[Ch 2]

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

[Ch 2]

Post by Vaelis »

The summer heat has now been indefinitely extended, and unless someone comes and hits a home run, it's unlikely this will end soon.
夏の暑さは無限の延長戦に入ったみたいにせっせと続き、誰かがサヨナラ打を打たない限り収まりそうもなかった。
-> The summer heat has now been indefinitely extended as if we had entered infinite extra-innings, and unless someone comes and hits a home run, it's unlikely this will end soon.

I would understand if we were headed for the Computer Study Group since, after all, we're a mysterious club that has existed for six months without anyone even knowing what the founding principle is. Being driven out would be a logical end for us.
Gniii??

高校の文化祭用自主映画に制作費を拠出してくれるようなスポンサーなんかいるとも思えない。映研ならまだしも、俺たちは何のために集まっているのか半年経ってもまだ誰にも解らない零細謎団体なのだ。門前払いが相応だ。
-> There doesn't even seem to be a sponsor for the production cost of an independent movie at a cultural festival in high school. After all, we're a mysterious club that has existed for six months without anyone even knowing what the founding principle is. Being driven out would be a logical end for us.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Re: [Ch 2]

Post by shichinanatsu »

and this would mean??
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Ch 2 -> It's about Chapter 2!
Sentences in quote -> That's sentences in Chapter 2!
The japanese sentences -> That's the sentences in japanese!
Sentences after the arrows -> That's what I think the translation should be.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Vaelis,I find your suggestions kind of hard to chew on,especially the first.But I can't read japanese,so go ahead. ^_^
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

fiendmaw wrote:Vaelis,I find your suggestions kind of hard to chew on,especially the first.But I can't read japanese,so go ahead. ^_^
For the first it's a reference to baseball's extra-innings. The "home run" part doesn't make any sense if it's removed.
It's a "home run" to end the "infinite extra-innings".

For the second it's just to show that the japanese sentence is completely different. I'm not confident at all in the translation.

I leave to real japanese translators and english editors the checking/reformulation of these sentences.

Return to “Volume 2 - The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第二巻: 涼宮ハルヒの溜息”