Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Series

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu?

It was good! Please do more!
97%
It was interesting.
3%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 473

hollowfied
Astral Realm

Re: Legend of the legendary Heroes

Post by hollowfied »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
larethian wrote:However, I have a question for you guys. If lets say that the project is approved, I would actually prefer to start working on the sequel, The Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). This is because I'm not going to be very speedy due to my busy schedule. Doing the sequel gives people a chance to continue enjoying the story after the anime has finished with no clear announcements yet in sight on whether the sequel will be animated or not. What do you all think?
Sure, personally, i think the novel form is way better too. And we are not picky on the translators and their translations. So if you would like to work on the sequel first, by all means!
so, by all mean...START! ya!
youknowme
Astral Realm

Post by youknowme »

larethian wrote:
However, I have a question for you guys. If lets say that the project is approved, I would actually prefer to start working on the sequel, The Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). This is because I'm not going to be very speedy due to my busy schedule. Doing the sequel gives people a chance to continue enjoying the story after the anime has finished with no clear announcements yet in sight on whether the sequel will be animated or not. What do you all think?
As much as I would like it translated from the beginning, I'll take what I can get!!! Hopefully someone else would be able to help translate the prologue if you don't have the time, since I'm sure it is skipping all sorts of stuff in the anime.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

larethian wrote:Hi all, I'm willing to translate this series. I have read the whole series to the latest volume in the sequel, except for the side stories. I have both the original novels as well as the raws for all 19 volumes to date. The series is expected to end at volume 10 (for the sequel: dai densetsu), though in the latest afterword, the author has some doubts about whether he can really complete it by volume 10 lol! Despite that I believe it will definitely end soon by next year as the author has already started on a new project that is also running in Dragon.

However, I have a question for you guys. If lets say that the project is approved, I would actually prefer to start working on the sequel, The Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes (Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). This is because I'm not going to be very speedy due to my busy schedule. Doing the sequel gives people a chance to continue enjoying the story after the anime has finished with no clear announcements yet in sight on whether the sequel will be animated or not. What do you all think?
If you like to translate it just do it. Also starting with the sequel wouldnt be a problem, we have already series like that. ;) If the necessary pages are created and at least one chapter (any chapter would do it if its not too short) is translated, the approval would hardly be a great problem ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

larethian wrote:Hi all, I'm willing to translate this series. I have read the whole series to the latest volume in the sequel, except for the side stories. I have both the original novels as well as the raws for all 19 volumes to date. The series is expected to end at volume 10 (for the sequel: dai densetsu), though in the latest afterword, the author has some doubts about whether he can really complete it by volume 10 lol! Despite that I believe it will definitely end soon by next year as the author has already started on a new project that is also running in Dragon.
I am a bit confused. vol 10 for the 1st series (Legend of the Legendary Heroes) or the sequel (Legend of the Great Legendary Heroes)?

baka baka baka
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

So is the first series Legend of the legendary Heroes a prequal or not?
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

@b0mb3r
Volume 10 for the sequel.

@p0l3r
Yes the first series, which is currently being animated, is the prequel to set the background story for the sequel.

Ok, I've already started on Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. The first chapter and the prologue is over 80 pages long, so that will take some time. The prologue is a little too short to stand as a chapter and I'm already done with that. And there are a few 4-koma pages in front which I'm going to skip for now.

The question is what do I do after I get the first chapter done? If possible, I would just like to provide the translated content and the raws if anyone needs it, and not be bothered with administering the project and other stuff.

And another question is that how do I become a Baka-tsuki verified translator. Do I need to submit the first chapter first? I've already applied for membership with the translator usergroup.

Thanks.
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Thanks man I really appreciate you putting time into translating it. :D
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

that's awesome, larethian! I look forward to reading your translation. :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you have already the prologue and dont want to wait to show us your hard work you could start it as a teaser project - teaser projects dont need a complete chapter to be accepted :mrgreen:

Darklor

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Hi, I'm back. :D

To start, I've really underestimated the work in translating. Though I can speak English to near native level, and have a decent level of proficiency in Japanese (I believe so at level 2, now known as N2, and have surrounded myself with Japanese stuff for years), I've just realized that translation work is indeed a completely different ballgame altogether. Initially, translating the content literally was pretty straightforward. But to translate one language to another to be as natural and as grammatically correct as possible in the target language, while delivering the same intended meaning and feel with as little divergence as possible from the original sentences, that really took effort, time, and thinking! Thus, firstly I really appreciate the effort from all the translators to spread the awesomeness of Japanese light novels to the non-Japanese-speaking community!

Now the good news is that because I've been on vacation for the past week, I've had some additional spare time to work on Dai Denyuden. I'm halfway done with chapter 1, having 37 pages left, after working through over 40 pages of text. Honestly speaking, I've never used the English thesaurus so much in my life! I've tried my best to retain the artistic leanings of Kagami-sensei (which usually were not very elegant in English) as much as possible within the forms of natural English, though there are still a number of awkward sentences here and there. Moreover, due to these artistic leanings, it was not easy to sometimes differentiate monologue from narration and I had to rely on clues from pronouns, colloquialism, etc. Anyway, enough of my whining :).

Secondly, well, I've actually just reached an appropriate break point in chapter 1, so I guess I can put up the translated work on the teaser page if anyone is dying to read it :P. But how do I go about doing it? I've already created an account on the wiki. Do I just create the pages or someone has to set it up for me? Actually it will be great if someone can do all these tedious stuff for me and I can just provide the translated stuff :P. By the way, I'm not very sure whether I can finish the whole of chapter 1 by the end of the week since I have many activities planned. If not this weekend, then next weekend. 8)

Thirdly, I've some translation dilemma on names and terms and incantation format. Currently, I'm adopting Funimation's spelling for the names in the anime. I guess this could be sorted out later. :wink:

Fourthly, I just want to set some realistic expectations on how fast this series is going get churned out, now that I have a better knowledge of my skill and ability. Because of my various commitments in family, work, religion, I'll probably most likely only spend some hours over the weekends to work on this. Additionally, I won't work on the project when I'm on business trip, which can be a several times a year, and lasting 1(more likely) to 3(rare) weeks, At my current rate, this will probably be around 20 to 30 pages a week, if I don't fly. Given that each volume is around anywhere between 300 to 400 pages each, with 3 to 4 chapters per volume, that will be about 1 volume every 3 months, with 1 chapter every 3 to 4 weeks or so. I know it's probably pretty slow by standards, but that's what I can manage right now, and I don't want to over-promise. Hopefully, I get the hang of it and become faster as I progress. If there are more translators joining, and multiple volumes are being worked on at the same time, that would really be awesome.

Well that's all for now! And thanks in advance for answering my questions! :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

If you know how to do it you could just create the page - so that there were no need to wait till an other would do it. (But if someone is burning to read it then probaly you wouldnt wait to long till someone would do it for you. ;))

For the smoothing out of your translation you could try to get into contact and communication with an good (or at least interested ;)) edtior. Or wait a while after it is in the wiki. Probaly some "editor" would drop by and would do it for you. Also you can always also add some translators notes for a better understanding why something is translated like it is if you feel it could be necessary.

Darklor

larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Preview up as Teaser project:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ded_Future

WARNING:
This continues from the last volume of "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes", so if you are watching the anime and don't want to be spoiled, do not read it!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Expected date of completion of chapter 1: 19-sep-2010.
youknowme
Astral Realm

Post by youknowme »

larethian wrote:Preview up as Teaser project:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ded_Future

WARNING:
This continues from the last volume of "The Legend of the Legendary Heroes", so if you are watching the anime and don't want to be spoiled, do not read it!
Great work so far! THANKS.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu at http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... o_Densetsu

Please tell us what you think of it.

Darklor

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”