Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

Post by Teh_ping »

A quick amendment to the previous announcement. The series mentioned (Sword Art Online and Accel World) will be taken down by the release of the first volumes for the respective series latest.
haseo0408
Astral Realm

Post by haseo0408 »

Teh_ping wrote:A quick amendment to the previous announcement. The series mentioned (Sword Art Online and Accel World) will be taken down by the release of the first volumes for the respective series latest.
I don´t really understand, english is not my mother lenguage, does this mean that when the fist english novel comes out you will take down the translation for the volume 1 on the site and so on or you will take down the entire project for good? Sorry for the trouble. :(
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

the full project.
Call me Nurin!

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Everything. If a C&D comes, everything goes down too.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

haseo0408 wrote:I don´t really understand, english is not my mother lenguage, does this mean that when the fist english novel comes out you will take down the translation for the volume 1 on the site and so on or you will take down the entire project for good? Sorry for the trouble. :(
Pretty much the entire main series. If the phrasing is stated differently i.e if it would include the side series, read: Progressive, Progressive will be taken down too.
haseo0408
Astral Realm

Post by haseo0408 »

Teh_ping wrote:
haseo0408 wrote:I don´t really understand, english is not my mother lenguage, does this mean that when the fist english novel comes out you will take down the translation for the volume 1 on the site and so on or you will take down the entire project for good? Sorry for the trouble. :(
Pretty much the entire main series. If the phrasing is stated differently i.e if it would include the side series, read: Progressive, Progressive will be taken down too.
It pains to hear that but I think it´s for the best, it goes to show how famous Sword Art Online has become and fans should be happy about it but all of us can afford to buy the volume so it´s going to be diffcult to follow the last volume. Oh well, thanks a lot for all the hard work the translators have given for this great series. :cry: :(
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

In all honesty, this piece of news gives me mixed feelings.

This wasn't a complete shock. A series that got as much attention as it did in the America will definitely attract the eyes of these companies.

The translators of these 2 series have put in massive amounts of time and effort into translating them, and for that I will like to once again express my sincere thanks.

Hopefully, the licensing company will allow volumes that have not been translated by them to still be put up on websites, though I seriously doubt that will happen.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
iamnuff
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by iamnuff »

Heres hoping they don't pull a shana and just poking stop translating after forcing you to remove all the fanslations.

on that note, I'm downloading everything so i still have them if they drop the hammer.

I have volumes 1-10 as Epub from the first page in this thread, but theres no 11, even though its on the main site.

Also, i don't think the Epub has all the sidestories, the one i downloaded has:

Aria in the Starless Night
Versus
There is but one ultimate way

and apparently "Cradle of the Moon Chapter 1" but all that page contains is...
In a corridor lined with white columns, loud echoes of human and animal footsteps can be heard.

Running forward, her slightly long black hair wildly flying,
so i guess that's busted.

Alicization Rising (volume 12) isn't on Baka Tsuki, but it is in TapTrans site, no PDF or Epub though, so i just saved the whole page as a HTML file.

not quite as elegant as an Epub, but it will do in a pinch.
Aiel
Astral Realm

Post by Aiel »

Nura rihan wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:'NOTICE: The Sword Art Online and Accel World projects is currently licensed by Yen Press. Project will be deemed as 'Abandoned' within a month.
that's the true
sorry if I'am wrong but the first volume are supposed to be released in 2014, right ?
so why do you take it down in a month ?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Teh_ping wrote:A quick amendment to the previous announcement. The series mentioned (Sword Art Online and Accel World) will be taken down by the release of the first volumes for the respective series latest.
Re-read please...
Call me Nurin!

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Okay, further questions about the licensement of the novels, I would ask to be done here.

Regards
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Hey, can anyone make a PDF for all the side stories of SAO? One for the ME's too please. I would like to download it before it all disappears :(
Aiel
Astral Realm

Post by Aiel »

Nura rihan wrote:
Re-read please...
oups, sorry i had missed this post
Zero2001
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zero2001 »

Rohan123 wrote:Hey, can anyone make a PDF for all the side stories of SAO? One for the ME's too please. I would like to download it before it all disappears :(
I second that motion.

Please update all PDFs of the Volumes, Side stories, Material editions, etc to their latest versions.

We need to download them before they go *poof*.
Ne, onegai. Set me free, ne? Kore kara ii ko ni naru kara... ne?
Zero2001.
Tamal
Project Translator

Post by Tamal »

Where can I place link to the upload? :)
Eeeee... muszę iść się ogolić.

Just feed the troll...

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”