Epilogue - Help with name of movie

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Epilogue - Help with name of movie

Post by Kinny Riddle »

Oh yeah, remember that midnight movie that supposely gave Haruhi the idea of making our own film? After some research, I discovered that it didn't win the Golden Globe Award. It was a black and white promotional movie which was shown in the Cannes Film Festival called "Only". She must've been crazy to think this film would win any award. To confirm this, I even rented the film. It turned out that I fell asleep within the first half hour. So I have no idea whether the content is fun or boring. I think I'll attempt it again before I return it.
"Only" is just a tentative translation, can anyone identify the name of the movie Kyon mentioned? What was the name in Japanese? If it's katakana, it could make the search through the Cannes Film Festival roster much easier.
velocity7
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by velocity7 »

It's called 「だけ」 by Kyon, and that's all he's called it.
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

The official Cannes Film Festival site is here.

I searched for "Only" and got "The Only Forgotten Take Of Casablanca", directed by a Charly Webber from Germany.

I searched for "Dake" and "だけ" and both times there were no matches.

The IMDb has info about a film called "Only" directed by a Thomas Müller (also from Germany), although this movie is only five minutes long—far too short to be the half-hour-plus movie that Kyon's talking about.

That's all I could find. Hope that helps!

SubFive, out.

Return to “Volume 2 - The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第二巻: 涼宮ハルヒの溜息”