Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do You Want To See This Novel Get Translated?

Yes
99%
No
1%

Total votes: 726

Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

The one and the same...has a PhD in theoretical physics or so he says....

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ShinnKamiyra
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShinnKamiyra »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:well...the scene with Balskra was funny. Him screaming I'll save you while running away followed by the way he gets blown apart and the NSFW Blood Poison.....it' so sad it's funny...

And the introduction to the Tenma and Spell Error by the old priest cut down to 3 seconds....when I'd call that a key plot point.

well at least they stuck back to the original plot....more or less
Agreed. My congratulations to ZEXCS for turning what was supposed to be quite a serious situation into a laughable one.

That aside, it's certainly strange not to bring in the explanation about the Tenma, Silver Familiar, and Spell Error, isn't it? I wonder if they'll bring it in at a later point; though much in the same way that they did with Gekkou's background after the battle with Hinata,
Spoiler! :
its impact will be by far diminished to have it included after Gekkou's meeting with the Tenma, wouldn't you say?
"Stuck to the original plot"? Yeah... I guess they did at least that much. Still, given larethian's most recent info about future eps... well, I'm sure you're already aware. Oh well, hopefully there will still be decent action and a few more laughs along the way, if nothing else.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I'm getting rocked by Harada Hitomi's "Once" and "Kyuuai Real (which sounded really like Mizuki Nana)" theme songs for Itsuten right now. Hard to imagine her voicing Himeji Mizuki. :lol:
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Agree on the music, except for a few parts...

Now, can someone tell me what the heck happened in ep5?
(spoiler refers to anime up to ep5 and events up to novel Vol 2)
Spoiler! :
Before, they more or less crammed 1 novel into 2 episodes, twice, and now we have 1 episode dealing with less than half a chapter? ワケ分からなくなった Especially since the Bliss-persona should be gone, if Taito whispered into Himea's ear what I think he whispered at the end of ep4. Actually, with the timing, Blissy shouldn't have appeared at all... Or she shouldn't be gone. Well, you can reason Taito might have reassured Himea enough to chase Blissy away, but it's so anti-climatic I'd call the scene ruined.

Ohh, what happened to Himea sacrificing most of her life for Taito?
And did have the additional bit about Gekkou on the far side of the moon any significance? Due to Mirai, it lacks suspense, we still don't get to see the terms of their deal, and we only know Gekkou isn't likely to kill Himea soon. Ohh, we heard about Ramiel Lilith for the first time... which we haven't only because they cut another, earlier scene, I think~~
Can we still call this "following the overall plot"? What is following the overall plot in the first place anyway? Having the same start and the same end, and the in between can changed however one likes? And since we don't know the end, we can freely choose that as well?
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kadi wrote:Agree on the music, except for a few parts...

Spoiler! :
Before, they more or less crammed 1 novel into 2 episodes, twice, and now we have 1 episode dealing with less than half a chapter? ワケ分からなくなった Especially since the Bliss-persona should be gone, if Taito whispered into Himea's ear what I think he whispered at the end of ep4. Actually, with the timing, Blissy shouldn't have appeared at all... Or she shouldn't be gone. Well, you can reason Taito might have reassured Himea enough to chase Blissy away, but it's so anti-climatic I'd call the scene ruined.

And did have the additional bit about Gekkou on the far side of the moon any significance? Due to Mirai, it lacks suspense, we still don't get to see the terms of their deal, and we only know Gekkou isn't likely to kill Himea soon. Ohh, we heard about Ramiel Lilith for the first time... which we haven't only because they cut another, earlier scene, I think~~
Can we still call this "following the overall plot"? What is following the overall plot in the first place anyway? Having the same start and the same end, and the in between can changed however one likes? And since we don't know the end, we can freely choose that as well?
have a long strategic meeting today and another one tomorrow so I'll keep it short. in brief, they obviously won't be following the plot 100%. since episode 7 is going to start with volume 5 based on the title, i guess for the next episode they will just add some make-up story to assemble the remaining members of the student council. putting that last 2 guys in the last scene only confirms that events in volume 4 and 3 will be cut (well, to be precise episode 5 covers chapter 1 and 2 of volume 3). if you look at the official site here --> http://kadokawa-anime.jp/itsu-ten/story/post-46.php
there are 6 new characters slated to appear in episode 6. most of them are actually part of the core cast and gathered through a series of events in volume 3 and 4.

spoiler for video embedded:
Spoiler! :
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Kadi wrote:Agree on the music, except for a few parts...

Spoiler! :

Yes. That bit with Gekkou and the Tenma is crucially important. The original struggle against Ramiel Lilith had Balskra aiding as well....so....change there. It obviously didn't fit in well. The Ramiel Lilith personality is I think the true dominant personality that wants back its control.

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Sure the info is important. But in my opinion that doesn't save the scene as a whole. Or the episode. Or the adaption. Especially since the novel had the info in a nice spot full of foreshadowing and suspense-building, I believe. The anime just gives so many chances to that away. Like with Gekkou's declaration to the Tenma that he won't let his slaves come to harm. That more or less kills the possibility of him actually being an enemy for Himea ("more or less" because he could've lied, but why would he?)

For the record, I think Himea is closest to the original personality.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Oh no....I'm not saying the scene (or to be precise, ep in general) was well done. I'm saying the info in that bit was indispensible.

If they removed it, it will be far, far worse then now.

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
ShinnKamiyra
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShinnKamiyra »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:Oh no....I'm not saying the scene (or to be precise, ep in general) was well done. I'm saying the info in that bit was indispensible.

If they removed it, it will be far, far worse then now.
If larethian's correct about this next episode being a made-up one, we might never get to see Gekkou and the Tenma.

Still, if by any chance they do show it, its impact will still be greatly diminished. It would've been perfect as the end for episode four. Talk about disappointing... -Sigh-

Really though, Gekkou's character has been pretty screwed over by the anime from beginning to end. Not only did they make him out to look like Athrun Zala from Gundam Seed (I for one do not believe that was a coincidence), but they delayed his background so as to give his first battle with Hinata any real significance, slashed his acquiring of the Spell Error to about three seconds, and now they may have cut his epic talk with the Tenma out completely.

I'm not exactly a fan of Gekkou, but his character deserves way better than this.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Well I honestly don't expect Gekkou to be portrayed as anything more than an arrogant ass in the anime....

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Once I finished vol 8, hopefully, by end of the week depending on my schedule, I will a write a review on this INSANE SERIES!!! Though it's a little hard to make the review interesting without some spoilers. :D
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

larethian wrote:Once I finished vol 8, hopefully, by end of the week depending on my schedule, I will a write a review on this INSANE SERIES!!! Though it's a little hard to make the review interesting without some spoilers. :D
Lucky you.....Did your v8 arrive some time last week by any chance? Coz someone kill-stealed me on it....

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Cosmic Eagle wrote:
larethian wrote:Once I finished vol 8, hopefully, by end of the week depending on my schedule, I will a write a review on this INSANE SERIES!!! Though it's a little hard to make the review interesting without some spoilers. :D
Lucky you.....Did your v8 arrive some time last week by any chance? Coz someone kill-stealed me on it....
I just picked it up this afternoon. but isn't there a reference order number, how can you get ninja-ed?

gawd, I already wish I can translate everything till volume 8 in one day :(
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

Came out on the shelf for a very brief....read like 1-2 hours period.....my friend and I saw it on the terminal....

Brutally delighted....charged right towards the shelf...not there....maybe its still in the store, went to ask....some guy just bought it like...5 mins ago....

FFFFFFFFFFFF

――罨――
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

so, that was a common copy? which means it did come after all. mine is ordered, reserved copy.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”