Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

All Nighter94
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Denyuuden / Itsuten Recruitment Page

Post by All Nighter94 »

If this thread is still active I would like to be added to the editor's list. The amount of EASY to see errors that were missed...
So many that it was becoming increasingly hard to read. Although i fixed ALL OF THEM that existed in VOL 1 and currently doing volume 2. Although some of them require whole sentences to be restructured so... I'll need to be an offical editor rather then a wanderer.

My Baka Tsuki is the same as my forums user.

-All Night, The Grammar Nazi-

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time.
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Welcome, IShotTheSun, All Nighter94! I apologise for the number of grammar mistakes >< Will try to cut down on it. If there's any sections in the series that seem a little strange, i.e. a sentence that has been translated in a strange manner, don't hesitate to post it on the thread for questions on terminology and translations! Thanks!
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
All Nighter94
Kyonist

Post by All Nighter94 »

I just finished fixing all the grammar, spelling, suffix and prefix errors in volume 1 and 2. On to volume 3 I suppose.
The Grammar Nazi

Saving the internet's spelling and grammar ONE sentence at a time

Editor on Krytykal's translation blog
Panda
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Panda »

Just wondering, but why not use atlas translator and then edit the translation afterwards? That would save you a lot of trouble :D
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Because almost no one would want to go through debris of ugly machine translation. And in Denyuuden/Itsuten case it will be simply pointless.
Try it yourself but do not upload it. You'll see what I mean.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

rock96 wrote:Because almost no one would want to go through debris of ugly machine translation. And in Denyuuden/Itsuten case it will be simply pointless.
Try it yourself but do not upload it. You'll see what I mean.
I second that. And machine translations are simply... um... In any case, there'd be some cases where the translation would turn out strangely (and horribly). I dunno if Google translator can be a case study, but... yeah. I don't think I need to say anything more about that, do I?
redarccoder
Astral Realm

Post by redarccoder »

I can help, so, can you send me some material ?, from volume 1 if possible.

latos1117
Haruhiist Sensei

Post by latos1117 »

redarccoder wrote:I can help, so, can you send me some material ?, from volume 1 if possible.

If you want the material in Japanese i have it for "Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu". but not the Chinese one. If that is the one you need i can send it to you.

Also thanks to everyone that has help to this project. Is something i would love to help somewhere on the near future when i get better at my Japanese. Mean while thanks for all.
Acperience
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Acperience »

Hi--I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, but I'd be interesting in signing up as a translator? I've actually done some translations (mostly for myself since I wasn't too confident about them or sure if I could make a commitment), but now I figured I might as well offer.

Here's a sample, from one of the short stories in Toriaezu (most of my translations can be found on my journal there, but most of them aren't direct or polished translations, so for ease of reference, I just linked to that one).
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Acperience wrote:Hi--I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, but I'd be interesting in signing up as a translator? I've actually done some translations (mostly for myself since I wasn't too confident about them or sure if I could make a commitment), but now I figured I might as well offer.

Here's a sample, from one of the short stories in Toriaezu (most of my translations can be found on my journal there, but most of them aren't direct or polished translations, so for ease of reference, I just linked to that one).

Register on BT wiki, go to the project page and add your name to the translator list. Then you can find the chapter which you want to translate but please read this first before you begin translating.
Acperience
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Acperience »

All right, I added a few short stories/chapters from TDYD and OKYD. Hopefully, there are no problems, aha. I also registered for DDYD Vol. 8 Ch. 1 if that's all right with the current translator(s)?
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Acperience wrote:All right, I added a few short stories/chapters from TDYD and OKYD. Hopefully, there are no problems, aha. I also registered for DDYD Vol. 8 Ch. 1 if that's all right with the current translator(s)?
If no one's signed up for it, then it's definitely all right. Good luck!
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Acperience wrote:All right, I added a few short stories/chapters from TDYD and OKYD. Hopefully, there are no problems, aha. I also registered for DDYD Vol. 8 Ch. 1 if that's all right with the current translator(s)?
You did so much work already. :o
Good luck and have fun, thanks for the translations. :)
sabcia67
Literature Club Member

Post by sabcia67 »

Thanx Acperience for your help :D
I've seen your translations on your profile on dreamwidth.org :D
You are really good :D
„Bo przecież bajki nie powinny się tak kończyć, prawda?”-Prawa i Powinności
"Nie walcz, kiedy nie możesz wygrać"-Tylogia Anioła Nocy
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

It's fine as long as no one else is working on that chapter. Thanks for the contribution!

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”