End of SAO approaching?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

End of SAO approaching?

Postby falcolobo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:50 pm

So I got wind of some news from a Japanese pen pal that SAO series is going to end after the Alicization Arc ends? Anyone care to weigh in with evidence or opinions?
"To my only desire, bring forth the beast of possibilities"
-Cardeas Vist (Gundam Unicorn)
User avatar
falcolobo
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: New York, New York

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Tap » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Possibly. Probably.

That said, Alicization will still last for a couple more years or so...
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby d34thw1ng » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am

ah?. i thought volume 11 and good bye sao...
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
d34thw1ng
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby ben1234 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:47 am

Alicization will need at least 4-5 volumes
Image
User avatar
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby falcolobo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 am

ben1234 wrote:Alicization will need at least 4-5 volumes


To do what? I really can't see where this arc is going to go. I was somewhat hoping he would do like an alternate universe thing for SAO, like maybe start a series of SAO where SAO wasn't done at level 79. It just seems like SAO needs more. Its such an expansive series with details that I would love to read about.
"To my only desire, bring forth the beast of possibilities"
-Cardeas Vist (Gundam Unicorn)
User avatar
falcolobo
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: New York, New York

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby ben1234 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I don't think the Alicization arc that's been serialized has even covered 50% of the material from the web novel.

Alicization actually drops plenty of hints of what's going to happen in the future if you read carefully.
Image
User avatar
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby M.A.D » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:26 am

falcolobo wrote:So I got wind of some news from a Japanese pen pal that SAO series is going to end after the Alicization Arc ends? Anyone care to weigh in with evidence or opinions?


The original SAO web novel has 4 main arcs, and Alicization was the 4th and final one, and by far the longest. From what I heard, if you divide the length of the web novel into published volumes, Alicization should last until around volume 15.

However, the author is apparently adding new stuffs here and there as he goes. Half of volume 10 was said to have freshly-written materials added into it for the sake of consistency and such, so we can expect this arc to go even longer. You don't have to worry about the story being dragged out though, because the original web novel was also long, but I've heard nothing but praises of its epicness, sort of like a saga.

falcolobo wrote:To do what? I really can't see where this arc is going to go. I was somewhat hoping he would do like an alternate universe thing for SAO, like maybe start a series of SAO where SAO wasn't done at level 79. It just seems like SAO needs more. Its such an expansive series with details that I would love to read about.


I agree with ben1234. There are plenty of hints in volume 9 and 10 already.

But if you want more of the First Arc of SAO, you can still have it. The author is writing a retelling of SAO, called SAO Progressive, with the story beginning from the first floor and going up one floor at a time.

Furthermore, since his novels are being published, there's nothing stopping him from making a 5th arc. Who knows?
M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:46 am

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Jenderal313 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 am

No way .....
Jenderal313
Kyonist
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:40 am

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Aska » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:01 am

M.A.D wrote:But if you want more of the First Arc of SAO, you can still have it. The author is writing a retelling of SAO, called SAO Progressive, with the story beginning from the first floor and going up one floor at a time.


Oh my god ! Can you give me your source ? It's not against you, in fact, I want to believe it. However, I don't want to rejoice for nothing...
Searching for
User avatar
Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:12 am
Location: France

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Tap » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 am

His twitter page, news sites, magazines, etc.

It's essentially Aria, Rondo, and the rest in that series, just edited and commercially published.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Aska » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:40 am

They will not publish on internet as détails for the SAO light novel ?
Searching for
User avatar
Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:12 am
Location: France

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Tap » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 am

Nah, the news' out on the 'net too, seeing as it's coming out this month and all.
It's on Dengeki Bunko's listing for stuff coming out next (it just entered October...) month, in any case.

abec's still the illustrator, but the cover illustration feels kindda off...
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby Creqaw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:29 pm

M.A.D wrote:The original SAO web novel has 4 main arcs, and Alicization was the 4th and final one, and by far the longest. From what I heard, if you divide the length of the web novel into published volumes, Alicization should last until around volume 15.

However, the author is apparently adding new stuffs here and there as he goes. Half of volume 10 was said to have freshly-written materials added into it for the sake of consistency and such, so we can expect this arc to go even longer. You don't have to worry about the story being dragged out though, because the original web novel was also long, but I've heard nothing but praises of its epicness, sort of like a saga.

So another year or 2 until the end then... Sounds so long.
Creqaw
Kyonist
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:41 am

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby alienvx0 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Creqaw wrote:
M.A.D wrote:The original SAO web novel has 4 main arcs, and Alicization was the 4th and final one, and by far the longest. From what I heard, if you divide the length of the web novel into published volumes, Alicization should last until around volume 15.

However, the author is apparently adding new stuffs here and there as he goes. Half of volume 10 was said to have freshly-written materials added into it for the sake of consistency and such, so we can expect this arc to go even longer. You don't have to worry about the story being dragged out though, because the original web novel was also long, but I've heard nothing but praises of its epicness, sort of like a saga.

So another year or 2 until the end then... Sounds so long.


Isn't that good though? I don't want SAO to end yet ;D
alienvx0
Mikuru's Master
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: End of SAO approaching?

Postby hikkikomori no aria » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:03 am

alienvx0 wrote:
Creqaw wrote:So another year or 2 until the end then... Sounds so long.


Isn't that good though? I don't want SAO to end yet ;D


i can understand your feeling :D
SAO's a masterpiece so i really want to continue reading it, but i also want kirito to hurry and have a happy ending, with asuna of course. imagining when kirito wake up and then see asuna, how beautiful would that be, i mean, in kirito's mind, they haven't seen in each other for years, right? i can't wait for more 8)
To be, or not to be, that is the question
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
User avatar
hikkikomori no aria
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:46 pm
Location: inside my room somewhere in Java land

Next

Return to Sword Art Online & Accel World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest