Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do You Want To See This Novel Get Translated?

Yes
99%
No
1%

Total votes: 726

Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Post by Doraneko »

I think only a few are anxiously anticipating the anime. But this still comes across as a surprise.

They may as well scrap the whole project and hire a more competent anime studio to work on it...
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

...This may be a stupid question, but what are they unable to deliver?
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

Don't know whether it perfectly fits in Japanese, but "being unable to deliver" in English can mean that they can't fulfill the expectations. Usually by far. Like "unable to deliver what was promised".
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

「納品」 refers specifically to the delivery of goods, unless I am just plainly incorrect.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

The director plainly said they won't be able to deliver episode 1 due to a variety of reasons.

I can't see any figurative meaning behind his words. It is just a straightforward statement in regard to their production progress (or the lack thereof).

How the team will solve the problem and what we will see on the first day of airing is another question.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

So...The director is saying that episode 1 will not be ready? Or that he did a poor job on episode 1.

Sorry for the questions, I do not really understand the use of 「納品」 in this context.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

The Japanese term of "納品" does not carry the wider meaning of "reaching a certain quality" or "fulfilling a certain promise" as in its English counterpart of "deliver". The term means physical delivery. Plain and simple.

<広辞苑>
のう‐ひん【納品】 ナフ‥
品物を納入すること。また、その品物。「期日どおり―する」「―書」

<ジーニアス和英>
のうひん[納品]
delivery (of goods)
◇納品する
deliver
(他) …を〔人・場所に〕配達する, 届ける〔at, to〕
supply
(他)[SVO1 with O2/SVO2 to [for] O1] O1〈人〉にO2〈物〉を供給する
…をデパートに納品する supply a department store with ...

EDIT: ok there are some follow-ups. Basically they had finished ep1, but got a NO from the TV station upon delivery due to the violent scenes. That's why they have to work on it again.
kamenp 仮面P
せっかく良い映像が出来たので、なんとかテレビ放送バージョンも
不自然にならない様な修正を検討したいと思います。
華やかでダイナミックなフィルムですので。
6月16日

kamenp 仮面P
もちろん、いたずらにエログロなシーンが多い訳ではなく、「いつ天」のテーマを考えた時、
どうしてもバイオレンス描写と色っぽいシーンは描かざるをえないんですよね。
また最初から「テレビ放送版は無難にしよう」と作ると、作品の勢いというか、
弾けっぷりが弱くなるので…難しいものです。
6月16日

kamenp 仮面P
この時間まで頑張りましたが「いつ天」過激なシーンが多いという事で本日のテレビ局納品断念
撮影やエフェクトが凝っているので簡単に修正する訳にもいかず。持ち帰って丁寧に修正し、
来週、一話と二話を同時納品するという事に。イベント上映やBD、DVDは無修正版をマスターとします。
6月16日
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Yes, I stated that part about 'delivery of goods' in one of the upper posts.

I merely did not realize that this was referring to the delivery of the episode to the station.

Thank you for clearing it up, and for the extra information.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
larethian wrote:there's no need to guess. it's set in stone currently 1 cour, since the special episode is labelled as episode 13. I hope I'm wrong though.
13 episodes, or rather, 12, makes it so short and blunt that I would think it would end with the first volume ending. unless they go all the way to the sealing brothers? Either that, or they will give insane twists to the plot to give an ending where the novel plot cannot follow from.
no 12 for volume 1 is too long. 4 is more than sufficient for most 300-page LN volume. anymore than that would require fillers. moreover, Kagami's novels are slightly shorter than average in number of words due it being dialogue oriented, also, action require more words per frame (meaning action oriented scenes being animated can cover the novel at a faster rate); cutting away some repetition and slice-of-life scenes, except for volume 4, 3 episodes for one volume will be comfortable.

regarding the Entolio brothers, well, it seems like I might be mistaken initially since they were on the character page of the Itsuten website which I originally thought was the anime website: http://www.itsu-ten.jp/chara.html
anyway, since no cast have been assigned, maybe I'm wrong about my prediction to the amount of plot it will cover.

Doraneko wrote:EDIT: ok there are some follow-ups. Basically they had finished ep1, but got a NO from the TV station upon delivery due to the violent scenes. That's why they have to work on it again.
kamenp 仮面P
せっかく良い映像が出来たので、なんとかテレビ放送バージョンも
不自然にならない様な修正を検討したいと思います。
華やかでダイナミックなフィルムですので。
6月16日

kamenp 仮面P
もちろん、いたずらにエログロなシーンが多い訳ではなく、「いつ天」のテーマを考えた時、
どうしてもバイオレンス描写と色っぽいシーンは描かざるをえないんですよね。
また最初から「テレビ放送版は無難にしよう」と作ると、作品の勢いというか、
弾けっぷりが弱くなるので…難しいものです。
6月16日

kamenp 仮面P
この時間まで頑張りましたが「いつ天」過激なシーンが多いという事で本日のテレビ局納品断念
撮影やエフェクトが凝っているので簡単に修正する訳にもいかず。持ち帰って丁寧に修正し、
来週、一話と二話を同時納品するという事に。イベント上映やBD、DVDは無修正版をマスターとします。
6月16日
geez, this sucks, the gore in Denyuuden made it through but not this? And Taito didn't even die for real. his head rolled, half his body got blasted, but he lives, so wtf... Denyuuden have sliced up bodies, bodies blasted into oblivion and heads all over. that's the only part I like from Zexcs.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

larethian wrote: no 12 for volume 1 is too long. 4 is more than sufficient for most 300-page LN volume. anymore than that would require fillers. moreover, Kagami's novels are slightly shorter than average in number of words due it being dialogue oriented, also, action require more words per frame (meaning action oriented scenes being animated can cover the novel at a faster rate); cutting away some repetition and slice-of-life scenes, except for volume 4, 3 episodes for one volume will be comfortable.

regarding the Entolio brothers, well, it seems like I might be mistaken initially since they were on the character page of the Itsuten website which I originally thought was the anime website: http://www.itsu-ten.jp/chara.html
anyway, since no cast have been assigned, maybe I'm wrong about my prediction to the amount of plot it will cover.

geez, this sucks, the gore in Denyuuden made it through but not this? And Taito didn't even die for real. his head rolled, half his body got blasted, but he lives, so wtf... Denyuuden have sliced up bodies, bodies blasted into oblivion and heads all over. that's the only part I like from Zexcs.
I was having Mushi-Uta in mind when I talked about vol 1 ending in the anime. They had some fillers inbetween, so the entire season only covered volume 1 mainly. That is possible for ITnKU as well? Though it is highly unliekly, sighz.

And over violence means that they can only give some crappy story. Violence is part of the story.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I just saw you put up the guidelines for ItsuTen, but... are you sure you want to keep Selju Entolio and Hasga Entolio? Serge Entorio and... I-don't-know Entorio sound way more natural to me...

(Yes, even in case the books give a different, "official" romanization for the names, I'd still suggest using the most natural one)
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kadi wrote:I just saw you put up the guidelines for ItsuTen, but... are you sure you want to keep Selju Entolio and Hasga Entolio? Serge Entorio and... I-don't-know Entorio sound way more natural to me...

(Yes, even in case the books give a different, "official" romanization for the names, I'd still suggest using the most natural one)
No offense, but if the books give a different romanization, we should use it. Reason being sometimes the author may have hidden meanings and purposes in names, so its best not to touch them. Besides, the characters are made by the authors, so they have the greatest say, even beyond us translators. Thats my personal opinion though.

That said, for some strange reason, my chinese version of the novels did not have the english names of the brothers, and the brothers only... strange?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kadi wrote:I just saw you put up the guidelines for ItsuTen, but... are you sure you want to keep Selju Entolio and Hasga Entolio? Serge Entorio and... I-don't-know Entorio sound way more natural to me...

Serge sounds good, but I'll just wait till I get to that part to decide probably.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

btw, I just recalled from somewhere:
isn't Serge --> se-ru-ge rather than se-ru-ju?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

I don't think the 2nd E is pronounced, so it should be okay. Then again, I don't speak Spanish or similar languages, so I may be completely off.
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”