Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

KiraSkellington
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

Post by KiraSkellington »

Eternal Dreamer wrote:Well, glad to see we're mostly on the same page then. :D

As for the last part, all I meant was that, because this is a "light" novel, Kawahara can only explain so many details (whether realistic or not) about the virtual realities and how they function, so we can't fault him if some of his explanations lack a little here and there.
And the nice thing about Kawahara is even if he missed some type of explanation he usually will come back to it in a Side story of sorts lol
Moving on to new subject Are there going to be more releases of Rondo? Cause I only read to chapter 9 and its good so far!! As well as has the New SAO book been released in Japan yet? not the Book for More Alicization the redo of Aincrad Arc I believe?
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Eternal Dreamer »

KiraSkellington wrote:And the nice thing about Kawahara is even if he missed some type of explanation he usually will come back to it in a Side story of sorts lol
Moving on to new subject Are there going to be more releases of Rondo? Cause I only read to chapter 9 and its good so far!! As well as has the New SAO book been released in Japan yet? not the Book for More Alicization the redo of Aincrad Arc I believe?
Let me explain: Rondo of the Transient Sword, the one you read, was the original web version, which is currently be translated by Pryun. As for the new SAO book, known as Sword Art Online Progressive, is a series of side stories about how Kirito and the others progressed from floor to floor in Aincard, which was never covered much in the proper SAO series. Rondo is actually one of the side stories in the first Progressive volume, along with Aria in the Starless Night, but it is an edited version that was made for publication, so it has a few changes from the original. No one's translating it, though, until proper text raws can be obtained, so you may have to wait a little while for that.
Darkonus
Astral Realm

Post by Darkonus »

Eternal Dreamer wrote:
KiraSkellington wrote:And the nice thing about Kawahara is even if he missed some type of explanation he usually will come back to it in a Side story of sorts lol
Let me explain: Rondo of the Transient Sword, the one you read, was the original web version, which is currently be translated by Pryun. As for the new SAO book, known as Sword Art Online Progressive, is a series of side stories about how Kirito and the others progressed from floor to floor in Aincard, which was never covered much in the proper SAO series. Rondo is actually one of the side stories in the first Progressive volume, along with Aria in the Starless Night, but it is an edited version that was made for publication, so it has a few changes from the original. No one's translating it, though, until proper text raws can be obtained, so you may have to wait a little while for that.
If they don't plan to translate Rondo and Aria from Progressive, will they do Interlude - Reason for the Whiskers chapter? Or if they plan to do them both will they do Interlude first, since everyone will most likely read the ones already translated.
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Eternal Dreamer »

From what I heard, all of the Progressive chapters will be translated even if the web versions have already been done. (Though who and when is still up in the air.) As for the Interlude, the web version of it has also already been translated, just go to the "ME7: Continuation: Aria in the Starless Night" in the SAO Material Editions side stories. (The author simply gave it a formal name in the Progressive volume, it's the same short story.)
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Darkonus wrote:If they don't plan to translate Rondo and Aria from Progressive, will they do Interlude - Reason for the Whiskers chapter? Or if they plan to do them both will they do Interlude first, since everyone will most likely read the ones already translated.
Who's "they"? BT is anything but organized.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

I translated ME7, and I also plan to adapt it to match the Reason of the Whiskers in SAOP1, but so far, there is no raw for this book yet, so I can do nothing but wait.
Darkonus
Astral Realm

Post by Darkonus »

Eternal Dreamer wrote:From what I heard, all of the Progressive chapters will be translated even if the web versions have already been done. (Though who and when is still up in the air.) As for the Interlude, the web version of it has also already been translated, just go to the "ME7: Continuation: Aria in the Starless Night" in the SAO Material Editions side stories. (The author simply gave it a formal name in the Progressive volume, it's the same short story.)
Thx. Now that I know where everything is I can start reading it.
KiraSkellington
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KiraSkellington »

Eternal Dreamer wrote:
Ahh Alright I see now it makes sense it being the Web Novel version.. I am excited to see it all translated and everything I am patient for that (Not really I want more SAO NAO haha) I just like all the additions that keep coming to this story filling up the blanks we dont know.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ushwood »

BeginnerXP wrote: but so far, there is no raw for this book yet, so I can do nothing but wait.
In case you don't know yet, there are the raws out there ;).
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Ushwood wrote:
BeginnerXP wrote: but so far, there is no raw for this book yet, so I can do nothing but wait.
In case you don't know yet, there are the raws out there ;).
Yeah, Eternal Dreamer kindly sent me the Argo chapter part for me to work on, and a couple days later, a raw of entire book popped up, I translated Afterword from that raw, after all.
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

doesn't seems there's any difference in the "reason for the whiskers" story.
or I just forget some detail in the original
mythu
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by mythu »

Well there are other funny moments, but these seemed the heaviest to me.
I kind of impressed of the names "Urd", "Belldandy" and "Skuld" being in the Caliber side story. I enjoyed it, containing many of familiar memories
I still lol-ed at «Skill Connect» when Kirito made it sound it's just a simple game skill outside the system. Because it isn't an official or recognizable skill, it was named and founded through hardships by Kirito, like a true "beater skill".
I also noticed here Thor mustn't be considered as an ally of human kind, well at least for those 7 + one + one
Spoiler! :
..but the opposite
"Nu huhuhu...... you little bugs can enjoy your triumph now. But let your guard against the æsir down and you'll see painful experience...... Because they are the true..."
let your guard down against the æsir(true threat), they seemed not to care and didn't go for a investigation to Thor's tribe
Spoiler! :
Currently Yui should be flying like a little fairy in the pseudo-3D reflection of the Dicey Café
Or cling close to the virtual Papa haha
Spoiler! :
Facing life&death ++
"I am nothing in the eternity of this world..nor can I do anything in this vastness all by myself"(茜新地花屋散華 2, 26)
"the one to be envied is he who loves, however little he gets in return"(Eric Berne)
superfan
Astral Realm

Post by superfan »

Will the sword art online progressive be translated? until now it is only the intermission.. just curious

[Don't ask when it'll be translated. Thanks. - Misogi]
Last edited by Misogi on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Answer
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

Just go read Aria and Rondo side stories. Everything is almost the same, with minor changes here and there. i believe someone is trying to find the (minor) differences and then compiling it together, but no idea who it is.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

I was going to, till I ran into The Day Before and stuff.
That said, I think Eternal Dreamer's planning to do Aria?

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”