Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cef
Astral Realm

Accel World

Post by cef »

I would really like to read the light novelization of accel world. The manga is very slow in being translated.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Project request- accel world

Post by Mystes »

Saw the suggestion coming way before. It was only a letter of time before this project is discussed.

Personally, I heard that there were too much plot holes. Though I haven't read them all yet.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

cef wrote:I would really like to read the light novelization of accel world. The manga is very slow in being translated.
If you so wish, please make a proper request, which includes a synopsis and all. Also, there has already been a thread that talks about it, though its not a project suggestion.
kira0802 wrote:Saw the suggestion coming way before. It was only a letter of time before this project is discussed.

Personally, I heard that there were too much plot holes. Though I haven't read them all yet.
Yes, there is too many plot holes. You don't need to read much to even spot them. Just the "game" itself is too flawed to even work out. Reason being its ACCEL world:
Spoiler! :
In the game, you are supposedly having your brain in hyper mode, even faster than your body, by thousands of times? I forgo the ratios, since its too big a plot. Consider this, you play a MMORPG with your friend, and you both agree to log in at 3pm. However, since the game is sped up, you have to wait a couple of hours in there just to set the differences in seconds to meet up. How the hell are you going to play the game? Not to forget there are to be hundreds or thousands of people any time when you log in. Something is seriously wrong if you try doing the maths.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

I read up to vol 1 chapter 9 of accel world while I was taking breaks from SAO. I don't know much about this story yet but seems you guys have some miss-understandings. I will put some major spoilers, so don't read if you don't want to be informed ahead of maybe later translation novel.
Spoiler! :
This story happens somewhere in Sword Art Online's future where augment reality is common. It has nothing to do with SAO characters though. Augment reality is where virutal world connection and real world can exist together if you don't know what it is.

First, why those girls like a fat kid, they see his inner beauty I guess? His childhood girl knows him well from youth, and Princess Snow Black was impressed by his reaction speed in virtual world so recruited him.

As for how accel works, it seems our heart beat is our computer clock controling our brain's proccessing speed. When you are in a dangerous situation your heart beat faster so you can think faster. This is the author's explanation for how to put in accel anyway. Accel is a hacking program that speeds up your heart rate as it was being sent to your brain by 1000 times, but this only works in the virtual world. You can make it work in the real world too, for the brain speed up, but the cost is way too much. You have 30 minutes in virutal world at that accel time, which is about 1.8 seconds real world. In that accel virtual world, you get to see the real world through surveillance cameras and make decisions before returning to the real world. You can see the possibilits of cheating in sports and other stuff right?

As for the game, it might get changed later, but as far as I know right now it's a Street Fighter type of game that lasts 30 minutes, which is the reason for the accel time limit. The reason they fight in these games is to obtain points to be able to continue using accel function. Their avatar for the fights is determined from a nightmare that looks at the owner's whole life and his wishes when he first get the hack program. When you challenge someone to a fight, that person has no choice but to accept, and every friend who's linked to them as viewers will be pulled in as watchers. The number of users you see that can be challenged is based on the network you are on, from small school network to the large internet for the world.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

After talking with another guy, it seems you guys mostly get info about accel world from manga. And it seems to be in a very strange form. I was thinking of making a teaser project for this title, anyone know how I go about doing it? I don't want to do a main project but want to play with the title page and stuff, since I am busy helping out SAO atm.

Edit: I went to look around and found out how easy it was to start a teaser project. So I did it.
ShadowZeroHeart

Xplorer30 wrote:I will put some major spoilers, so don't read if you don't want to be informed ahead of maybe later translation novel.
Spoiler! :
As for how accel works, it seems our heart beat is our computer clock controling our brain's proccessing speed. When you are in a dangerous situation your heart beat faster so you can think faster. This is the author's explanation for how to put in accel anyway. Accel is a hacking program that speeds up your heart rate as it was being sent to your brain by 1000 times, but this only works in the virtual world. You can make it work in the real world too, for the brain speed up, but the cost is way too much. You have 30 minutes in virutal world at that accel time, which is about 1.8 seconds real world. In that accel virtual world, you get to see the real world through surveillance cameras and make decisions before returning to the real world. You can see the possibilits of cheating in sports and other stuff right?

As for the game, it might get changed later, but as far as I know right now it's a Street Fighter type of game that lasts 30 minutes, which is the reason for the accel time limit. The reason they fight in these games is to obtain points to be able to continue using accel function. Their avatar for the fights is determined from a nightmare that looks at the owner's whole life and his wishes when he first get the hack program. When you challenge someone to a fight, that person has no choice but to accept, and every friend who's linked to them as viewers will be pulled in as watchers. The number of users you see that can be challenged is based on the network you are on, from small school network to the large internet for the world.
I did read the series, at least up to vol6 where the chinese version is out so far, so I would like to clarify with you. Basically, what I read in your post seems different from my book? Regarding how Accel works that is...

Accel works by, without the heartbeat, as such accelerated heartbeat would make your heart burst, but since our brain is actually capable of much more, and functions on brainwaves(electric waves), it is actually possible to bypass the heart, and only accelerate the brain portion, which is the exact same reason that under normal situations, they can only think in accel mode, but not act in reality in accel mode.

And the plot hole is, as you mentioned, a game that lasts for 30minutes in accel mode. But as accel works in acceleration of over a thousand times, it is 1.8seconds in reality. So in that case, you have to wait 30mins in game for a friend that has a time lag of 1.8sec difference in logging in. Imagine how many people have to be constantly online for the game to work? Those people would probably have to spend years in there before u can actually chance upon meeting them in a day.

Friends are not pulled in as audience, but people(players) can opt to view matches as audience. Friends on the other hand can opt to log in when a friend logs in nearby, which reduces the time difference problem. Furthermore, you forgot to mention to even use normal brain accel without the game portion, accel would take up points, thus in order to cheat and keep up with uses such as sports fore-see(actually you just pause to plan), and school examination cheating (you can see anything cameras can) you have to earn points to keep your accel world.
Xplorer30 wrote:After talking with another guy, it seems you guys mostly get info about accel world from manga. And it seems to be in a very strange form. I was thinking of making a teaser project for this title, anyone know how I go about doing it? I don't want to do a main project but want to play with the title page and stuff, since I am busy helping out SAO atm.

Edit: I went to look around and found out how easy it was to start a teaser project. So I did it.
You can simply just translate the teaser, post it here or at the wiki. If you post here, some of our friendly staff will help you create the page. If you have intentions to translate it further, we would suggest you learn some bits of wiki usage, as it would be easier if you upload your translations there yourself.

Hope I answer your questions.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I did read the series, at least up to vol6 where the chinese version is out so far, so I would like to clarify with you. Basically, what I read in your post seems different from my book? Regarding how Accel works that is...
Hmm, if you read till vol 6, then you know a lot more than I do. But is the Chinese translation really that different?

Your part about how accel works is same as mine, the human's heart rate is sped up 1000 times by the hack program and sent to the brain in virtual reality only. The speed up of heart rate is only for the brain's processing speed, no actual heart beat is sped up in reality. I forgot to mention non-game accel mode cost points, thanks for adding that. How accel worked in reality, I only seen it once in volume 1, if you forgot where it was, re-read it.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:And the plot hole is, as you mentioned, a game that lasts for 30minutes in accel mode. But as accel works in acceleration of over a thousand times, it is 1.8seconds in reality. So in that case, you have to wait 30mins in game for a friend that has a time lag of 1.8sec difference in logging in. Imagine how many people have to be constantly online for the game to work? Those people would probably have to spend years in there before u can actually chance upon meeting them in a day.
This part you seem to miss-understand. It's like a battle.net list of people that's in your current network. You can see this list without going into accel mode. Once you challenge someone to a duel, you will both go into accel mode and into the game at the same time. There's no such thing as waitinig or time difference or whatever.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:You can simply just translate the teaser, post it here or at the wiki. If you post here, some of our friendly staff will help you create the page. If you have intentions to translate it further, we would suggest you learn some bits of wiki usage, as it would be easier if you upload your translations there yourself.

Hope I answer your questions.
I am not all that bad with wiki. The teaser project is now up and about. Thanks for your info.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Thanks for the teaser project!
ShadowZeroHeart

Xplorer30 wrote: Your part about how accel works is same as mine, the human's heart rate is sped up 1000 times by the hack program and sent to the brain in virtual reality only. The speed up of heart rate is only for the brain's processing speed, no actual heart beat is sped up in reality. I forgot to mention non-game accel mode cost points, thanks for adding that. How accel worked in reality, I only seen it once in volume 1, if you forgot where it was, re-read it.

This part you seem to miss-understand. It's like a battle.net list of people that's in your current network. You can see this list without going into accel mode. Once you challenge someone to a duel, you will both go into accel mode and into the game at the same time. There's no such thing as waitinig or time difference or whatever.

Accel works in reality in not just the full burst, but cheating in exams or sports too, but those are rather minor.

And about the log in to battle part, since they log in as their accel world avatars, i usually assume that they are already in burst mode, so maybe thats my error on that part. Another reason being that ACCEL WORLD is meant to be hidden from the masses, so I figured once they log in, they must be inside the accelerated mode to get unnoticed, maybe I am wrong? But if so, won't the audience not be able to apply to watch a given game(you have roughly 1.8s to apply to see the end of the game!)? Similarly, there are cases where they had in-game events, so are those in accel time, or real time? Now it becomes confusing to settle which part is which.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Xplorer30 wrote:Edit: I went to look around and found out how easy it was to start a teaser project. So I did it.
But even a teaser project needs at least a little translation... ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:And about the log in to battle part, since they log in as their accel world avatars, i usually assume that they are already in burst mode, so maybe thats my error on that part. Another reason being that ACCEL WORLD is meant to be hidden from the masses, so I figured once they log in, they must be inside the accelerated mode to get unnoticed, maybe I am wrong? But if so, won't the audience not be able to apply to watch a given game(you have roughly 1.8s to apply to see the end of the game!)? Similarly, there are cases where they had in-game events, so are those in accel time, or real time? Now it becomes confusing to settle which part is which.
The accel hack program is sort of like a server that you can use to search for opponents that you can challenge. It will only find people with that same program of course. When you and your opponent go into a game, everyone that is linked to you or him as a viewer will go into the game at the same time. Volume 1 didn't have any events or multi-player battles so I don't know how those works.
Darklor wrote:But even a teaser project needs at least a little translation... ;)
If you seen my teaser page, you can see that I am listed as a very slow translator. I am treating it as a break from helping out Sword Art Online, so won't bother applying for a main project. This way I can translate it slowly, and maybe get some real speed translators on it on the way.

Edit: Oh I didn't know teaser projects need authorization too. I dislike putting up unfinish parts of a chapter, but if you really want me to guess I can put up the few pages I done.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

They are approved as long as they have also a translation, but without is it just a empty project.

Its just so that teaser projects dont need a complete chapter to be approved, in contrast to a new full project, where at least one complete chapter is the minimal requirement for the approval.

So as soon as a (little) translation is submitted the ATP can be removed.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Well, I will translate a few more pages. Where I am at right now is just too depressing to put up. It might drive off more people than gain interest.
ShadowZeroHeart

Xplorer30 wrote:Well, I will translate a few more pages. Where I am at right now is just too depressing to put up. It might drive off more people than gain interest.
Which part is it? Which volume are you at anyway?

P.S. there is no saddening event, or rather, they all have good endings in ACCEL WORLD so far. From what i am guessing, where you are reading is going to be a big loophole
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Which part is it? Which volume are you at anyway?
I am translation Accel World volume 1 chapter 1 right now. The beginng introduces Haruyuki, and it's not all that fun. I have gotten pass that sort of now, going to wait for Darn2k to edit it a bit for me in Google docs then I will upload it soon.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”