Sword Art Online (SAO)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Darkavishay
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Sword Art Online (SAO)

Post by Darkavishay »

Hello,
I've been lurking these forums for quite awhile, and only today have I finally mustered the courage to create an account!
I've noticed that the SAO .PDF LNs translations are gone and I want to know why because it was always there (I do not know Japanese, sadly) and I took the liberty to take advantage of the compilations.
I wish to know the reason why all the download links have been removed.
Furthermore, I have no idea the amount of LNs there currently are.
My second desire on these forums is to ask how many LNs will SAO have (total), and how many are released in Japanese already (current number of the total)!
Thank you so much,
Darkavishay
PS: Luckily I had downloaded all 12 files before I started reading the series *phew*
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online (SAO)

Post by KuroiHikari »

The main reason is on the wiki page itself: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... Art_Online

And as that page is locked, it isn't the most updated on the isbn section, so for the novels released or to be released, you'll have to refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_ ... ght_novels
Darkavishay
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darkavishay »

Oh! I totally forgot about wikipedia. Silly me.
So from now on, bakatsuki will not update SAO LN releases?
If that's so, do we have to wait a few years for YEN Press to translate v13 or do other people still translate the novel despite YEN Press' copyright claims?
Thank you again :)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

You either wait a few years, or you learn Japanese/any Asian language in which it is being translated faster. :mrgreen:

Well, there may be people who translate it regardless of it being licensed. But you can be pretty sure that you won't read anything about it here. It'd be surprised if we take it offline and abandon it but support everyone with information on how to get it anyway. So you better not ask, or Misogi's wrath is sure to be yours.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Darkavishay
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darkavishay »

Thank you very much for this :).
For clarification purposes, so far only 13 volumes have been released and only 12 have been translated by bakatsuki and will not translate anymore volumes from SAO.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”