Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sigma
Astral Realm

Re: Sword Art Online LN Discussion.

Post by Sigma »

Tap wrote:Edited version posted on both sides now, anyway.
That's the end of chapter 5 for me... For the light novel edition, at least.
Thanks tap, for all the hard work and time put into this project.
Also I'd be interesting to see how Kirito & Eugeo are gonna escape ;)
Gohankuten
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gohankuten »

Thanks for the translations Tap.
Spoiler! :
Am I right in guessing that Eugeo was a tad late in the web version and the girls had already been penetrated? Since I remember you saying they altered it slightly from the web version. Either way I still guessed the situation correctly and am actually glad to see that one Itsuki die.
Cryum
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

That was a pretty short interlude. I wonder why they didn't leave a pre-recorded message for Kirito explaining the situation. Was it necessary that he lives as if everything isn't a game or otherwise unimportant to his current situation? I suppose treating everything like a game would decrease the rate that his brain recovers, but having no explanation at all feels a little off.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

He got stabbed and rushed for recovery. I don't think there's any time for a prerecorded message.(If they can even record messages or something, These devices aren't exactly computers that we are used to, they are used to house AIs.)
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

I get what you're saying, but with the 2 year time skip, getting to the point where he is now would take most of a full RL day. Once they got him inside the machine, there isn't really much else to do other than let his body recover on its own. If they have time to sit around talking, they could have made a message or even sent someone directly to him(altough at this point in RL, Asuna isn't there yet).

Edit: this is assuming that the rate is at 1000x, which I have doubts about considering this is a damaged brain rather than a healthy and complete one.
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

And it may be difficult to follow him since it's so much accelerated... So even if they send somebody a few moment later, Kirito is already far away, isn't it?
I mean, 5 minutes are already almost 3 days and a half...

Mhhh, I hope it won't begin to have the same inconsistency as Accel World. :x
With all those acceleration rates, etc. :roll:

But until now, it's almost without any inconsistency, so...
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

The procedures for changing the rate of acceleration haven't been stated, only that it can be done. If it takes a couple of precious hours, then it's understandable, but if it's as simple as flicking a few switches, then they can slow it down, ascertain his location, send someone, then dial it back up.

And all of that is easily bypassed if they just send a system message directly to him or his status.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

considering we don't even know the acceleration rate, then most likely it won't cause an easily noticeable mistake
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

gn_x00 wrote:considering we don't even know the acceleration rate, then most likely it won't cause an easily noticeable mistake
They already mentioned that 1000* is the max the human being can handle before they presumably rip their brain/heart to shreds or just go insane from the perceptual strain.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

well that's the max.
we don't really know if it operate at max speed or not right now
Xaliuss
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xaliuss »

Maximum is higher (up to 5000 I remember, but minimum 3000), and at that rate problems occure. 1000 is safe rate chosen for Underworld.
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Accel World runs at 1000 times. And this is the pre-AW tech, so I guess it's the same?
Draeke-Forther
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Draeke-Forther »

I looked at the chapter, and they say there is theoretically no maximum, but they are running into problems if they have it at 1500 times faster.
Xaliuss
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xaliuss »

Xplorer30 wrote:Accel World runs at 1000 times. And this is the pre-AW tech, so I guess it's the same?
The base for acceleration is the same in AW and SAO (quantum connection to brain), so the rules should be the same too. I think developers of "Brain burst" also chose the largest safe rate which is also a round number for convenience..
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

Xaliuss wrote:
Xplorer30 wrote:Accel World runs at 1000 times. And this is the pre-AW tech, so I guess it's the same?
The base for acceleration is the same in AW and SAO (quantum connection to brain), so the rules should be the same too. I think developers of "Brain burst" also chose the largest safe rate which is also a round number for narrative convenience..
Not like there's a reason for it to be any other number after all; This is speculative scifi, the hardness of which will be known in the near future. So far, all the theories in the SAO series seem to hold up pretty well, but in action quite a few are bent a bit in favor of moving the plot forward.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”