Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

Post by gn_x00 »

I really hope that we will see how Kirito comes back to school at the end of the story...
2 years (mentally) where he does almost nothing but learn swordsmanship, sacred arts and some other things which I doubt will be used in real life will really mess up Kirito's school life once again :lol:
l.kostas
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by l.kostas »

Volume 12 will be released on April 10th and the title is Alicization Rising:
http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/magaz ... 672300/838

4月の新刊予定(2013年4月10日発売)□
└─────────────────────────┘

◆ソードアート・オンライン12 アリシゼーション・ライジング
著/川原 礫 イラスト/abec
アリスの記憶の謎を解くため、≪塔≫の頂点を目指すキリト。しかし彼の前に、≪シンセ
サイズの秘儀≫により生まれた最強の≪整合騎士≫たちが立ちはだかる――!

From google translate:

(Released April 10, 2013) 4 □ plan new book of the month
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘

Sword Art Online 12 system Alicization Rising
Illustration / abec Kawahara gravel / Author
To solve the mystery of the memory of Alice, Kirito aimed at the vertices of «tower». In front of him, «synth but
We »knight matching« strongest was born by »mysteries of stand size -!
BravoLeader117
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by BravoLeader117 »

Just wondering, is the reason for, for a lack of a better term, the lack of progress on the SAO LN the lack of raws? Or is it because the lack of active listed editors officially on the project? I'm not demanding anything, I'm just wondering.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Nah, I'm just slow at some stuff.
All Nighter94
Kyonist

Post by All Nighter94 »

Hey all, I stopped reading after the 4th volume. I'm thinking of picking SAO back up again. Has are the volumes after 4? :mrgreen:
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

All Nighter94 wrote:Hey all, I stopped reading after the 4th volume. I'm thinking of picking SAO back up again. Has are the volumes after 4? :mrgreen:
So much for grammar nazi lol.

If you liked Fairy Dance, then be warned that volumes 5-6 go in a darker direction. SAO generally gets more serious with characterization and character development as the volumes go on, which I find nice. You might want to read volume 8 afterwards, since it's composed of side stories for Aincrad, Fairy Dance, and GGO arc respectively.

Volume 7 has Asuna as the main character. That's all you'll get out of me.

Volume 9->present is more focused on what Kayaba was trying to make, the implications of Nerve Gear technology, and what comes after that. There're still action scenes, but Kirito is noticeably less all-powerful, which tends to happen when you're a rehabilitating teenager, whether in the real world or virtual world.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
All Nighter94
Kyonist

Post by All Nighter94 »

Cryum wrote:
All Nighter94 wrote:Hey all, I stopped reading after the 4th volume. I'm thinking of picking SAO back up again. Has are the volumes after 4? :mrgreen:
So much for grammar nazi lol.

If you liked Fairy Dance, then be warned that volumes 5-6 go in a darker direction. SAO generally gets more serious with characterization and character development as the volumes go on, which I find nice. You might want to read volume 8 afterwards, since it's composed of side stories for Aincrad, Fairy Dance, and GGO arc respectively.

Volume 7 has Asuna as the main character. That's all you'll get out of me.

Volume 9->present is more focused on what Kayaba was trying to make, the implications of Nerve Gear technology, and what comes after that. There're still action scenes, but Kirito is noticeably less all-powerful, which tends to happen when you're a rehabilitating teenager, whether in the real world or virtual world.
Thank you, Cryum. I noticed the "Has" but i really had to wait almost 24 hours for it to be approved so... I didn't wanna have to wait longer for a response ;3
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

To be honest, I'm a little uneasy with where SAO is going. I feel like it's already given its highest in quality, and the buildup of Alicization won't be resolved in a satisfying way. There's potential in Progressive, but considering that it will be aimed more at anime viewers, I'm not holding much hope. In a way, it's going back to its roots, but the roots that did not make it special for me.

I'm still holding out hope for a movie that will set everything right though.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Cover and summary for volume 12's out.

The strongest integrity knights attack Kirito and Eugeo in the Central Cathedral Tower—!

Eugeo, who finally met once again, the girl he have been chasing since young, Alice. However, that Alice had no trace of her past self—when she was in ≪Rulid village≫. Alice was there to arrest Kirito and Eugeo who broke the Taboo Index.
The girl had none of her childhood memories and named herself as an ≪integrity knight≫.
Kirito and Eugeo were chained in the underground jail of the symbol of the ≪Axiom Church≫, the ≪Central Cathedral≫, but they escaped thanks to Kirito's cleverness. With some assistance from the mysterious young girl, Cardinal, who Kirito saw through as one from the ≪outside≫, the pair now aim for the tower's summit to return Alice to her ≪original self≫!
However, those born as the strongest warriors through the ≪Synthesis Ritual≫ stand before Kirito and Eugeo—!

I wonder who are those two behind.
sh560
Astral Realm

Post by sh560 »

The «Linear» sword skill that had amazed me when we first met, with the stronger and sharper rapier she had obtained, accurately pierced the Kobold guards' throats, their weak point.
I'm not entirely sure how to change this, but the flow of this sentence seems wrong. (This is from the Progressive series part 13 of Rondo that was just posted). I feel like there should be something like "when we first met, along with..." or "paired with..." seems to help it a bit.

Also this part from the same paragraph at the end:
Looking at that pure speed, I doubted that even I, who had been practicing deliberately boosting the sword skill since the beta testing period, could achieve those much acceleration.
Feel like that last part should be "could achieve that much.." or "could achieve as much..."
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

Tap wrote:Cover and summary for volume 12's out.

The strongest integrity knights attack Kirito and Eugeo in the Central Cathedral Tower—!

Eugeo, who finally met once again, the girl he have been chasing since young, Alice. However, that Alice had no trace of her past self—when she was in ≪Rulid village≫. Alice was there to arrest Kirito and Eugeo who broke the Taboo Index.
The girl had none of her childhood memories and named herself as an ≪integrity knight≫.
Kirito and Eugeo were chained in the underground jail of the symbol of the ≪Axiom Church≫, the ≪Central Cathedral≫, but they escaped thanks to Kirito's cleverness. With some assistance from the mysterious young girl, Cardinal, who Kirito saw through as one from the ≪outside≫, the pair now aim for the tower's summit to return Alice to her ≪original self≫!
However, those born as the strongest warriors through the ≪Synthesis Ritual≫ stand before Kirito and Eugeo—!

o.O
another new characters?
So they go up to the tower, and then what? it's end? If it's like that, then most likely those 2 is integrity knight.
But the clothes kinda say otherwise
Sludge
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sludge »

Tap wrote:Cover and summary for volume 12's out.

Also that sword stance is a different than his usual sword style.
Spoiler! :
I'm thinking one of those might be Quinella , can't remember if a description of her appearance was given in the last chapter.

Either way I'm more interested in finding out about the dirty RATH employee :)
Ashisenshu
Astral Realm

Post by Ashisenshu »

I just can't wait until he dual wields <The Black One> and <Blue Rose Sword>!
carinderyeah

Post by carinderyeah »

Ashisenshu wrote:I just can't wait until he dual wields <The Black One> and <Blue Rose Sword>!

Dual Wield? Isn't <Blue Rose Sword> Eugeo's own?

Just found out that SAO releases LN Volumes every 4 months. totally thought that it's taking long to update. .
P.S. Feel free to PM me anything you want, oh, be as random as possible
Irritated beyond endurance, I gripped the table's edge, and prepared to use the technique which had been passed down by my grandfather, namely «Table Flip».
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

lol
as far as we know, we has 2 one handed sword, a swordsman that actually use dual swords.
there's a possibility

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”