Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

Post by larethian »

Recruiting translators to prepare for my retirement in a year's time.

Requirements:
Able to translate from Japanese or Chinese.
I don't want to set the required level for Japanese, you can test yourself by trying out the source material.
Able to write decent English.
While there's so strict binding agreement, you should at least be thinking of working on the project for some time (a few months at least), and have the grand vision of translating about 1 volume before retiring. If you don't think you can finish at least a chapter, then don't bother. You should at least work on 5 pages to test yourself to see whether you have the mantle to persist in finishing at least a chapter.
You must love the work and the author of course (do you have an altar for Kagami? jk)

If you want to become a dedicated editor, you must be hardworking, have guts to make serious changes, be GODLY in English, and yet tolerate my whims on keeping some nihonglish around.

No formal experience required. Oh yes, if you want to translate the manga, you are also welcome to message me. I'll tie you in with the appropriate group.
q123
Astral Realm

Re: Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

Post by q123 »

i'm thinking about hlping to translate, can i hv a chinese sample first to check if i'm qualified
if i am qualified i will start translating dai denyuuden
from vol 3 onword
Shiki
Astral Realm

Post by Shiki »

So q123 are you really going to translate Daiden !!? *so happy*
Ways
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ways »

q123 wrote:i'm thinking about hlping to translate, can i hv a chinese sample first to check if i'm qualified
if i am qualified i will start translating dai denyuuden
from vol 3 onword
COOL!!!but you dissapeared....
EmperorLelouch7
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

I want to help out

Post by EmperorLelouch7 »

Im new here and the reason i joined was to read The Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu
i would like to help out particularly on that project but i dont know any japenese but my english in reading and writing are exceptional so id like to help
id also help out on any other projects
so i basically wanna be an editor

can any help me im noob and im unfamiliar but ill get used it but ill be a good editor
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: I want to help out

Post by arczyx »

If this unfamiliar you spoke of is about the wiki, you can just edit the chapter you want to edit by clicking the 'edit' button at the top-right (beside the 'read' button), edit it, and then save it. Simple right? :D
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

I'd like to help translate too. But I have to wait until after 17 November or so thereabouts. I'm able to fulfill your English requirements, but I'm not that well versed in nihonenglish... Also, I can only read chinese, although I suppose I can translate japanese using google translate then filter from there?
I just borrowed the first volume of Denyuuden, so I can try it out, I suppose?
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

I did this without consulting the translated chapters... Well, I might have gone to check the title. From volume 1 of DenYuuDen. I changed the format slightly. I haven't done much checking through yet, though. Is it okay?
Spoiler! :
Prologue I : From the Dwelling of the Death God

In this place, this was a fairly common matter…
“If… If we can escape and successfully become adults, will you agree to marry me?” A gentle-looking girl with flaxen hair asked as she cried.
The energetic eyes of the boy that seemed bereft of vitality gentled slightly... But he kept his blank and dry eyes fixated on the watery eyes of the girl.
“If we can escape and successfully become adults…”
‘That is impossible.’ The boy thought in his mind.
No, perhaps the girl knew this as well.
They would die.
They would die in this place…
This orphanage was filled with the stench of death. The air was thoroughly permeated with the smell of death. The stench of death in this world was so overwhelming, even the two youngsters could smell it.
So the girl’s wish would probably…
“If we can survive this… you and I……”
The boy never answered her. Because the girl’s mutterings sounded like a dream that was out of their reach, like a magical dream that could never come true.
“If we can survive this… you and I……”
At that point, their conversation was disrupted. A man who looked to be several years older and was dressed thoroughly in black came forward and grabbed the skinny shoulder of the girl, pulling her away, saying, “Time’s up. Don’t cry anymore. From today onwards, you no longer need those weak feelings. If you are weak, then you will die. You just have to remember that.”
Yes.
Remember that.
The girl understood.
In that split second, she revealed a timid expression.
“……Yes.” Then she nodded her head gently.
She took a secretive glance at the boy’s face, but his expression gave nothing away with his unmotivated dazed eyes and he never spoke.
“…”
Yes.
She knew this better than anyone else.
She was going to die, anyway. It was only a matter of sooner or later. It was meaningless trying to make a promise like this.
The girl’s expression hardened momentarily. Maybe she would not smile for the rest of her life, she thought deep down in her heart.
“Let’s go.”
Under the man’s persuasion, the girl helplessly walked forward. Walking towards a meaningless future……
There was no goal for her.
There were no dreams, either.
Most of all, there was no hope.
Maybe she would become this man’s puppet from today onwards.
A manipulated puppet.

At that moment—
“Hey!”
The boy suddenly shouted. His voice, like usual, lacked a domineering tone, but…
That lazy-sounding voice spoke.
“You cry too much. Don’t think of seeking death. You will be able to withstand all your trials. After all, you were always tough. I’ve never had the thought of dying, so…”
The girl listened to his words and could not resist turning back to face him. Her face was lit up with a myriad of emotions again. Tears spilled from her eyes.
When the boy saw this, his expression became distress and troubled. Finally,he smiled gently and said, “So you can’t die.”
“…Okay!” The girl nodded her head vigorously.

This was a distant childhood promise. This promise would be deeply engraved in the girl’s heart…
don't mind me, the post felt too long-KuroiHikari
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
sabcia67
Astral Realm

Post by sabcia67 »

You have to translate it!!! You are very good!!!
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Thanks :) I'm thinking of working on DenYuuDen Volume 3. It might take me some time to translate the first chapter, though. The whole thing is quite long. I might help out with Dai DenYuuDen if I have the time.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I belive in you! So I have to wait!
sabcia67
Astral Realm

Post by sabcia67 »

I am so HAPPY! At last we have a translator!!
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Well, I'm only ~70% through chapter 1 of volume 3, I think. I'll need to quadruple-check my content after finishing up chapter 1. My real question is, how do I upload the chapter onto the wiki page for the chapters? I'll need the permission from the one who is in charge, only that I don't know who is in charge of managing this project...
Is it acceptable if translators become 'editors' to some other people's work?
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Akirina wrote:Well, I'm only ~70% through chapter 1 of volume 3, I think. I'll need to quadruple-check my content after finishing up chapter 1. My real question is, how do I upload the chapter onto the wiki page for the chapters? I'll need the permission from the one who is in charge, only that I don't know who is in charge of managing this project...
Is it acceptable if translators become 'editors' to some other people's work?
I think you can just put it on the wiki, as for notifying you can inform Teh_ping or larthien.

If you press edit on the section of vol2(http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... section=12)
you can see how it's being formated, you then just replicate it elsewhere.

Or you can just paste the text here, check how the other chapters are formated and follow it.

Prologue page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... &redlink=1

Chapter 1 page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... &redlink=1

I'm not sure I understand your last question
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Ah, thanks KuroiHikari :) Oh, I meant to say, is it okay if we go in to edit the previous chapters that have been translated by other people?

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”