SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby Mystes » Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 am

Blutsauger wrote:Where do we sign up to possibly translate Hidan no Aria?

Add your name in the wiki.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
User avatar
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
 
Posts: 15932
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:54 am

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby Lofthouse » Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Gonna start reading through Hidan no Aria & fix errors, typos, wrong sentence structures, etc.
Main language is English so hopefully no problems there, but I know a bit of Japanese and (useless) Greek.
Image
User avatar
Lofthouse
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 4:05 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby Cryum » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 am

I'll help fix any errors i find in SAO. My english is good, but noticing errors is a bit hard for me.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
User avatar
Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:36 am

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby BeginnerXP » Wed May 16, 2012 2:26 am

Hello, I'd like to use this post to request a help from a competent English editor.

I'm working on SAO translation of vol.9 but my current editor Pryun, who edited all my past works, has no internet access currently due to his work, so he couldn't do any edit at the moment. And I have no intention to upload the script to wiki without a proper edit first.

So I would like to ask if any editor here who loves SAO series and interested to edit my script, which I'm sure have a massive amount of errors. My requirements are:
- Being a fan of SAO series, and already read all available translated chapters here (to avoid spoiling yourself)
- Has an excellent English knowledge, being able to spot grammatical errors and could re-flow sentences to make them looked more natural.
- I work slowly, around 3-5 pages per day, and I would like an editor who could edit those pages daily on google docs.
- Understand and respect my preferences in presenting the script, agree with honorific usage, not trying to add references, but I'm willing to hear all opinions regarding the work.

If you're confident in your editing skill and would like to help, please PM me, thank you.

* Currently, Prologue 2 and Interlude 1 are already finished, they're around 85 pages of JP novel.
User avatar
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby M.A.D » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

BeginnerXP wrote:Hello, I'd like to use this post to request a help from a competent English editor.

I'm working on SAO translation of vol.9 but my current editor Pryun, who edited all my past works, has no internet access currently due to his work, so he couldn't do any edit at the moment. And I have no intention to upload the script to wiki without a proper edit first.

So I would like to ask if any editor here who loves SAO series and interested to edit my script, which I'm sure have a massive amount of errors. My requirements are:
- Being a fan of SAO series, and already read all available translated chapters here (to avoid spoiling yourself)
- Has an excellent English knowledge, being able to spot grammatical errors and could re-flow sentences to make them looked more natural.
- I work slowly, around 3-5 pages per day, and I would like an editor who could edit those pages daily on google docs.
- Understand and respect my preferences in presenting the script, agree with honorific usage, not trying to add references, but I'm willing to hear all opinions regarding the work.

If you're confident in your editing skill and would like to help, please PM me, thank you.

* Currently, Prologue 2 and Interlude 1 are already finished, they're around 85 pages of JP novel.


Ugh, if I had known about this, I would have volunteered T_T I can agree/abide/satisfy these requirements, and I'm already making random edits on the wiki anyway. I suppose It's too late now that you've already done the works...

Well, if you are interested in continuing with SAO, please count me in. For now, have a good break!!
M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby superblackcat » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey... Ill Do something that requires More english and less Chinese.... I love both series (what got my here) and I would like to join the team... What is syntax errors? I am not used to translating these stuff



SBC
superblackcat
Reader
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 am

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby Spartan 3355 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Hey, just go started on the forum, but i can edit any pages, im mexican, but my TOEFL Score is 630 so i can edit anything in no-time and with rare mistakes, so if ya got anything for me im available :mrgreen:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8619562/1/M ... Skyblaster
The people left behind...the feelings left behind...
I'll protect them all with my life.
I should be able to do something.
There must be something.
Humanity won't lose.
I'll never lose.
Because...I'm here...
Because...I'm...still here...
User avatar
Spartan 3355
Reader
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:09 pm
Location: México

Re: SAO/HnA Recruitment Page

Postby CorbanSaezer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

I would like to sign up as an editor. I've been writing stories, and editing the stories of others, without interruption since I was 12. As a result, I feel I can quickly streamline translated text into something that flows.

The reason why I want to become an editor is because I would like to give back to a light novel project that has given me much satisfaction. To support the author, I just recently bought all the SAO novels that're currently out, despite not knowing how to read them that well! I have, however, read all the Baka Tsuki PDFs.

Alas, I don't know if SAO will ever have an English market, so the least I can do is contribute to the tenth novel!
User avatar
CorbanSaezer
Kyonist
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby swiftelf » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 pm

If there is need of a proofreader I am willing to do it. Just let me know and I'll help whenever I can.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
User avatar
swiftelf
Project Editor
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Guillermo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 pm

hello I'm new here
I'd like to translate SAO from english to spanish since there isn't much progress so how could i get started?
also thanks for your hard work
User avatar
Guillermo
Astral Realm
 

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Pryun » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Guillermo wrote:hello I'm new here
I'd like to translate SAO from english to spanish since there isn't much progress so how could i get started?
also thanks for your hard work


http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... %C3%B1ola~

Go to that page, find the register, put your name at the End of the chapter you want to translate, start translating.

@all those who want to be editor: good, save me trouble, you can start straightaway once the TNer(here teh_ping) posts up translations. Any questions can be brought to the talk page of the chapter.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:11 am

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Misogi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:47 am

Pryun wrote:
Guillermo wrote:hello I'm new here
I'd like to translate SAO from english to spanish since there isn't much progress so how could i get started?
also thanks for your hard work


http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... %C3%B1ola~

Go to that page, find the register, put your name at the End of the chapter you want to translate, start translating.


Actually, it's a bit complicated for SAO ES. Quoting a post I made regarding this:

Misogi wrote:Hmm... from what I've seen, the Spanish project of SAO is a partnership with two teams (Lanove and Chibi Chibi Fansub). There's no Registration page here.

I advise you to contact one of the two teams by going to the "Unete(nos)" page, then on the forum of the team you'll choose. The recruitment for this project depends of them.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
User avatar
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
 
Posts: 4119
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:19 am
Location: France

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Guillermo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:11 am

I see thanks for the information, I entered in their pages and I saw that they have some translators for SAO and nobody is translating Accel World to spanish so instead I'll translate it so here's my question: do i create the page for Accel World as in a normal wiki?
User avatar
Guillermo
Astral Realm
 

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Teh_ping » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 am

Hold off your translations for Accel World for the time being. You might not need to translate when Accel World gets removed from B-T...
User avatar
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:32 pm
Location: Magdala

Re: SAO and now Accel World Recruitment Page

Postby Ushwood » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 am

Teh_ping wrote: when Accel World gets removed from B-T...
That's some news to me... Is anybody going to licence AW?
User avatar
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:22 am
Location: Russia

PreviousNext

Return to Sword Art Online & Accel World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest