Some questions about SOA

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

asqwzx
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Some questions about SOA

Post by asqwzx »

Hello, i currently "just" started to read SOA ( currently at book 5 lol ). Everything was pretty good so far, but i was wondering is there character development in the next books ? Most relationship dev towards kirito are looking stale (if i can say it that way). And i keep reading about a web base novel that is already finished (making vol 11 the last one ?) is there a way to find it translated and are the book following that novel ?

(sorry if some sentence look wrong, rarely write in english)
SXIII
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Some questions about SOA

Post by SXIII »

The web novel was what the author originally wrote and released on his webapge. There are no translations of that one that I know of. The SAO novel you can read here is based on the online version but is improved and expanded. The lenght of the curently released (and translated) volumes is already more than twice the old online version and we can expect at least another 3 or 4 volumes still to come. Aditionally the author decided to do a more floor to floor version of the SAO Aincrad arc (1 volume already released).

About charachter development. Hmm? I'm not quite sure what part you're talking about. There is definetly quite a lot of charachter development, but if you're talking about romantic developments then that is something else entirely and telling you would be a bit spoilerific :wink:
asqwzx
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by asqwzx »

So in later volume (the one about SOA) the author is just remaking the Volume 1 or are they just going back there ?
By character developmental i mean relationship between the main character and other character, he changed a lot in volume 1 but 3-4 (even the sister/cousin thing didn't really go really far and she didn'T really change much from too) not much and 5 look kinda lacking so far in that domain.
SXIII
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

asqwzx wrote:So in later volume (the one about SAO) the author is just remaking the Volume 1 or are they just going back there ?
Its called SAO: Progressive and the story of volume 1 retold in a floor by floor way (something the author said might take decades to finish writing if he really does write it that way :shock: ). For now what was done for the first volume of Progressive is that some of the side stories have been rewritten and some new bits have been added and collected together. A word of notice: the story in Progressive may be somewhat different than the main novels.
asqwzx wrote:By character developmental i mean relationship between the main character and other character, he changed a lot in volume 1 but 3-4 (even the sister/cousin thing didn't really go really far and she didn'T really change much from too) not much and 5 look kinda lacking so far in that domain.
You'll notice some charachter development for the main character and the new character introduced in volume 5 through 6. You have to remember that not much time has passed in these volumes (several months at most) and people usually need some time to change. The MC has a girlfriend that somewhat keeps an eye on him and an AI doughter that does the same sooo not much chance for anything but KiritoxAsuna. The cousin/sister thing is awkward even if there wasn't a girlfriend/daughter combo there.

I suggest you just enjoy the novel and once you finish up, ask any lingering questions not answered in the unread volumes.
asqwzx
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by asqwzx »

SXIII wrote: You'll notice some charachter development for the main character and the new character introduced in volume 5 through 6. You have to remember that not much time has passed in these volumes (several months at most) and people usually need some time to change. The MC has a girlfriend that somewhat keeps an eye on him and an AI doughter that does the same sooo not much chance for anything but KiritoxAsuna. The cousin/sister thing is awkward even if there wasn't a girlfriend/daughter combo there.

I suggest you just enjoy the novel and once you finish up, ask any lingering questions not answered in the unread volumes.
Hey agree the cousin/sister was weird lol but what i meant is he didn't really change from that thing.

Probably won't be long until i am done since i did 1-4 in 4 days lol

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”