Mokushiroku Arisu (Apocalypse Alice) General Discussion

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Mokushiroku Arisu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
1%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 120

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mokushiroku Arisu (Apocalypse Alice)

Post by larethian »

lostotaku wrote:interesting series, I am really like the mc of this one :). I have not read any other works by this author but it has got me curious
larethian wrote:Only browsed through v2. Got to sleep as I need to wake up early tomorrow. Bat-shit crazy things already happening in volume 2! Can't wait to read this volume properly for crying out loud!

V2 Pre-spoiler (please do not reply without spoiler tags if discussing spoiler):
Spoiler! :
Gunjou got the Labyrinth disease in v2!! And she's rank 42! Man, things are moving fast!
Kiri stabs Shinnosuke in the chest from behind towards the end of volume, despite the fact that it was Shinnosuke who asked Kiri for help to raid Gunjou-labyrinth. And time limit goes up. Last line: Gunjou starts turning into an Eternal Labyrinth!!
Spoiler! :
... wow this series seems like it might run out of material fast. either way cant wait :)
Running out of material fast? He wants this series to be bigger than Denyuuden haha.
lostotaku
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by lostotaku »

larethian wrote: Running out of material fast? He wants this series to be bigger than Denyuuden haha.
...me unsure of what this "Denyuuden" is, looks at project page - Jaw drops... :shock:

um ok, full steam ahead then ? :P
Light novel better then Manga better then Anime
thats how it generally goes, but there always an exception
Mors
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mors »

The first volume was awesome!... I hadn't noticed the author initially, but when I did, I thought no wonder - Denyuuden is, like, my favourite LN of all time.

Read the spoiler for v2 and... I wish I hadn't. Wtf is author trying to do, I can't even imagine lol. :shock:

Bet it's gonna be awesome.
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by elkin »

EDIT: also, genuinely curious to know what some of the curses read like in Japanese... any chance you could put up one or two?

Just noticed that this piece of dialogue is meant to rhyme, maybe could make a minor tweak? Made it so both lines have the same no of syllables as well.
Spoiler! :
Original
"...... Ha-ha, reveling in their youth, fools aren't they?"

Suggestion
"...... Ha-ha, reveling in their youth, what fools, ain't that the truth?"
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

elkin wrote:EDIT: also, genuinely curious to know what some of the curses read like in Japanese... any chance you could put up one or two?

Just noticed that this piece of dialogue is meant to rhyme, maybe could make a minor tweak? Made it so both lines have the same no of syllables as well.
Spoiler! :
Original

Suggestion
The source does not exactly rhyme. TBH, I don't even get why he uses the word 'rhyme'. But your suggestion sounds good, so I'll take it thanks :)
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by elkin »

larethian wrote:
elkin wrote:EDIT: also, genuinely curious to know what some of the curses read like in Japanese... any chance you could put up one or two?

Spoiler! :
Original

Suggestion
The source does not exactly rhyme. TBH, I don't even get why he uses the word 'rhyme'. But your suggestion sounds good, so I'll take it thanks :)
Lol I see, well, glad you liked it.

(You've made me feel like translating again...)
Reaper_Phoenix
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Campione!

Post by Reaper_Phoenix »

It was great. The moral dilemma of killing one innocent to save many and those that are profiteering on the situation. The characters were also interesting. I hope this LN would continue to be translated.
Disciple: When our brains often make up what we see, hear and feel, does that mean this world is an illusion?
Master: (Takes out a wicked looking staff) If I hit you with this, will it be an illusion?
li_er
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Mokushiroku Arisu (Apocalypse Alice) General Discussion

Post by li_er »

O_O!!
This is so great.
Shinnosuke's personality is so nice and the story is interesting.
Especially towards the end. It's so great~~!!!
And Yayoi-chan is so cute~ *___*

Thanks a lot for translating this, Larethian!!! :D
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

Spoiler! :
Yeah, well, I kind of expected this to happen considering that this is the same author as the one who wrote the Kuro Usagi series, though I might have been a bit surprised (by the way I also considered his magic failing and her falling into comma or something like that quite a valid possibility, though it might also happen in the future). Anyway, do you mean by running out of matter that all the characters will die? :D

Anyway, is this just my opinin or does this writer really like seriously depressing situations full of despair?
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

project approved by Oni
Murtadha Qahtan
Kyonist

Post by Murtadha Qahtan »

i had planned to read this novel later
but i couldn't control my self after reading others opinion about it
so ..... yah i finished it
it's amazing
thanks for translating it
ZzZzZzZzZzZ
DarknessMetal08
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DarknessMetal08 »

This was a great read when I get the chance I have to read some of the other works by the author. I can't wait to see where the author takes this. Thanks for translating it.
estuardo1188
Kyonist

Post by estuardo1188 »

lostotaku wrote:interesting series, I am really like the mc of this one :). I have not read any other works by this author but it has got me curious
larethian wrote:Only browsed through v2. Got to sleep as I need to wake up early tomorrow. Bat-shit crazy things already happening in volume 2! Can't wait to read this volume properly for crying out loud!

V2 Pre-spoiler (please do not reply without spoiler tags if discussing spoiler):
Spoiler! :
Gunjou got the Labyrinth disease in v2!! And she's rank 42! Man, things are moving fast!
Kiri stabs Shinnosuke in the chest from behind towards the end of volume, despite the fact that it was Shinnosuke who asked Kiri for help to raid Gunjou-labyrinth. And time limit goes up. Last line: Gunjou starts turning into an Eternal Labyrinth!!
Spoiler! :
... wow this series seems like it might run out of material fast. either way cant wait :)
WOW... this is really amazing!!
I think this series is not gonna end so soon, but the end will be near when they raid the Apocalypse labyrinth (obviously cause the title of the novel :mrgreen: )... at least is how I imagine things going on.
I hope the author gets and sets more crazy ideas... :lol: haha At least for us that sure will be great!

And yeah... cant wait!
Zuruumi
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zuruumi »

No, well considering this author it is quite possible that in the moment when everybody expects the series to end the "Alice" dissapears and we are back (even a bit before) the starting line, than main hero and the couple of still surviving teammates (most got heavily damaged in their futil fight in Alice´s Maze) are gonna look for her :). Or something even more warped. He appears to like dark twists.
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

English manga chapter 1 released

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”