of my life, so I'd say I'm pretty fluent in it. Though with that being said, I do make typos here and there, but those are usually careless finger-brain errrors. But gloating isn't my goal here.

I'd be happy to help with the Accel LN editing, since I'm practically useless when it comes to written Japanese (I'm just a bit below average when it's voiced, but nothing beyond a few characters like 神 猫 and 黒 are just some that I could identify. And a few minor ones like い so I'd be useless there). But that's irrelevant.

Please let me know if I can be of use with Accel, and even any other possible series in need of an editor.
m(_._)m
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Editing any series generally don't need permission. But if you need to make major changes to meaning of a chapter, then you will need to confer with that translator first. (Unless you are a translator working with that series already.)
DaKatGod
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by DaKatGod »

Xplorer30 wrote:Editing any series generally don't need permission. But if you need to make major changes to meaning of a chapter, then you will need to confer with that translator first. (Unless you are a translator working with that series already.)
So then it'd be fine for me to do minor edits here and there whenever I find them?
... Well, I suppose that'd make sense. I'll do just that, then.
Peten00b
Astral Realm

Post by Peten00b »

Editors are there to arrange any pronunciation or grammar errors, am I right? Dunno how it works exactly.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Peten00b wrote:Editors are there to arrange any pronunciation or grammar errors, am I right? Dunno how it works exactly.
That's one of their missions, indeed. They also check weird translated passages.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Peten00b
Astral Realm

Post by Peten00b »

I wouldn't mind trying out to edit with Accel World then :)
Shirofune
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shirofune »

I am fluent in English and I'm willing to edit Accel World or Sword Art Online.

My name on the wiki is "Shirofune"
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

When it comes to editing, it's pretty much on your own initiative to do so, AFAIK there's not much registration required for editors. Just trawl around looking for typos and change them as you see fit, unless the translator actually intends it.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”