Fanfic "authors" stealing B-T translations

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Catsy
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Fanfic "authors" stealing B-T translations

Post by Catsy »

Wasn't quite sure where to put this or who to direct this to, but it's becoming a real problem and I thought you guys ought to know. Over at the SAO fanfic section on FFN we've been seeing people repost the parts of B-T translations as their own work, or use the translations with minor alterations as such. We report it whenever possible, and most of them have been taken down, but there's one pretty blatant theft that hasn't been taken down yet:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8863127/1/K ... roi-Kenshi

All they've really done is reverted names to romanized form, run a spell check, and added and removed bits here and there to go with their premise.

I've done all I can from my end. Good luck in getting this sort of thing dealt with.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Fanfic "authors" stealing B-T translations

Post by Tap »

Well... That's... really pointless, huh.

While I'm personally against people using the translations in this manner (mainly because of how lazy it is), it would be more trouble than it's worth.
It's not like we could do anything against people copy-pasting text, anyway.
Warnings can only go so far.

But still... Ahaha... Aruvuheimu Onrain...
Catsy
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Fanfic "authors" stealing B-T translations

Post by Catsy »

Well, I figured any of you with FFN accounts could report it as well and lend your voices--which may carry a bit more weight coming from the people who actually wrote the translation text. But it's your stuff, so it's your call. :)

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”