Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

Post by KuroiHikari »

Yes, that's when editing happens, some translator have internal editor(s) where they edit before putting on the wiki for public editing, others like me, just puts it on the wiki directly for editing.

If you're going to make major changes inform the translator of the chapter first
swiftelf
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Too many.

Post by swiftelf »

I'm willing to do some proofreading if it's needed/wanted. Just send me .PDF files of things you want to be looked over and I'll go over it. I'm an incredibly fast reader in english, something like an average of 100 pages in 45 minutes.
I call upon the wind, let it's raging fury destroy my foes!

Editor, daily columnist, book and video game reviewer at Game Industry News, founder of Windborne's Story Eatery at windbornesword.wordpress.com
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

swiftelf, you're welcome to be the editor.
Last edited by Akirina on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Erm, you will have move your page to one of proper naming. I'll help you with that once I'm home or if you can do it yourself or if someone can help you with this, it'll be great.
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

KuroiHikari wrote:Erm, you will have move your page to one of proper naming. I'll help you with that once I'm home or if you can do it yourself or if someone can help you with this, it'll be great.
I'll be grateful if you could help out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

You didn't have to blank it, there's a move option, anyway I've placed the proper links, just click them and paste it in.

The link should include the series' name to prevent someone from mistakening it as spam and deleting it.

Edit: ok, move and etc, it was quite hard on my phone :/
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Is it really okay for me to post it up there, though? I haven't exactly received the OK from the people who're in charge of the project... that's why I blanked it out...
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Akirina wrote:Is it really okay for me to post it up there, though? I haven't exactly received the OK from the people who're in charge of the project... that's why I blanked it out...
Just do it. I'll help you register if you want.
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Ok, thanks! :)
gyoku
Kyonist

Post by gyoku »

Um.. Hello, I'd like to help out but Im not sure if the pace I work at, or my skill level is right. My Japanese is self-taught, and despite being my first language, English is my worst subject.
I went ahead and tried 5 pages but it took quite some time to do, and consisted of constant use of rikai-chan, the dictionary and thesaurus. If my accuracy and speed is alright I'd like work on it some more.
The grammar is probably all over the place and it might be better to check it sentence by sentence with the original. Hopefully I didnt pick one someone was working on. DDYD vol 10 prologue
Spoiler! :
PROLOGUE The Interval of the King

It was a throne.
A throne which seats the being whom governs the entirety of this world.
There, he was seated.
"............."

There was a tower.
A very, very tall tower.
Almost piercing the heavens, a spire is projected out.
He sat there in the highest room of the tower.
"............"

Extending in front of the throne were sinews smeared red.
They continued all the way to the entrance of the room.
The door was opened, but beyond was just the open air.
Where the heavens, the skies, and the streets no longer occupied by people, spread out.
That's right.
In this town— this country, there are no longer people.
Because in order to set the curse in motion, the life of all the humans here were invoked as an intermediary.
That's why here, there are no people.
"...... No, in the first place,"
Always, there has never been anyone around himself.
Always, alone.
Always, in solitude.
That's why always, he had been lonesome.
"............"
With a sad face, he gazed outside.
Looking down on the town below the castle with no living beings.
As he did so, a voice resounded.
Was it echoing throughout the room or was it within his mind?
It was unclear.
However, still the voice resounded.
The voice resounded.
At the voice, he raised his listless face. His black hair neatly combed back, his black eyes slackened yet cold, as if having given up on everything.
As he lifted those eyes, a strange creature was there.
In the interval of the throne, a strange monster was hanging down from the ceiling.
And then, it spoke.
"Hey hey, I can finally have a proper conversation with you, Monster-kun of the otherworld."
"............"
"It was quite difficult, getting this far. Would you be able to understand my tribulations?"
"............"
"Well, since I've reached this far, I don't intend to discuss the process of my hardships. Then for now, I'll have you hang out with me for a little while, okay?"
"............"
"Of course its okay, 'cause you are always so lonesome. You'd even want to talk with frail little ol' me, right? 'Cause you can't help but yearn, and yearn, and yearn for someone, right?"
"............"
"That's why you would even lend an ear to unsightly, petty me. Without killing me, you leave me be."
"............"
"Well then, its about time to start— to start our world."
"............"
And then, the monster descended from the ceiling.
With eight arms and twelve eyes.
Amongst the eyes, seven turn towards beyond the doors—
"Before your troublesome best friend comes to take you back, I better somehow persuade you."
— As the remaining eyes turn towards here, he asked,
"Isnt that right, Ryner Lute-kun?"
To that he,
"............"

Ryner—
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

gyoku wrote:Um.. Hello, I'd like to help out but Im not sure if the pace I work at, or my skill level is right. My Japanese is self-taught, and despite being my first language, English is my worst subject.
I went ahead and tried 5 pages but it took quite some time to do, and consisted of constant use of rikai-chan, the dictionary and thesaurus. If my accuracy and speed is alright I'd like work on it some more.
The grammar is probably all over the place and it might be better to check it sentence by sentence with the original. Hopefully I didnt pick one someone was working on. DDYD vol 10 prologue
Hello, gyoku! Welcome! DDYD is always in need of translators. Well, it's probably not my place to say this- larethian is the one who is in charge and all, but still... :) You're welcome to seek me for help if you need someone to help you proof-read your chapters. Then again, you're welcome to seek the other editors of DYD and DDYD, as well as the translators for help. No, no one is working on vol 10, as of yet. But we do have some readers requesting us to translate chronologically instead of jumping all over the place. You can go ahead with the prologue, though.
Well, with practice, I'm sure your skills in translating will improve. :) You don't have to worry about your pace, everyone has to deal with real life, so it's not unexpected that we take some time to update.
gyoku
Kyonist

Post by gyoku »

:D Thank you, Akirina~ I take it that means i can put it up... right? I went ahead and registered the prologue as complete too, but I would like it to be approved first cause its my first time doing something like this. I also translated the title differently and I'm not sure which one I should change. If my translation is alright I can register for an earlier volume or continue vol 10.
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Yes. I took a look at it and edited some of it. Alright, you're set :) Hm, I would change my title to match the one on wiki. I don't translate the title, but I copy it instead, since it's how the others translated it. If it's alright, can you help out with volume 5 as well? I can finish up volume 4, hopefully by this week. I think it'd be better if we finish up the earlier volumes before heading on to the later volumes.
gyoku
Kyonist

Post by gyoku »

Ok! :D I guess I'll go ahead and register for 2 chapters of vol 5 for now and see how Ill do. If you dont mind me asking, how do you usually translate? Like what kind of routine do you have?

XD forgot to hit the submit button so kinda late. thought it was being approved or something
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

gyoku wrote:Ok! :D I guess I'll go ahead and register for 2 chapters of vol 5 for now and see how Ill do. If you dont mind me asking, how do you usually translate? Like what kind of routine do you have?

XD forgot to hit the submit button so kinda late. thought it was being approved or something
Hm, I usually translate after I come back from school or studying, so from 7 to 11. I'll use Microsoft Word and type my translated version in. Then I'll double check the terminologies and a few grammatical errors before I post it up. I usually listen to music when I translate- mostly the opening themes of DYD... mainly because it helps me to focus since I wouldn't be distracted by the lyrics, them being in a different language. Then again, it reminds me to be on task :)

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”