SAO Light Novel Audiobook?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Don03
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

SAO Light Novel Audiobook?

Post by Don03 »

So, as with most others in this forum, I've been entranced by Sword Art Online. I find myself constantly thinking about it, so because I like the series so much I was thinking of recording an audiobook of it.

Since I run a weekly radio show out of UC San Diego, I was thinking of using my time on air to do live readings and provide links for the downloads later.

But before I do that, I was wondering if I could get the OK from the editors and/or translators to for me to use the translations.

Due credit will be naturally given and of course I would make no money from this whatsoever (I don't even get paid for my gig.)
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: SAO Light Novel Audiobook?

Post by Tap »

If you aren't earning profits from it directly, I doubt anyone here would object.
That said, it is a (pretty much completely unauthorised) translation of a commercial book.
Just keep that in mind, I guess.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Just wondering,

If the translation got edited (and it's a pretty significant edit), would you redo the audiobook over and over again? :mrgreen:
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Don03 wrote:So, as with most others in this forum, I've been entranced by Sword Art Online. I find myself constantly thinking about it, so because I like the series so much I was thinking of recording an audiobook of it.

Since I run a weekly radio show out of UC San Diego, I was thinking of using my time on air to do live readings and provide links for the downloads later.

But before I do that, I was wondering if I could get the OK from the editors and/or translators to for me to use the translations.

Due credit will be naturally given and of course I would make no money from this whatsoever (I don't even get paid for my gig.)
Hi,

For your request, just give a reference to us when you do the audiobook. You don't have to present the links for the downloads yet to see if this can work atm. We just request that people don't profit off our translations (since we're illegal pirates anyway), and just give credit to those due.

As for the edits, they are mostly minor at this point lol.
Don03
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Don03 »

arczyx wrote:Just wondering,

If the translation got edited (and it's a pretty significant edit), would you redo the audiobook over and over again? :mrgreen:
Hahaha, only if the edit made everyone speak in ermehgerd speak.
Teh_ping wrote:
Hi,

For your request, just give a reference to us when you do the audiobook. You don't have to present the links for the downloads yet to see if this can work atm. We just request that people don't profit off our translations (since we're illegal pirates anyway), and just give credit to those due.

As for the edits, they are mostly minor at this point lol.
I'm waiting for my time slot to be given to me, but I'm expecting to start it the week of 8 October.
Jenderal313
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Jenderal313 »

I guess everyone will be agree if you done that
Don03
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Don03 »

A bit later than I wanted to announce, but I got stuck in a dungeon on the 52nd floor.

My show is on Wednesdays (first one being today) from 4p-6p PST. The reading should start at approximately 5p.

You can listen in at ksdt.ucsd.edu by clicking the play button on the page. Alternatively, you can download the TuneIn application and look up KSDT Radio to listen via phone.

I'll be starting from Volume 1, just as a heads up.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”