SAO Anime Discussion Thread

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: SAO Anime Discussion Thread

Post by Lery »

Actually, for me it was the contrary : the LN touched me more. I found the anime moving too, but less than the LN. (I'm kind of a reading type, I guess.)

And I can't wait for Sinon to come to the small screen ^^ It has to be, I guess, given the success of SAO.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
KiraSkellington
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KiraSkellington »

Lery wrote:Actually, for me it was the contrary : the LN touched me more. I found the anime moving too, but less than the LN. (I'm kind of a reading type, I guess.)

And I can't wait for Sinon to come to the small screen ^^ It has to be, I guess, given the success of SAO.

Nah Trust me I Prefer the LN to the Anime any day I am more of a Reader as well but I feel like when I read I was reading the ALO arc soooooo FAST cause I just wanted him to be with Asuna again that I kinda didn't see how serious Sugu's Feelings were for him till I watched it in the Anime =/ Excited for this weeks episode and the next book.. My birthday is the 18th soo I would Love if 1 chap was translated by then XD
Lery

Post by Lery »

Ahaha, I'm sure the translator will be able to manage it that fast, 1 chapter a week would be an impressive speed :shock:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

You mean the Vol 11?
a week might be too much to ask for. I think that they haven't even known who will translate Vol 11

though I still hope that we will get something to read as a Christmas/New Year present. something like a teaser will still do for me :D
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

I noticed that, in the anime episode 9 (17:48) crunchyroll subtitles, Kirito says that Dual-wielding appeared "about six months ago." Whereas is the V1 Ch12 translation here, the narrative says Kirito found it "about a year ago." I was surprised at this difference, because it seems like most things are adapted directly from the novel. I didn't notice any discussion of this from skimming through posts at the time episode 9 came out, but was this discussed anywhere? I'm curious if it was a difference in the translation, or if the anime wanted to simplify the timeline, or if it was simply a detail the anime creators didn't pay attention to.
Lery

Post by Lery »

gn_x00 wrote:You mean the Vol 11?
a week might be too much to ask for. I think that they haven't even known who will translate Vol 11

though I still hope that we will get something to read as a Christmas/New Year present. something like a teaser will still do for me :D
My bad : I meant "I'm not sure that ..." But the "not" disappeared ^^' :oops:
What I meant was that 1 chapter a week is almost impossible to do, unless translating it almost full time :wink:

About the dual-wielding question, Kirito should have acquired the "Dual Blades" in October-November 2023... Didn't he?
Then they are at the 74th floor in August/September 2024, at least in the LN... And it's not a translation mistake in the subtitles, I think. So it has to be the anime creators who didn't pay attention to it. :|

Sysadmin, sometimes.
KiraSkellington
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KiraSkellington »

Yeah it was alot to ask for but Just saying Haha XD also mann new episode just leaves you hanging haha Excitied for this weeks .. I just want AsunaxKirito Omgggg Haha Lovey scenes soon please <3 Also.. Season 2 come onnn I want a Animated Sinon soooo Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Cthaeh wrote:I noticed that, in the anime episode 9 (17:48) crunchyroll subtitles, Kirito says that Dual-wielding appeared "about six months ago." Whereas is the V1 Ch12 translation here, the narrative says Kirito found it "about a year ago." I was surprised at this difference, because it seems like most things are adapted directly from the novel. I didn't notice any discussion of this from skimming through posts at the time episode 9 came out, but was this discussed anywhere? I'm curious if it was a difference in the translation, or if the anime wanted to simplify the timeline, or if it was simply a detail the anime creators didn't pay attention to.
They're all accurate in terms of translation.
No idea if it's a mistake or they just wanted Kirito to lie to Klein.

And a standard chapter (50 - 100 pages?) in a week is... pretty impossible even if you focus entirely on it...
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

lol
in a week time, someone might be able to translate the afterword ^_^
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Tap wrote: And a standard chapter (50 - 100 pages?) in a week is... pretty impossible even if you focus entirely on it...
Depends on the translator there Tap. I mean look at how fast Drey puts out the Mahouka chapters. He can do about 1-2 chapters a week even with the fact he has to work lol so a 50-100 page chapter a week would be no problem. Then again I'm not even sure if Drey is actually human with how fast his translations are lol. Zzhk is also fairly fast so I think he could pull out a 50-100 page chapter a week as well. But like I said it depends on the translator what the speed of translation would be.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

I don't know the details on pages, but I think Mahouka has less page per chapter than SAO's Alicization Arc
I mean, Alicization's each book only consist of something like 4 chapter, and the interlude is very short, so you might only count that Alicization running only got 3 chapter for the whole book. While Mahouka has 6 chapter I guess...

but yeah, it also depends on the translator. and most translator has a lot of real life things that he need to work too...
for me the quality is what is important. so I don't really mind waiting for a bit long.

and before we get even more off topic, Next week is SAO last episode for anime?
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

I'm a little apprehensive about the last episode....
Spoiler! :
They couldn't possibly cut out the RL battle between Sugou and Kirito, could they? It's fine if they felt that a cliffhanger wasn't needed, but this is one of the few bits where Kirito is more human than hax.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Skeptic
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Skeptic »

I think if they don't have enough time to do absolutely everything, they'll compress (or cut) some of the epilogue stuff. They do have the option of dropping the opening, and having the end music and credits played over the final scene, so it might not be too terrible.
Spoiler! :
Also they have the option of actually adding some stuff in, compared to the original; there are things that could be shown without taking any extra time. They could show Rinko briefly while Kirito internally monologues that bit of closure. They could show everyone who survived in the final scene (minus the laughing coffin guys), no matter how obscure; just have them among the groups flying up in the background, even if they don't get a speaking part. And when Kirito monologues about The Seed, that'd be a perfect spot to show one of the other worlds born from it - perhaps a certain sniper soloing a boss by plinking away with an old rifle...

I could see them cutting scene transitions and shortening the party at Agil's cafe, though. Everyone in that scene could appear elsewhere in the episode, even moving some of their lines to the ascent at the very end as they stop to chat on the way.
Crt
Astral Realm

Post by Crt »

Cryum wrote:I'm a little apprehensive about the last episode....
Spoiler! :
They couldn't possibly cut out the RL battle between Sugou and Kirito, could they? It's fine if they felt that a cliffhanger wasn't needed, but this is one of the few bits where Kirito is more human than hax.
I really wish they just cut the ending credits or replace it with Kirito biking down and ending it with Sugou in the darkness, not necessarily a cliffhanger with him attacking, but just staring waiting to attack.
Draeke-Forther
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Draeke-Forther »

That was a good episode. That was a good series.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”