The relationship between sword art online and accel world

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors, Alt. Language Translator/Editor

The relationship between sword art online and accel world

Postby siah64 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 am

Spoiler! :
If you read sword art online and accel world then you should know that ac is the future of sao, but apparently there are some hints about the characters and things that are in aw have to do with sao.Here is what I think.
First,Underworld is the archtype of Brain Burst.It is because you can accelerate your thoughts 1000 times in both and also 'incarnate system' have a connection with Kirito's thought of 'Using one’s own power to overcome many thousand people’s worth of imagination may sound really frivolous, but in fact, what would happen?' when he was planting flowers that were not suppose to be able to grow the place he is at, in the end he manage to make the flowers bloom.
Second,Haruyuki is Kirito's son!It might be quite shocking but there are some proof. Kirito once said to Asuna in Chapter 9 ''I think the «Brain ImplantChip» research at Santa Clara University is the real successor of the FullDive technology. The Brain Machine Interface is probably heading toward that direction. I really want to see it, where the next world is born.”Now to back aw, in Chapter 3 and 4.Kuroyukihime tried to find the reason why Noumi Seiji is able to avoid being found on the matching list but is still able to challenge other players. He can up with the conclusion 'BIC' but in order to find more information about it. 'He rapidly passed through the endless number of data folders that existed in his Neuro Linker‟s local memory. Eventually, at an absurdly deep level, a folder with only the title [F] appeared. F was the F for „father‟. There, all the information, no, memories that were connected to his real father, who he hadn‟t gotten in touch with once since he left their family long ago, were stored. There were only a few photographs. Voice files. Text memos. And the data folders related to his father‟s work, which he had duplicated from the home server just before his mother completely erased them all.His father had worked as a business manager in a company related to the backbone of the network. Even if his father had hardly come back to the house and had only stayed at home for an occasional rest, the data of his work spread out wide in Haruyuki‟s vision, and he wasn‟t even looking at the other files there besides that. Having remembered that things like the history of VR device development should have been among the documents his father had left in the server, Haruyuki desperately went through the folder while shaking off the prickling feeling piercing his chest. Finally, he found the target file and opened it. He scrolled with his finger through the string of characters that summarized in chronological format. The first headgear-type VR machine that implemented Full Dive technology was marketed in May 2022. The first generation device of the present Neuro Linker was put on the market in April 2031.' After reading the above passage you might think 'So what, His father had worked as a business manager in a company related the backbone of the network. So it surely he will have information about the BIC.' Correct, but I have few more proofs.One, why was his mother deleting those files?Two, can it really be just a coincidence that Kirito was talking about BIC and Haruyuki's father have information(bear in mind that BIC was banned quickly after it was present so i should be hard to have information about BIC) about it?Two last piece of evidence if you have watched accel world ova 2, you will find out that Haruyuki's memories about his father is very hazy. He can't even remember his father's looks(as if his memories were altered)!We also had never seen his mother's face either which make things very suspicious.
Of course it might be my imagination running wild but if you can find more connections please leave it in the comments. Also, my english is not very good so if there some typos please forgive me.
Last edited by Misogi on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler + Length
User avatar
siah64
Astral Realm
 

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby Misogi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:42 am

I put a spoiler, the message is very long and may contain spoilers.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
User avatar
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
 
Posts: 4119
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:19 am
Location: France

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby martinicc » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am

Actualy I think Kuroyukihime is Kirito's child just because of her incarnate abilities Star Burst Stream and Vorpal strike. Also his family name is Arita not Karigaya or Yuuki. The only way that would happen is that Asuna dies or something allong those lines and Kirito marries another woman in wich case he gets his mother's family name after the divorce.
Also the name of his mother is Saya Arita
martinicc
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:50 am

I feel the urgent need to arrest some of the speculation here.

Siah64:

(You copy-paste tons of text which really hurt to read.)

First,Underworld is the archtype of Brain Burst.It is because you can accelerate your thoughts 1000 times in both and also 'incarnate system' have a connection with Kirito's thought of 'Using one’s own power to overcome many thousand people’s worth of imagination may sound really frivolous, but in fact, what would happen?' when he was planting flowers that were not suppose to be able to grow the place he is at, in the end he manage to make the flowers bloom.


Fundementally, Incarnation in AW is used to unlock powers that have always been waiting to be unlocked. Alicization's Incarnation, if the WEB novel is anything to go by though, is forcefully turning memories into reality, and therefore pseudo-hacking; making the impossible happen. There's a small but significance in the Incarnation thus.

Second,Haruyuki is Kirito's son!It might be quite shocking but there are some proof. Kirito once said to Asuna in Chapter 9 ''I think the «Brain ImplantChip» research ... the next world is born.” Now to back aw, in Chapter 3 and 4. [sr]Kuroyukihime[/sr] Haruyuki tried to find the reason why Noumi Seiji is able to avoid being found on the matching list but is still able to challenge other players. He can up with the conclusion 'BIC' but in order to find more information about it. 'He rapidly passed through the endless number of data folders ...put on the market in April 2031.'

After reading the above passage you might think "So what, His father had worked as a business manager in a company related the backbone of the network. So it surely he will have information about the BIC." Correct, but I have few more proofs.One, why was his mother deleting those files?Two, can it really be just a coincidence that Kirito was talking about BIC and Haruyuki's father have information(bear in mind that BIC was banned quickly after it was present so i should be hard to have information about BIC) about it?


You got the order wrong: Haruyuki started out wondering if there was another VR machine that predecessed the Neuro Linker, and by digging through his dad's files, he came up with the BIC.

You assume it should be hard to come up with information about the BIC because it was banned quickly. I quote V3:

It was developed and marketed in 2029. However, its use was forbidden within this country only a few years later.

Inevitably, cases where parents made their test-taking children implant the BIC in them occurred frequently throughout the whole country, and moreover it reached the point where the same thing occurred in bar examinations and national examinations for the licenses of government officials as well, and so the government had no choice but to make laws about the manufacture and use of BICs.


Plenty of information around, isn't there? I find it interesting you chose to copy and paste the only translation preceding these parts. And most importantly, that the term 'BIC' shows up in both SAO and AW does not, in my book, constitute solid enough proof that AW and SAO and are intimately connected as you think they are. It is as though you're saying, because Ifrit shows up in every Final Fantasy game as a summon/familiar/aeon/monster, they are all connected. You're making a mountain out of a molehill about file deletion as well - she could have just been erasing them to save space, and obviously the least relevant files to housekeeping go first.

Two last piece of evidence if you have watched accel world ova 2, you will find out that Haruyuki's memories about his father is very hazy. He can't even remember his father's looks(as if his memories were altered)!We also had never seen his mother's face either which make things very suspicious.


Haruyuki's father 'disappeared', if you think he did so, at a very tender age. To turn the question on you: do you remember your childhood years in perfect clarity? Recollections in anime are to be taken with a pinch (or a bucket) of salt, because their clarity, or lack of, is just to highlight the MC's thoughts. Jumping to the conclusion that his memories were altered isn't helping either. Never seen his mother's face? She simply didn't have a large enough role in both the LNs and anime to be given a proper description.

Story-wise, V11 suggests that particularly deep traumas give birth to metal-colour avatars rather than chromatic colour avatars. It's less of a stretch to believe that the trauma of losing his dad at a young age was too harsh on the young Haruyuki, than it is to speculate that his memories were altered. When multiple explanations exist, the simplest is usually correct.

Onto the next poster.

Martinicc

Actualy I think Kuroyukihime is Kirito's child just because of her incarnate abilities Star Burst Stream and Vorpal strike.


If you think anyone could be Kirito's child, the best candidate is in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
From the Blu-ray side story Black Twin Swords, Twin Silver Wings, possibly non-canon in nature. Gist is, Starbust Stream was taught to her by the dual-wielding sword avatar Graphite Edge. His helmet is said to be the appearance of a NerveGear too.


There is simply not enough information on how she learnt Vorpal Strike to assume she was taught the skill by Kirito.

Also his family name is Arita not Karigaya or Yuuki. The only way that would happen is that Asuna dies or something allong those lines and Kirito marries another woman in wich case he gets his mother's family name after the divorce.
Also the name of his mother is Saya Arita


In one shot, I'd like to disagree that either of them are offspring from Kazuto and Asuna. To quote the author from an interview at Sakura-con 2013:

From Sakura Con, Q06: Is Kuroyukihime Kirito’s daughter?

KAWAHARA: There seems to be some conjecture that such a thing could be possible. However, it’s already said that Kuroyukihime’s family was not a happy one. If she was Asuna and Kirito’s daughter, in the twenty years between the time settings, they had a really bad falling out in their relationship. I hope she is not the daughter of Kirito and Asuna.


So there, he himself has said he is less inclined (if not against) writing in Kuroyukihime into the Kirigaya family tree. I blame shippers for coming up with this tree to begin with.
User avatar
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby martinicc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 am

I would put my money the Kirito is in fact Graphite Edge first trait was his attitude towards his legion members wich is like a pearson way older than them. Also the way he treats Kuroyukihime is about the same way Kirito treats his friends from other games with that teasing attitude. And finaly the way he talked about the pencil like he knew from a first hand experience what it was while the rest of them were wondering what a pencil was exept Curent but she described it based on general knolledge and hasn't actualy seen one. Probably the pencil talk made his aparent age with Kirito being born 2008 when pencils still exist :D .
martinicc
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm

...

Leaving aside the obvious disparity between the maximum age of a Burst Linker and Kirito's age in 2047, why would Kirito be Graphite Edge? We certainly don't see him calling his friends nicknames. And as for his dual sword style, defending against Lotus like described in SS01 is a little out of character; taking up both swords, in Kirito's mind, is only for the purpose of an all-out attack (vs The Gleameyes, vs The Skull Reaper, vs Heathcliff, vs General Eugene). He wouldn't really be using two swords to defend.

And for the love of God, clean up your English, if I may ask. -.- damn shippers.
User avatar
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby Rage_Ender » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Can kazuto be the creator of BrainBurst?
dun dun dun..>!!!!!!<
User avatar
Rage_Ender
Sailor Tsuki
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:59 pm
Location: ......

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby martinicc » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 pm

theUnbreakableSky wrote:...

Leaving aside the obvious disparity between the maximum age of a Burst Linker and Kirito's age in 2047, why would Kirito be Graphite Edge? We certainly don't see him calling his friends nicknames. And as for his dual sword style, defending against Lotus like described in SS01 is a little out of character; taking up both swords, in Kirito's mind, is only for the purpose of an all-out attack (vs The Gleameyes, vs The Skull Reaper, vs Heathcliff, vs General Eugene). He wouldn't really be using two swords to defend.

And for the love of God, clean up your English, if I may ask. -.- damn shippers.


True when it comes to fighting style Graphite Edge and Kirito are a bit diffrent. Even if he did want to hold back I don't think BB is a game that let's you do that. People are able to unleash their full potential and holding it back means you are shooting yourself in the foot. The age maximum probably wouldn't stop him since he already had his thoughs accelerated in UW wich could have turned into a loophole and BB has a lot of those. And Graph's lack of desire to get to level 10 seems to me like he has had it enough with clearing games wich would be the origin of his avatar. Graphite with diamond hard swords could symbolise a veteran shaped and hardened by many experiences. His desire to be a front line player must have died out and turned him into a defender and teacher who will train the young and leave it in their hands. The way Graph acts way older than them even though this is a game that can only be played by children of similar age age is a bit too suspicious.
martinicc
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Rage_Ender wrote:Can kazuto be the creator of BrainBurst?
No proof at the moment.

martinicc wrote:Even if he did want to hold back I don't think BB is a game that let's you do that. People are able to unleash their full potential and holding it back means you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Holding back doesn't mean compromising your defense or ability to fight back. If you went all out in a boxing match, for example, by the time your energy is spent and you're tired, that's the most dangerous time because your opponent can now come at you full blast. Holding back can be a strategy, not a lack of desire to fight each other to the death.

martinicc wrote:The age maximum probably wouldn't stop him since he already had his thoughs accelerated in UW wich could have turned into a loophole and BB has a lot of those.

The age maximum comes from the requirement to have worn the Neuro Linker since birth, or you can't install the program. Leaving aside the wilder theories for the moment, it is technically impossible for anyone older than fifteen to play BB in 2049.

And you say BB has loopholes? Where?

martinicc wrote:And Graph's lack of desire to get to level 10 seems to me like he has had it enough with clearing games wich would be the origin of his avatar.

This was explained already: once the Sudden Death rule was introduced, trading one more Levelup bonus for a one-hit KO risk makes very little sense. At Level 8, GE wanted to wait till he had a buffer of points first, but the introduction of that rule made the climb to 9 worthless, thus he remained at 8.

martinicc wrote:Graphite with diamond hard swords could symbolise a veteran shaped and hardened by many experiences.

This is going into speculation territory, which I'll counter with mine.
Spoiler! :
Enhanced Armament "Twin Swords", made from Hyper Diamond, with a graphite body that is easily broken. If he's all about dual-wielding swordsmanship and nothing else, then I speculate that his wish is "I have to be a nitouryuu, or I am nothing."


martinicc wrote:His desire to be a front line player must have died out and turned him into a defender and teacher who will train the young and leave it in their hands. The way Graph acts way older than them even though this is a game that can only be played by children of similar age age is a bit too suspicious.

Oh, now you're just being silly. You're assuming they're the same from the start and matching GE to that conclusion. That GE acts like a sensei to them doesn't necessarily mean he is old enough to have the experience to teach them like that.
User avatar
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby ThaGoodGuy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:10 pm

So assuming it is possible that an older person is able to get in, maybe Kirito taught someone (say, Klein) who in turn taught the moves?

I know this sounds desperate but I AM desperate.
User avatar
ThaGoodGuy
Astral Realm
 

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:31 am

Even if I held your assumption to be true, for what reason would Kirito and Klein enter AW at all? I think even you can't think of a logical reason either.
User avatar
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby martinicc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Kirito has a reason to enter AW because children are messing with acceleration technology that is yet to go mainstream. Considering that it ages the user's brain finding out who is the creator and stopping him is his prority. Once someone hits the brain age of 150 he will die so soon AW will have a case were Burst likers start dying for an unknown reason.
martinicc
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby theUnbreakableSky » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

Begging your pardon, but the 150-year limit is simply due to the physical limit of the Ocean Turtle's lightcubes to store memories. A larger LCube would mean more capacity and thus longer lifetime. By the time of the Neuro Linker, capacity shouldn't be an issue anymore. Next reason please.

Also not that in the seven years of Brain Burst playtime, there have been no deaths directly resulting from playing Brain Burst.
User avatar
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby Tap » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm

No, the 150 years limit from SAO is the a limitation on the fluct light.
It affects natural humans as well (in theory, no one actually tried it out yet).

So no one's going to get over 150 nicely unless they managed to implant an enhanced artificial fluct light, or evolve their own.

That said, it doesn't cause death, just something similar to schizophrenia.
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The relationship between sword art online and accel worl

Postby martinicc » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:52 pm

I don't think anyone in AW has passed even 20 years due to the fact that a normal burst lasts 30 minutes and people prefer to not stay in the Unimited Neural Field for no longer than a few months because of its effects. It's apparent that BB affects the brain somehow but to what extent? Will be odd if an adult hasn't sneaked in by confusing the system. The requirements for Brain Burst to be installed since birth is as far as I know because only children who have bonded perfectly with the Neurolinker are able to use it. Because Kirito has had his brain accelerated already that might have tricked BB into letting him in even if he is an adult. Even if kid's don't want to tell anyone about this program it's odd how no one has caugh wind of this.
martinicc
Literature Club Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:25 pm

Next

Return to Sword Art Online & Accel World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron