Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Accel World

Post by Xplorer30 »

Ah ok. I have been busy lately so haven't kept up with stuff here much. And I am just a normal forum user anyway.

By the way, I also just noticed that we are in the SAO sub forum, guess that's pretty good idea since they are by the same author.

So people, if you want to make new Accel World topics, go for it!
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

The site which copied B-T script and hosted it without permission/credits already took down the light novel scripts.
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by stellarroze »

BeginnerXP wrote:The site which copied B-T script and hosted it without permission/credits already took down the light novel scripts.
The scripts are still there...
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't see it in top navigation menu so I thought the owner already removed it.
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

And now Ping has put out the threat of blowing up the Accel World page here on twitter. Seems like Accel World is gonna get blown up for awhile.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Gohankuten wrote:And now Ping has put out the threat of blowing up the Accel World page here on twitter. Seems like Accel World is gonna get blown up for awhile.
First time is hard. Second time is easy...
User753
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by User753 »

Can only hope that this will end up peacefully without any bloodbath.
thatoneguy
Astral Realm

Post by thatoneguy »

Teh_ping wrote:
Gohankuten wrote:And now Ping has put out the threat of blowing up the Accel World page here on twitter. Seems like Accel World is gonna get blown up for awhile.
First time is hard. Second time is easy...
Man I've lurked here for years, your overreaction made me sign up of all things.

He also has one for Sword Art: Online, if you are going to blow up Accel World I suggest you be fair and do the same for Kawahara's other series.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

I understand the outrage but there are more civilized methods of going about it. Informing the readership or people is a much better solution. If only we had some kind of global interconnected communication system were we can direct people to vast forms of information with ease.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

thatoneguy wrote:He also has one for Sword Art: Online, if you are going to blow up Accel World I suggest you be fair and do the same for Kawahara's other series.
But he doesn't host SAO LN, right?
Can you please elaborate for me what does Streisand effect have to do with this? 8)
thatoneguy wrote:I understand the outrage but there are more civilized methods of going about it. Informing the readership or people is a much better solution.
Informing who if I may ask? The visitor of that website?
thatoneguy wrote:If only we had some kind of global interconnected communication system were we can direct people to vast forms of information with ease.
Internet? :lol:
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Well, might as well: [link removed]
Since, it'll probably be where translation are left remaining
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

arczyx wrote:
thatoneguy wrote:He also has one for Sword Art: Online, if you are going to blow up Accel World I suggest you be fair and do the same for Kawahara's other series.
But he doesn't host SAO LN, right?
Can you please elaborate for me what does Streisand effect have to do with this? 8)
thatoneguy wrote:I understand the outrage but there are more civilized methods of going about it. Informing the readership or people is a much better solution.
Informing who if I may ask? The visitor of that website?
thatoneguy wrote:If only we had some kind of global interconnected communication system were we can direct people to vast forms of information with ease.
Internet? :lol:
1st Question: No he doesn't.

2nd Question: Either it's a nice advertising on our side or that we send a clear message that we do not tolerate this. In other words, while I don't think there will be much viewership that will gladly donate, it's more to reinforce that we do not support this.

3rd Question: TLG tried to tell the host to remove it. I sent 2 messages to the webowner of the page through Facebook. It has been a week. Let's put it this way, do you reason with the Joker or someone who's been blatantly trying to think we're idiots just by removing the tab off the header?

4th Question: If everyone has that kind of system, you can be sure that at least 75% of them will be spam mails...
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

thatoneguy wrote:Man I've lurked here for years, your overreaction made me sign up of all things.

He also has one for Sword Art: Online, if you are going to blow up Accel World I suggest you be fair and do the same for Kawahara's other series.

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

I understand the outrage but there are more civilized methods of going about it. Informing the readership or people is a much better solution. If only we had some kind of global interconnected communication system were we can direct people to vast forms of information with ease.
Tell me that again when it's your work getting plagiarized.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

I think you completely missed the point. There is nothing that Baka-Tsuki needs to hide or suppress. Otherwise, free translations wouldn't be offered in the first place. Copying or spreading the work in itself is not an issue, but trying to profit by soliciting donations is unethical.

More people finding about that site through Baka-Tsuki is not a problem -- presumably, they would be wise enough not to donate. In fact, the more people that know about this plagiarizing site the better, for they could either help stop it or at least be informed enough not to be conned into paying for something that is already free.

Anyway, since the Paypal donation link on that site has Indonesia as the default country, asking for help in Indonesian circles would probably be more effective.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

zzhk wrote:Anyway, since the Paypal donation link on that site has Indonesia as the default country, asking for help in Indonesian circles would probably be more effective.
Really~ You should've told me sooner about this. Well, I managed to found his profile in a few forum, but seeing Ping already messaged him via FB I don't think contacting him there would make any difference.

By the way, he's happy because Ping publicized his blog actually (judging from his forum post).
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

arczyx wrote:By the way, he's happy because Ping publicized his blog actually (judging from his forum post).
No problem. Good publicity on our side to show that we do not accept such behavior as well. I don't care what people complain about us. All I know is that if B-T gets sued because we indirectly helped out in selling illegal stuff, you know who to blame at least.

And btw, I made my decision.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”