Owari no Seraph (LN) Discussion - with spoilers

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading "Owari no Seraph - Ichinose Glen, a 16 year old's Catastrophe"?

It was good! Please do more!
100%
It was interesting.
No votes
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 11

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Owari no Seraph (LN) Discussion - with spoilers

Post by larethian »

Synopsis:
Those screeches are annoying. I'll crush them all!
"Hey Glen. We'll still be together even after becoming adults right......?" It was the last spring before the world got destroyed, when the surface got controlled by the vampires. The school that the 15-year old Ichinose Glen enrolled in was a sorcerer-nurturing school in Shibuya. It was filled with elite girls from famous lineages in the sorcery world. Even when he was full of aspirations, Glen, who was born of a lowly branch family of his clan, spent his days being ridiculed as trash. However, in the midst of all that, appeared a girl whom he had made a promise to a long time ago, a classmate who called herself his fiancee. In a world that was getting destroyed, the young man sought power, and so did the girl.

By: Kagami Takaya (author of Denyuuden, Itsuten, and Mokushiroku Alice) & Yamamoto Yamato (illustrator of Owari no Seraph manga as well as Kure-nai)

Novel Illustrations:
Spoiler! :
This is the prequel to the manga. Enjoy.

EDIT:
As BT will not be hosting any translations for this title due to its licensed status, this thread will be used for discussing summaries and spoilers (as there's no point in having a thread to discuss translated content anymore). No spoiler tags are needed. If you want to read licensed version without getting spoiled or the latest raw volume without getting spoiled, you are advised to avoid this thread.

====================================

SUMMARY LINKS:
V1: http://pastebin.com/MRw6yhTY
V2: http://pastebin.com/6hAVx2qV
adi_glenn
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Owari no Seraph (LN) General Discussion

Post by adi_glenn »

I miss this kind of story plot, series today are full of fan service. Thanks for translating
Rachel3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rachel3 »

Your translation is really good, please keep going! The light novel is much more interesting than the manga, and I believe it will get more popular after the anime arrives. So please, don't give up :)
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

This is licensed so its going to be dropped. Just waiting for someone to start deleting it. I can give spoilers though.
Rachel3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rachel3 »

That's a shame :( I don't want spoilers though, I guess I'll have to wait for the ebook ot whatever... I won't be able to get it in my country otherwise :/

There will be the ebook, right? :o
Rakesh
Astral Realm

Post by Rakesh »

Since it is lisenced will it be translated somewhere else, like in a blog or something and even if it is lisenced the page is not freezed and there is something like grace period right?, So can you finish translating as many chapters as you can?
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

There will be the ebook, right? :o
I can't tell you, I'm not used to Vertical Inc's work. Sorry.
Since it is lisenced will it be translated somewhere else, like in a blog or something and even if it is lisenced the page is not freezed and there is something like grace period right?, So can you finish translating as many chapters as you can?
We don't know if it will be illegally translated, neither where it will be. It is against Baka-Tsuki's rules to start translating new chapters when the series has been licensed so you won't find those here. As for the "grace period", that's already something that we are still keeping all the chapters available two months after the licensing announcement. It will change soon* by the way, so do what you've gotta do now... :roll:

* at the very last on the next 1st September, according to https://twitter.com/animemiz/status/566 ... 84/photo/1.

See also: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... ent_Policy
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Rakesh
Astral Realm

Post by Rakesh »

If translation is not possible then how about detailed summaries for each chapter?
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

Good question, I don't know if it is allowed on Baka-Tsuki.
But sometimes, you can find summaries on wikia pages, so maybe there will be what you're looking for there in the future: http://owarinoseraph.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Novel.

Sorry, I couldn't help you.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I dont know, I actually find the wikia to be mostly inaccurate and I have to step in to correct them.
I am planning to do summaries. But not sure when.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Owari no Seraph (LN) Discussion - with spoilers

Post by larethian »

As BT will not be hosting any translations for this title due to its licensed status, this thread will be used for discussing summaries and spoilers (as there's no point in having a thread to discuss translated content anymore). No spoiler tags are needed. If you want to read licensed version without getting spoiled or the latest raw volume without getting spoiled, you are advised to avoid this thread.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Owari no Seraph (LN) Discussion - with spoilers

Post by larethian »

Summary links updated in opening post.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”