Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Skeptic
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

Post by Skeptic »

We also know that Kirito's sword already has "memory" from a comment in book 10. And we ("we" being those of us reading the only the officially published books and not the original web version) don't know how that works yet. Dual-wielding with an imaginary offhand sword and simulating his Aincrad endgame moveset would be a very Kirito-like thing to do, in my opinion.

Or just borrowing Eugeo's blade. He's done that before too (borrowing Leafa's katana)
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Tap »

I didn't read further either, but the memory thing is probably an extra skill that differs according to the origin of the sword.

Like... Frost Scale Whip -> Snake -> Snake-form that's able to move and bend
Blackie -> Hueg Tree -> Ability to grow bigger and change into a 2H sword
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

Sword memory or weapon memory in general is dependent on the wielder of the sword.

...I have the material for this from the Web novel, is it appropriate to spoil it here?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Go ahead and toss it in a spoiler tag, though I guess anyone interested in spoilers would have gotten them from that guy summarising the Chinese translated web edition on AS already.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

Tap wrote:Go ahead and toss it in a spoiler tag, though I guess anyone interested in spoilers would have gotten them from that guy summarising the Chinese translated web edition on AS already.
Right then. For reference, that guy is Flere821. :P

There appear to be two more examples where memories of weapons are concerned:
Spoiler! :
Eugeo's dying request is to be fused into BRS and used against Administrator in the penultimate battle. That fragment of his personality endures even after he's dead, showing up later in the big fight.

Then there is a new type of enemy called Sword Golems; think a cross between The Gleameyes and The Skull Reaper, bones made of swords forming a humanoid shape. Each sword is made from the memories and wishes of a UW resident, and one golem contains anywhere from fifty to hundreds of these 'memory swords'.
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

theUnbreakableSky wrote:
Tap wrote:Go ahead and toss it in a spoiler tag, though I guess anyone interested in spoilers would have gotten them from that guy summarising the Chinese translated web edition on AS already.
Right then. For reference, that guy is Flere821. :P
I would change the content of this spoiler if I were you. People opening it would expect an explanation of the sword's memory, not the content of a MAJOR plot twist being presented in an anti-climatic manner
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

M.A.D wrote:I would change the content of this spoiler if I were you. People opening it would expect an explanation of the sword's memory, not the content of a MAJOR plot twist being presented in an anti-climatic manner
Haha adding more heat to the fire, I'd honor them with more exp on thinking and imagination but remind them it's poison at the same time
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

mythu : always ready for polemic.
:mrgreen:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
carinderyeah

Post by carinderyeah »

hi guys. I'm posting it here since I think this thread fits.
Spoiler! :
A mysterious, warm light which healed Eugeo's and my Lives filled me as that voice spoke. So that wasn't a mere befuddlement in my memories. We were definitely helped out by Alice, taken away to the Axiom Church long, long ago, through some unknown power.
the underlined part seems somewhat incomplete guys. And I don't know what to put in or do anyways. . thanks.

this is in Vol. 11 Ch. 6.
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

Don't see a problem with that line...
Spoiler! :
"A light filled me as that voice spoke"
what about that light: "A light which healed Eugeo's and my Lives".
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

carinderyeah wrote:
Spoiler! :
A mysterious, warm light which healed Eugeo's and my Lives filled me as that voice spoke. So that wasn't a mere befuddlement in my memories. We were definitely helped out by Alice, taken away to the Axiom Church long, long ago, through some unknown power.
As that mysterious voice spoke, a warm light was filling me, healing my Life and Eugeo's.(in this case I find the voice more mysterious than the light)
Does this help? s2 You're welcome.
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
Lery

Post by Lery »

Mhhh, I see your problem.

It's because you see it as "a light which healed my Lives" but it's not the case : it's the lives of both : so you should have underlined "Eugeo's and my Lives" if you had see it like it's intended to. :wink:
And then it's the Light which filled him, as already said.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

probably it will help if you guys say what spoiler is that spoiler box for... something like "web novel spoiler" or "major spoiler" is good enough.

it's confusing where there's too many spoiler box around.
Last edited by gn_x00 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Well, it wouldn't have needed a spoiler box if Carinderyeah hadn't put the latest sentence, but since he did... How would you have categorized it?? That's "Web novel spoiler" ?? I'd say it's "Alicization spoiler".

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

"v10 / v11 spoiler"?
Well, just saying where the text was from would be fine.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”