Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

Post by Simon »

If I think about the old nickname what is the real name is and in non english-speaking parts of the world it normal name. I'm doomed for life bekause of some idiot who translated it. (in english-speaking parts of the world) :shock:
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

I started a topic about review about hard-/software for reading ePUBs and more.

>>>ePUB Hard-/Software Reviews<<<
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

To all PDF/EPUB/MOBI makers:
You might want to add a little watermark or add another page to your files staying:
"This translation is a free provided by www.Baka-Tsuki.org : not for sale, rent, or auction"
in your next update. It is true that some people would actually sell your work without you noticing. Plus B-T has a "Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!" here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4490 where they are trying to increase awareness of B-T. (since some forums link the pdf's without the person being aware of where it came from).
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Thank you for the info. I will insert it in the ePUBs that I make. I have already made baka-tsuki a publisher in the ePUB, but will insert it as a new site.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Today I was designing credits page for The World God Only Knows LN vol.1 mainly to allow readers to know who translates the novel they are reading (and giving translators the proper credits), also added a link to the project's wiki page. I planned to add credits page to SAO too but not all other series I already did (especially 33 volumes of Toaru Majutsu no Index).

Then I read lp113's post.

This might force me to redo all those PDFs as well, to allow BT to be more recognised thus might bring translators to the project I want to see continue like monogatari series (I heard it's too hard to translate).

For the selling of free stuffs, I personally think no matter what we did, we can't stop it. The credits page can be removed off the PDF with the proper software anyway. It's like once we let our stuff post on the internet, we no longer have any control over it anymore.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

May be like that.

-------------------------------------------

"<<Tittle>>"
"<<Author>>" <<<< maybe this too
"<<Illustrator>>" <<<<< and this

"Hosted by: Baka-Tsuki" (link)
"Translator: "
"Editor:" "
-------------------------------------------

Still waiting for a reply from gto and hobogunner.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

I'm gonna be fast cuz I'm in class

I agree to the idea and will do it in due time but about the selling we can somehow prevent it by locking the PDFs so they can't print it
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Here too. Will look what can I do with ePUBs.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

carj wrote:I'm gonna be fast cuz I'm in class

I agree to the idea and will do it in due time but about the selling we can somehow prevent it by locking the PDFs so they can't print it
But what about legit reader who downloaded PDF but cannot read the tablet screen for extend period of time, thus need to print it ? I'm sure many people cannot stare at computer screen for long, my dad included, that's why e-ink screen of Kindle is so great.

This is only my opinion, please do not offend by it. I do think if we put too much restrictions it'll only turn people away.
Baka-tsuki is non-profit community founded by people who loves light novels and want to let more people know about those wonderful series. It is sure to have a few bad people in every community, in our case, people who makes money off the work which others do without asking anything in return. But if we put too much restrictions on how we distributing stuffs it might defeats the purpose of introducing Light Novels to the mass, and also might hurt legit readers who are majority. Those minority leechers can always find a way around the restrictions no matter what we do anyway.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Will look for the best way. Most likely the problem is PDF. ePUB is more for reader. By teh way I have A PRS-T1, these thing are great .
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

I've updated SAO vol.1-4 & 6 with credits page, also updated the content with latest edits/fixes from wiki.
Links at the first post of this thread should be updated by carj soon, but in the meantime please get the updated files directly from my MediaFire folder here [link removed]
Last edited by BeginnerXP on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

updated =P

and well....yea you're right about the print lock, i originally started doing the PDF cuz a friend wanted to print to read, and i did not like reading in the browser........well i'll try to think of something else xD might come up with something better

thanks for noting that
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Just spent about 2+ hours to get rid of the scaling problem on PRS-T1 and the reading software. But no chances for now.
My PROBLEm:
Spoiler! :
red.jpg
Gone throught the full course of CSS with this thing.
There are two possibilities:
Spoiler! :
1st: There are problems with the scaling when you use some othe options.
or
2nd: It's a very simple problem and with the ammount I think, I'm overthink the answer and search for other possibilities that doesn't work.
I think I let them be big and create some white spaces until I find the answer.
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

I personally like full page pictures, Since that was how it was in the original novel wasn't it?
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

The point is. Its always better to have it fullscreen how it was originaly but on other side it makes big white spaces in the dokument while reading and and and ... duno. And on other its better to heve it on the right/left side so you can see the picture and the text to the picture. It's more like a personal problem. So when Imanage to do it i will post another Version allong side the normal. There also must be done ones for iBooks. iBooks is a tricky one and have problems with CSS.

Mfg, Simon.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”