Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 473

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

Post by Cthaeh »

oraoraora wrote:Does anyone know where i can download epubs or pdfs for ddyd so i can read it on my kobo? the BTE gen has 1-3, and i think i saw 4 on the discussion forums but after that i dont know where to look.
You should look in this subforum and in viewforum.php?f=73, but if it's not anywhere in there then it probably doesn't exist.
Seventhsun wrote:but the next available chapter seems to be Chapter 3 of Volume 11? Can someone tell me if I'm just doing it wrong or are the chapters in between really not translated.
Those middle chapters are not translated to the best of my knowledge. If I had to guess, I'd say the reason isolated chapters are translated is because one of the multiple translators that have worked on it over the years thought that was an important chapter, or was just personally interested in translating that one.
Seventhsun
Astral Realm

Post by Seventhsun »

Thank you for the explanation. May I ask where I can find the current status of the translation?
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Acperience wrote:
Waru wrote: I don't really mind that it has not been translated but by the way you said this I assume it will eventually be translated? If baka tsuki wont translate this one chapter in volume 6 is there any other location I can get my hands on it or is asking that taboo/breaking some kind of rule? If it is currently being translated then of course I can patiently wait, but if not why should I wait for an undefined period until I decide to continue on to DDYD? I would like to finish the first series before continuing on to the second, so skipping a chapter isn't really an option for me. That being said, I want to read through as fast as possible and reach DDYD, so this one chapter in volume 6 is really throwing me off. Also, just in case anyone tells me to 'just watch the anime,' I understand it is only one chapter but after reading the previous volumes I have come to understand the novel holds a lot more information over the anime. It could be said that solely getting information from the anime is really a waste.
If baka-tsuki isn't willing to translate this one chapter then I hope someone could point me in the right direction.
Edit: fixed quote
The reason that chapter hasn't been translated yet, I assume, is because there's another user registered for it. Given that they've been registered for it for a long time now, I don't know if they have any intention on ever doing it, but the fact of the matter remains that no one else can just take over the chapter without permission, so it's up to Akirina (who otherwise translated most of Vol. 6) if they want to jump through those hoops. I can't guarantee if/when the chapter will be translated, because I don't know.

I don't know if any other place has translated it; I highly doubt it, since people aren't exactly tripping over themselves to help with this series.
Regarding Volume 6 Chapter 1, since the user who registered for it in 2011 has not left any link to contact them about this issue and it has been 4 years since they registered for this chapter, I will then be taking over the translation of the chapter, if there are no issues with the others...
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
sion211
Astral Realm

Post by sion211 »

can someone actually post pdf/epub of all translated volume? especially vol 6. BT gen is really lacking
Deadgye
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Deadgye »

Really looking forward to the last few chapters of DYD finally being translated. When I saw that the middle chapters were finally done I was really happy, as I've literally been waiting years to read this. I've always been disheartened that it was the last two volumes that went to the longest without a TL, because the difference between the LN and the anime for the last 4 episodes is by far the largest. For example, comparing Ferris's scuffle against Lieral, the anime version just pales in comparison to the LN. And with a story/plot as deep and grand as this, the extra information available from inner monologues and descriptions are incredibly helpful.

Please keep it up Akirina. <3 I know I can't be the only one who has put off reading DDYD for years because we wanted to read DYD first.
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

sion211 wrote:can someone actually post pdf/epub of all translated volume? especially vol 6. BT gen is really lacking
Full text of vol 6 would also be appreciated.
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Acperience
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Acperience »

Seventhsun wrote:Thank you for the explanation. May I ask where I can find the current status of the translation?
Speaking as the person who translated DDYD Vol. 11 Ch. 3, the reason given above would be half of it--that chapter is one of my favourites. Also, as I already had most of it roughly translated from before I signed up as a translator, fully translating it was easier than working on another chapter from scratch. I felt guilty because I hadn't translated anything besides OKYD Vol. 3 Prologue for a long time, so I wanted to get something out. Furthermore, Akirina is the one working on most of DDYD Vol. 10, hence why I started working on Vol. 11 (midway, since Akirina is also registered on Vol. 11 Prologue--I don't know if you intend to do the first few chapters, Akirina?).

Honestly speaking (though my motivation for translating overall has been pretty low lately, hence why there hasn't been much on my side for months), the later volumes of DDYD are some of my favourites, hence why I started on them. If everyone really has no interest in reading them yet, though, I'll finish up Vol. 11 Ch. 4, as I have most of it done anyway, and focus on OKYD instead.
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Deadgye wrote:Really looking forward to the last few chapters of DYD finally being translated. When I saw that the middle chapters were finally done I was really happy, as I've literally been waiting years to read this. I've always been disheartened that it was the last two volumes that went to the longest without a TL, because the difference between the LN and the anime for the last 4 episodes is by far the largest. For example, comparing Ferris's scuffle against Lieral, the anime version just pales in comparison to the LN. And with a story/plot as deep and grand as this, the extra information available from inner monologues and descriptions are incredibly helpful.

Please keep it up Akirina. <3 I know I can't be the only one who has put off reading DDYD for years because we wanted to read DYD first.
Thank you for your encouragement! I have been telling myself that I should try to finish up the last few chapters of DYD since it was the vacation period for me... but work and school got in the way T-T
But DYD is finally down to the last two volumes! :D I will try to finish up the last few chapters as soon as possible... And forgive me for my poor English. :oops:
Acperience wrote: Speaking as the person who translated DDYD Vol. 11 Ch. 3, the reason given above would be half of it--that chapter is one of my favourites. Also, as I already had most of it roughly translated from before I signed up as a translator, fully translating it was easier than working on another chapter from scratch. I felt guilty because I hadn't translated anything besides OKYD Vol. 3 Prologue for a long time, so I wanted to get something out. Furthermore, Akirina is the one working on most of DDYD Vol. 10, hence why I started working on Vol. 11 (midway, since Akirina is also registered on Vol. 11 Prologue--I don't know if you intend to do the first few chapters, Akirina?).

Honestly speaking (though my motivation for translating overall has been pretty low lately, hence why there hasn't been much on my side for months), the later volumes of DDYD are some of my favourites, hence why I started on them. If everyone really has no interest in reading them yet, though, I'll finish up Vol. 11 Ch. 4, as I have most of it done anyway, and focus on OKYD instead.
If you ask me whether I intend to do the first few chapters of Vol. 11, I won't be able to give a definite answer... For me, as long as there is an empty slot and no other translator has registered for the chapter, I will take it up. Also, I'm focusing more on DYD at the moment, so DDYD will come after I have finished up with DYD... I guess it's up to you whether you want to focus more on OKYD or DDYD. I had a similar dilemma on whether I should first translate DYD or DDYD when I first took this up, but after taking into consideration that DYD was already completed and leaving it untranslated bothered me, I decided to continue with translating DYD.
azpekt
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by azpekt »

Hello! I've finished watching the anime so next was reading the novel, and i've read about that it would be good to start at vol.7, and i got a question if the pdf's/mobi/epubs in the baka-tsuki page are all updated and good/active or if there are treads in forum dedicated to pdf/epub/mobi ddls? thanks
I eat silver swords for breakfast >:<
antonnn
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by antonnn »

Just curious if Germer, the Last Lesson (Legendary Heroes' Legend as in itself) will be completed any time soon? It's been on 50% for a while, I just started DYD from the start since I saw you guys have almost finished translating it(AWESOME!! thanks for the good work on that, I didn't reread it earlier since when I finished the anime it was probably half completed at best) and am just curious if that story will be done, since I don't want to read it unless it's completed(I'm doing the whole recommended reading order thing, despite the fact that only those short side stories are the one's currently translated, hehe). Not trying to rush anyone tbh, just genuine curiosity! Those legendary heroes' legend side stories are hilarious, can't wait to read them all if you get around to translating them! xD
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

antonnn wrote:Just curious if Germer, the Last Lesson (Legendary Heroes' Legend as in itself) will be completed any time soon? It's been on 50% for a while, I just started DYD from the start since I saw you guys have almost finished translating it(AWESOME!! thanks for the good work on that, I didn't reread it earlier since when I finished the anime it was probably half completed at best) and am just curious if that story will be done, since I don't want to read it unless it's completed(I'm doing the whole recommended reading order thing, despite the fact that only those short side stories are the one's currently translated, hehe). Not trying to rush anyone tbh, just genuine curiosity! Those legendary heroes' legend side stories are hilarious, can't wait to read them all if you get around to translating them! xD
Well, the translation of that chapter is registered under another translator who currently retired. So that means, either Acperience or me will be taking over the translation of the chapter, I guess. I can't really speak for Acperience, but it looks like Acperience will be focusing more on OKDYD and DDYD? At the moment, I'm thinking of finishing up DYD (working on Chapter 6 of Volume 10 now!), then I'll move on to DDYD and TDYD, but mostly DDYD. I'll translate the few chapters that I registered for TDYD before I move onto DDYD proper, though. So I might finish up the remaining 50% for Germer, the Last Lesson, if it's still available.
antonnn
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by antonnn »

Akirina wrote:Well, the translation of that chapter is registered under another translator who currently retired. So that means, either Acperience or me will be taking over the translation of the chapter, I guess. I can't really speak for Acperience, but it looks like Acperience will be focusing more on OKDYD and DDYD? At the moment, I'm thinking of finishing up DYD (working on Chapter 6 of Volume 10 now!), then I'll move on to DDYD and TDYD, but mostly DDYD. I'll translate the few chapters that I registered for TDYD before I move onto DDYD proper, though. So I might finish up the remaining 50% for Germer, the Last Lesson, if it's still available.
Cool cool, if I had a recommended order of translating that's what I would have said, finishing DYD first is a good idea since you're so close to finishing it anyway. :D
Awesome stuff, I look forward to it all, and thank you for the reply! :)
masterofbeings
Astral Realm

Post by masterofbeings »

I have enjoyed reading the translations of the series on my kindle. (its a great series and I love the humour) However it seems that vol 6 onward hasn't been released in ebub, mobi, Pdf or any other format so I'm forced to wait. Please can someone make it in a downloadable format.
Thank You
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

masterofbeings wrote:I have enjoyed reading the translations of the series on my kindle. (its a great series and I love the humour) However it seems that vol 6 onward hasn't been released in ebub, mobi, Pdf or any other format so I'm forced to wait. Please can someone make it in a downloadable format.
Thank You
I doubt anyone is "forcing" you to wait... The simplest solution is to make it yourself. See this post for some discussion.
EmperorLelouch7
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by EmperorLelouch7 »

Just curious at the status of this project, or even better I'd just like confirmation that Dai Den Yu is still an active project.
Thank you to all the staff for your hard work.
Last edited by WakuKun on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just merged it down with similar post

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”