Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 473

Kokoru Asami
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

Post by Kokoru Asami »

This show is based of a Light Novel that ended and gave of a sequel and a spin off side story i believe the plot is very interesting and so are the characters.

Synopsis:
Ryner Lute is a lazy student of the Roland Empire Royal Magician's Academy. One day, the Roland Empire goes to war against their neighboring country Estaboole, and Ryner loses his classmates in the war. After the war, Ryner sets out on a journey to search the relics of a "Legendary Hero" at Emperor Sion Astal's command and finds out that a deadly curse is spreading throughout the continent.
The main character is very lazy and funny but also very powerful. As far as story goes it has a long and slightly complex plot which is what makes it interesting.
Novel wise the first series was 11 novels and gave of 2 spinoffs one is 11 and the other is 5 novels and the sequel which up till now has 8, so obviously it has a lot of material.

I believe is deserves to be translated, I'm willing to edit if it helps.

Apparently i cant edit the poll.

[MOD EDIT: I've removed the poll since the real one which has insane numbers was not merged properly with this thread - larethian]
Last edited by Kokoru Asami on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Legend of the legendary Heroes

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Sypnosis is not there, no teasers nor details...

Edit your post to give more details so that people can actually have a rough idea of what the story is about before voting... You only said the plot is interesting, at least tell the rest why its interesting to you... Same for the characters...

And you said this "This show is based of a Light novel", meaning are you asking us to translate the anime? Please be more specific and give more details.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

A third option would be nice too. Like "Maybe" or "Probably not" - The world isnt just black and white...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
xkianloongx
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by xkianloongx »

+1, hoping that you guys translate this novel. i have the link for the raw...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Would only be useful if you have the translator as well ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
zerkl
Astral Realm

Post by zerkl »

I really would like this novel to be translated since i just started watching the anime (and reading something about the story at wikipedia xD) and i think it's a different/original/interesting kind of plot. Why?, because every character seems to have a cool/secret/painful story to tell.

The few things I've read about this story got me immediately interested in knowing more and more about this story, i think anyone who has watched the few aired episodes of the anime, and read something about legend of the legendary heroes at wikipedia knows what i'm talking about.

I hope more people vote for this great-looking story.
ShadowZeroHeart

zerkl wrote:I really would like this novel to be translated since i just started watching the anime (and reading something about the story at wikipedia xD) and i think it's a different/original/interesting kind of plot. Why?, because every character seems to have a cool/secret/painful story to tell.

The few things I've read about this story got me immediately interested in knowing more and more about this story, i think anyone who has watched the few aired episodes of the anime, and read something about legend of the legendary heroes at wikipedia knows what i'm talking about.

I hope more people vote for this great-looking story.
Voting doesnt mean it gets picked up... its just a popularity vote.

Regarding the character's story to tell, in the entire prologue series of LOLH(Legend Of the Legendary Heroes, not Laugh Out Loud Heroes), most character stories aren't covered in much details. Ryner's full past is merely uncovering after all the volumes, the girls he is with, their stories are almost entirely covered in the anime already, except for Miss "Silent Beauty" who SHOWED TOO MUCH EMOTIONS already!! She should have an emotionless face all along, so you would REALLY be touched when you see the changes after all the time she has been with Ryner. All the rest of the characters don't get covered much, though you would see their strong characteristics, hopefully being retained in the anime... and some character designs in the anime sux!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

legendary heroes is legendary. :lol:
:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

After watching first few episode's the story seems pretty good to me and it feels like its being rushed too. The action scenes in anime are pretty epic though. 8)
youknowme
Astral Realm

Post by youknowme »

Seems like a really nice character driven story. Hopefully a translator will be interested in picking it up.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I'm getting very interested in this novel as I watch the anime. Quite a shame to hear that the anime is just the Prologue! Wish I got the time to TL it but not with my current situation and CSR still unfinished. :(
Does anyone know whether novels are nearly completed or still going strong?
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

According to Wikipedia Japan it's at 19 of 21 planned volumes.
Hm... actually I wanted to catch up with the Anime, but I've only skimmed through about half of the first volume. =/
youknowme
Astral Realm

Post by youknowme »

blewin wrote:I'm getting very interested in this novel as I watch the anime. Quite a shame to hear that the anime is just the Prologue! Wish I got the time to TL it but not with my current situation and CSR still unfinished. :(
Does anyone know whether novels are nearly completed or still going strong?

Like the other poster mentioned, it seems to be at the tail end of the projected run. I'm thinking, even if it did get picked up, it would take a years before it would be completed (but I can always dream!)

On another note, your work on CSR is much appreciated!
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Hi all, I'm willing to translate this series. I have read the whole series to the latest volume in the sequel, except for the side stories. I have both the original novels as well as the raws for all 19 volumes to date. The series is expected to end at volume 10 (for the sequel: dai densetsu), though in the latest afterword, the author has some doubts about whether he can really complete it by volume 10 lol! Despite that I believe it will definitely end soon by next year as the author has already started on a new project that is also running in Dragon.

My reason for volunteering for this project is besides being a fan of this work, I felt that the story on the whole will be more successful in novel form than in anime form and a lot of enjoyment of the original works will be missed out by just watching the anime. Like one of the posters mentioned, the anime has given the heroine a bunch of emotions though in the actual story, her emotions are so subtle to be unnoticeable except by the protagonist, Ryner. There are also a lot of inner thoughts that can really flesh out the story. In Japan, it has sold 3.7 million copies since august 2010. The figures were 3.5 million in april 2010. I thought this is a pretty decent number reflecting its popularity.

However, I have a question for you guys. If lets say that the project is approved, I would actually prefer to start working on the sequel, The Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). This is because I'm not going to be very speedy due to my busy schedule. Doing the sequel gives people a chance to continue enjoying the story after the anime has finished with no clear announcements yet in sight on whether the sequel will be animated or not. What do you all think?
ShadowZeroHeart

larethian wrote:However, I have a question for you guys. If lets say that the project is approved, I would actually prefer to start working on the sequel, The Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). This is because I'm not going to be very speedy due to my busy schedule. Doing the sequel gives people a chance to continue enjoying the story after the anime has finished with no clear announcements yet in sight on whether the sequel will be animated or not. What do you all think?
Sure, personally, i think the novel form is way better too. And we are not picky on the translators and their translations. So if you would like to work on the sequel first, by all means!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”