After the anime, Games...?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

After the anime, Games...?

Post by Mystes »

Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: After the anime, Games...?

Post by b0mb3r »

kind of reminds me of the toradora portable, which if you don't mind asking. what happen to it?

baka baka baka
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

It's kinda like the opposite of what they did with the .Hack series

Games -> animes -> novels
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

b0mb3r wrote:kind of reminds me of the toradora portable, which if you don't mind asking. what happen to it?
If you meant the game, it was released a long time back. If you meant the translation, it was forgotten, a long time back.

And yes, it seems to be opposite of .Hack, which means you can get ready for even crappier storyline, plot and gameplay altogether.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Sharramon
Project Translator

Post by Sharramon »

Actually since Accel World is pretty much a 1 on 1 battle game. It's going to be HARD to make a completely crap game out of it. Don't know for SAO though. But Kawahara pretty much GAVE them the system for the games.

HOW BAD COULD IT BE?! XP
Nobody move! Anybody who moves is the culprit!
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sharramon wrote:Actually since Accel World is pretty much a 1 on 1 battle game. It's going to be HARD to make a completely crap game out of it. Don't know for SAO though. But Kawahara pretty much GAVE them the system for the games.

HOW BAD COULD IT BE?! XP
Accel World is NOT a 1 on 1 battle game.

Its more of a team based once they get to lv 3 or so? Guild wars, territory claiming, etc. They have had 2v2 and all. But its impossible for the game to include the insane system as described by the novel.
Spoiler! :
Accel World is a game based off a person's brain. However, in later parts, they revealed a hidden ability. When one's brain functions faster than the game can handle, an "overwrite" can occur, where your greatest imagination can write into the game, allowing u to "break enemy weapons", "extend beyond range" etc etc. It is a plot where the game rules no longer restrains the player. This is one of the loopholes though, as there are PLENTY of in-game enemies that even overwriting cannot beat. But hey, you overwrite the system, and still lose to it... Kinda weird isnt it?
Personally, I doubt they can make a good game out of it. Most game adaptations made, especially if meant to follow plot and story, fails miserably. If they make it MMORPG or something, they are just using the name, selling the popularity, and they wont give a damn about making the game close to its description or good. For example, in ACCEL WORLD, the first thing u see would be players spam-creation of characters to get one(color/elemental/ability) they like if it is MMORPG. And its quite impossible that limited edition characters as described in novels are made available (flight type, or the 3 healing types etc). imagine a bunch of silver crows in battles etc? its lame i tell ya
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Let it be just Visual novel...
Engetsu
Astral Realm

Post by Engetsu »

I don't know about Accel World because i haven't gotten round to reading it yet but as for Sword Art Online it's got some real potential as a either a Stand alone console game or MMO. I personally want to see it as an RPG for console because if you based the entire game around the events of volume one, Two and the first day chapter of vol 7 then filled in the gaps with cannon material that has been hinted at but not actually written such as the laughing coffin guild. Kirito makes reference that they launched a campaign using the other guilds to wipe them out add that into the game a bit more on how Kirito got to know the members of Black Cats of the Full Moon expand on the Kirito Sachi relationship. Hell with just what iv written you could make a good 30 hour + game. I'm not sure how they will go about making the game but if they stick to the story of Sword Art give it some good combat and a Mass Effect like system for building relationships with other characters could be one hell of a game. Actually while I'm thinking about it someone bring this game to Bioware's attention they'd make a great Sword Art Online game hell Bioware makes great RPG's period.
ssdan
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by ssdan »

It would be nice if they make it like what Engetsu said but highly unlikely...
It's probably just going to be another one of those crappy PSP adaptation games.
But for the sake of everyone here... lets hope not o.o;;......
QX1102
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by QX1102 »

I would love to play if they make into game, same as .hack game series is fine, they can make it into 3 vol or more like .hack GU :D
crosse
Reader
All The Ramen on the Sky

Post by crosse »

I just do hope we reach the time VR tech becomes a reality, and that SAO will see a real VRMMO be fleshed out. In the meantime, SAO might be a hack and slash MMO. I think.. o_O
Home - sakuraindex.jp
Blog - sei.moe
Wolfnoko
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Wolfnoko »

it would be amazing if the tech for a VRMMO comes out soon and they decide to work with reki kawahara to make the world of SAO the first MMO (without the ultimate penalty in game ^^;)
Rednal
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by Rednal »

If it was even vaguely close to the way Aincrad's described, I would love a SAO game so much. But... yeah, I'm basically expecting a mid-low quality PSP game unlikely to ever be localized instead of a decent console game. Seriously, I don't even need much plot; just give me the revamped version of Aincrad from later in the novels (yay, magic!) and tell me to go beat all 100 floors. Without dying. While leveling up my skills and abilities to ridiculous numbers.

XD

I can dream, right?
ssdan
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by ssdan »

Rednal wrote:If it was even vaguely close to the way Aincrad's described, I would love a SAO game so much. But... yeah, I'm basically expecting a mid-low quality PSP game unlikely to ever be localized instead of a decent console game. Seriously, I don't even need much plot; just give me the revamped version of Aincrad from later in the novels (yay, magic!) and tell me to go beat all 100 floors. Without dying. While leveling up my skills and abilities to ridiculous numbers.

XD

I can dream, right?
That doesn't sound like dreaming to me... more like fantasizing xD but hey what can I say... I'm doing the exact thing lol :P
Codeir
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Codeir »

http://imgur.com/a/mFDiF

*cough*

That might be working in WebGL with Kinect integration... (using the Sony HMD for now, but targeting http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152 ... o-the-game)

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”