Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Volume 1 Discussion / Poll

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Volume 1 Rating

Perfect 10
43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent
26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good
17%
7 out of 10 : Good
13%
6 out of 10 : Average
2%
5 out of 10 : Below Average
No votes
4 out of 10 : Poor
No votes
3 out of 10 : Bad
No votes
2 out of 10 : Very Bad
No votes
1 out of 10 : Painful
No votes

Total votes: 54

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Volume 1 Discussion / Poll

Post by larethian »

Welcome to the discussion thread for Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Volume 1.
Please don't discuss events or subject matter of future volumes.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic. :D
You can poll here on whether you want to see more of the series translated, if you have not yet done so.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Volume 1 Discussion / Poll

Post by carj »

ok if your talking about the novel itself it was good n (since i cant read more than vol.1 yet) will get better IMO, as for the translation was really good O.O seriously i really didn't spot any weird phrases and was easy to read....but english is not my first language soooo i can kinda understand even bad english so its hard for me to detect any mistakes
Spoiler! :
........kinda off topic but goddammit i face-palmed a couple of times watching the anime....it's sooooo~~~~ ugh dunno how to say it but yea v.v those who have watched it and read the novel will understand me
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

well, actually for me, when I first read this, I was like, "oh god, Kagami isn't really suited for the romance stories with all those cheesy lines". but of course, the premise was interesting, given that the main character can only die 6 times within 15 minutes. other than that, he is powerless. so, it makes me wonder how the story will turn out. especially after he got the flame power. makes me wonder whether all his powers he get will kill him in one way or another :lol:

and as it turns out, Kagami said that this volume is a foreshadowing and the concept and ideas that encompass the story will be big, just like Denyuuden, so this made me really excited despite the cheesy lines. throw in a << Holy Ground >> which can connect to other worlds just increases its potential by tenfold. :D
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

hahahaha yea exactly what i thought, the potential of the whole thing is bigger than the few lacking points it has (like you said cheesy lines....lots of them), so you can easily ignore all those things and be able to enjoy the story

i just hope that it doesn't end in an endless cycle of the same things happening, and that even if it sticks to some standards (like cheesy romance) it delivers a nice plot n good character growth, it doesn't need to be a master piece but something above average would be nice

btw thanks for the translation XD i really appreciate all your work
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

plot/story and characterizations will probably be near masterpiece level imo. lines and antics and plotholes and vocab will be either lacking, repetitive or cheesy. writing technique is not too shabby and pretty unique though.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

...7/10. Because I missed the button above. :oops: Is it possible to enable re-voting? Well, anyways, I'd probably be like 7.5.

...I think Taito dies too often. :lol:

Well, joke aside, the story and the plot is good, I think. The synopsis was alluring. Though sometimes, I feel that the recaps are a bit redundant. Just as some lines that are...hum...well, just as carj said, maybe 'cheesy'?

Anyways, I can almost never speak too critically about a LN though.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

the story hasn't even started yet. I hope to complete volume 2 by this week. :D
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

larethian wrote:well, actually for me, when I first read this, I was like, "oh god, Kagami isn't really suited for the romance stories with all those cheesy lines". but of course, the premise was interesting, given that the main character can only die 6 times within 15 minutes. other than that, he is powerless. so, it makes me wonder how the story will turn out. especially after he got the flame power. makes me wonder whether all his powers he get will kill him in one way or another :lol:

and as it turns out, Kagami said that this volume is a foreshadowing and the concept and ideas that encompass the story will be big, just like Denyuuden, so this made me really excited despite the cheesy lines. throw in a << Holy Ground >> which can connect to other worlds just increases its potential by tenfold. :D
What cheesy...it just serves to show how tortured Himea is...I think it's intentional.

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

well if it actually is intentional and it changes later on, then i have to say that it will be a masterpiece O.o
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I'm surprised Japan hasn't raged yet at the part where Himea had a lover before Taito :lol:
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

HImea's "I love you" lines and some of the cliche romantic situations were indeed intentional (what I'm saying is my first impression wrt to the thread's title :P), though some stuff still feel like cheese to me. maybe face-palming is a better word. stuff like running until your tendon snaps. in the first place, the same lactic acid that gets generated through anaerobic respiration protects you by creating fatigue. well, there are several others, though I can't remember at the top of my mind, but along the way as I translate, I will see them every now and then. of course, these are very minor to me. Kagami is still my God!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

larethian wrote:HImea's "I love you" lines and some of the cliche romantic situations were indeed intentional (what I'm saying is my first impression wrt to the thread's title :P), though some stuff still feel like cheese to me. maybe face-palming is a better word. stuff like running until your tendon snaps. in the first place, the same lactic acid that gets generated through anaerobic respiration protects you by creating fatigue. well, there are several others, though I can't remember at the top of my mind, but along the way as I translate, I will see them every now and then. of course, these are very minor to me. Kagami is still my God!
Yeah the cheesy lines just seemed to work in this particular case because of what himea's been put through before and after meeting taito and how open she seems to be about her feelings. I have to admit I was kind of worried when you stalled denyuuden for this but not I can confidently say that I'm looking forward to it more than denyuuden if only for the fact that romance seems to be a more prevalent theme and I always prefer that in my fantasy epics, plus based on the anime it seems like the novels is going to expand a lot more into a much bigger setting and become a lot more epic than it originally looked to be which is always a plus. Thanks for picking up the novels, I can't wait to read more.

Oh also good job on the synopsis it sounded really great and it was definitely what pulled me in and made me start reading.

Just a quick question though, the age restriction on the holy ground does have a reasonable explanation right? It would be rather lame if it didn't. (no need to go in depth and spoil anything just a yes/no will suffice)
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I don't know whether you can call it a reasonable explanation or not, but to a certain extent, there is enough information to make it speculatable, unless of course I missed some blatant information in my speed-reading.

Regarding DYD, I hope to complete daiden v3 this year (should be able to). what's left is a 60 to 70 page chapter 2 focusing on Kiefer and Toale, followed by a super long chapter 3 (over a hundred pages). But it's probably one of the most exciting chapter in daiden (aside from volume 6), with a pretty large scale battle and Ryner x Ferris scene (well loosely speaking of course). I can only say it's going to be a pretty exciting chapter, so I'll try to have it done in 2011 while juggling my time with Itsuten.

BOT, jeez, I didn't remember a kissing scene in volume 2, but seems like there is one as I'm translating.
Cosmic Eagle
Project Translator

Post by Cosmic Eagle »

ben1234 wrote:I'm surprised Japan hasn't raged yet at the part where Himea had a lover before Taito :lol:
Wait until you find out what that lover is...IIRC there was a kissing scene before the Rain of Blood

――罨――
阿謨伽尾盧左曩 摩訶母捺囉摩抳 鉢納摩 人嚩攞 鉢囉韈哆野吽
地・水・火・風・空に偏在する金剛界尊よ
今ぞ遍く光に滅相し奉る!
天地玄妙神辺変通力離――
卍曼荼羅ァ――無量大数ゥ!
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

btw, you guys read Afterword?

EDIT: btw, Kira, I've enabled re-voting for the poll.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”