Candidate Vote for New Sub-Forum [Poll]

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Which Series do you think requires this forum?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 am

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
13%
High School DxD
29%
Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
13%
Haganai
8%
Infinite Stratos
8%
Campione!
4%
Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu
16%
Golden Time
1%
Monogatari series
9%

Total votes: 77

Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Candidate Vote for New Sub-Forum [Poll]

Post by Kadi »

onizuka-gto wrote:
larethian wrote:What would it take to get Denyuuden removed from this subforum? It's affecting my mood and enthusiasm to translate, badly.

And why is a thread that I created for getting feedback deleted?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4736
I'm sorry to hear that Larethian, I'am as always, welcome to hear your grievances, however i cannot guarantee that any appeal to revoke this decision will be successful.

As mentioned above, i have merged the topic with a similar one, it's objective as a feedback remains the same.
I can understand if larethian wants to keep the discussions for the completed volumes separated. That way people can talk freely about all the earlier volumes without having to worry about spoiling people. So if it's technically possible, where's the problem with just un-merging them?

And what about removing DenYuuDen/DaiDen from this forum? Or is that what "this decision" is about? If that's the case, you should've thought about it earlier. It was clear from the very beginning that DenYuuDen and ItsuTen had to be together, but somehow it got ignored...
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

How about a rearrangement then? Should be fun as long as the nominated ones all get a place in the main page, right?

Though I guess that the only way that we will have to make Itsuten would be by a poll.

My recommendation would be throwing DxD with Haruka, letting us poll again for a new project with DenYuuDen.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

One thing I can think of is that we have two projects for each subforum instead of one, so it'll be a reshuffling. Another will be to add Itsuten into this subforum, and relocate Papakiki into another one to be fair. Third is to leave it alone (I'm personally fine with that) ...Or a fourth option will be to relocate all the projects I'm working/used to work on into one sub-forum...

Personally, I don't like the idea of having one series occupy one subforum, but I think the only exception we can grant is CLANNAD since it's impossible to merge that with anything else.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Teh_ping wrote: Personally, I don't like the idea of having one series occupy one subforum, but I think the only exception we can grant is CLANNAD since it's impossible to merge that with anything else.
ZnT and Shana have enough materials though, I think.
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

onizuka-gto wrote:
larethian wrote:What would it take to get Denyuuden removed from this subforum? It's affecting my mood and enthusiasm to translate, badly.

And why is a thread that I created for getting feedback deleted?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4736
I'm sorry to hear that Larethian, I'am as always, welcome to hear your grievances, however i cannot guarantee that any appeal to revoke this decision will be successful.

As mentioned above, i have merged the topic with a similar one, it's objective as a feedback remains the same.
Uhm, that wasnt really the same theme. There is a difference between the old Teaser Feedback thread and a feedback thread for just one chapter...

Because of that its back only without the poll - Larethian you would have to recreate the poll. But the old Discussion thread should be merged with the old Teaser Feedback thread, because the Teaser Feedback thread has the better Feedback poll. ;) The only questions remaining: With the English title or with the Romanji title... and could we have this series together with its sequel?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Well if you are going to put "Densetsu no Yuusha no Deensetsu" and "Itsuka tenma no Kuro Usagi" together, how about we name the new sub-forum into "Kagami series"?
That way the name will be simplified and you can include other LN such as "Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu", "Toriaezu Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu", "Ochita Kuroi Yūsha no Densetsu" and "Kurenai Gekkou no Seitokaishitsu" in it. It sounds natural since it is written by the same author and they even had a cross-over OVA for the two series.

Also about DxD sub-forum, how about we move it back to the Auxiliary Brigades sub-forum for now, and merge it with another LN once another popular LN which is similar to DxD appears? There are anime coming based on LN next season like "Dakara Boku wa H ga dekinai" and "Hagure Yuusha". I'm sure one of them will get very popular once it starts. So we could make a sub-forum after that. DxD isnt ending anytime soon so there is no need to be feel rushed about it.

"Dakara Boku wa H ga dekinai" is actually easy to match up with DxD for few reasons.
-Both serialized by Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
-Both Heroine Red hair chick from a noble household
-Both ecchi
-Both MC are hentai and both their energy are operated by sex-drive
-Also when the DxD anime ended there was an article between the two. "DxD to H ga dekinai, Red hair to Red hair, Big breast to small breast, Rias to Lisara".
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Code-Zero wrote: "Dakara Boku wa H ga dekinai" is actually easy to match up with DxD for few reasons.
-Both serialized by Fujimi Fantasia Bunko
-Both Heroine Red hair chick from a noble household
-Both ecchi
-Both MC are hentai and both their energy are operated by sex-drive
-Also when the DxD anime ended there was an article between the two. "DxD to H ga dekinai, Red hair to Red hair, Big breast to small breast, Rias to Lisara".
We'll probably need a poll for this though. But I like the idea. :D
Kira0802

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

But still both series would have their own series thread - so the question remains for now: Should we keep the English name of the original dicussion thread or should we use the Romaji form of the old teaser feedback thread, when we merge both into the old feedback thread, because of its better feedback options?

What's your opinion?

Darklor

Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

How about we use Romaji then.
It would be easier that way since it will be still correct eitherway.
personally I like the romaji name of it.

It seems like sub-forums should include series and be paired with ones which are similar.
Also how about we combine ZnT and SnS together. Series like SAO and TMnI which are more updated and popular shares forum with other projects. That way we can have one additional space for up-coming series or space for different LN in the future.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

The reason for the creation of double series subforums was that a series alone didnt had enough content to justify a own subforum with just one to three threads. ZnT and SnS have so many threads that there they can have their solo subforums without any complains.

Btw. I think also that if a series of the double tags generate enough threads that a own subforum would be justified it should get it also.

Also there is that: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4489

Ah, uhm Larethian maybe you should ask the big boss himself for a own subforum for your series?

Darklor

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Darklor wrote: Also there is that: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4489
Holy shit. I totally forgot that thing.
Kira0802

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Gakkari!

Post by larethian »

Well, I have nothing much to say except that I have lost the will to translate the Kagami's series. Originally, I wanted to zip through the rest of Itsuten's volumes by the end of the year, but I've given up and will be retiring with immediate effect.

I remembered briefly that about a year ago, I've talked about how to generate discussion content and a somewhat symbiotic relationship between having a place to discuss and having things to discuss. With other outreach methods like facebook, this has become more viable. But I'm not going to dig up my posts or rewrite some ideas and go into that anymore. Moreover, if one bothers to examine all the current existing standalone subforums carefully, the point about having enough threads and discussion content becomes moot. If you count the total number of posts of a few of the standalone subforums in its entirety (all the posts of the different threads in the entire subforum), they number less than the total number of posts of some of the single project threads in the aux brigade! And I believe many of these single threads in the aux brigade could have splitable content, but everyone just lump everything into the 'single' thread, because all the project threads exist in one subforum so it becomes messy to split them up, or no one is willing to start a new thread because they are conservative and don't want to go outside the 'norm' behavior, or just for convenience sake. In short, 'content justifying subforum existence' point does not stand well. Content can be automatically 'encouraged' in an implicit manner if the organization of the forums encourage it. This may not be always true but it will be for certain more popular series, so it can be a 'hit or miss' thing. But overall, at this point in time, I feel that it is the organization of the forums that's limiting the quantity and type of content, or encouraging to place 'all talk into one thread', and if this in turns lead to 'not having enough content' to justify subforums, it becomes a vicious cycle. Of course, I'm just stating my belief from my observations and my primitive knowledge on psychology and human behavior, and in no way asserting that this is as true as the law of gravity.

Anyway, I've always held this belief since a long time ago so this is not really the main point that's bothering me and demoralizing me or it would have been so a long time ago. The main point that's bothering me is having DYD grouped together with DxD. They may seem similar in abbreviation, but they are way too different (no offense, Code-Zero :lol: ). Btw, Code-Zero, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, but unfortunately no one is working on H-dekinai series. Also, you seem to understand my series so I'm grateful. The fact that this subforum carries the name "Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu" rather than "Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu Series" and the fact the 'legend of the legendary heroes' thread was not moved (until I just did) illustrates that there is a lack of understanding of the series, which resulted in a lack of understanding of the compatibility issues between DYD and DxD and the strong compatibility between DYD and Itsuten, which despite not being among the most popular series on BT, are both active and growing stronger bit by bit, little by little (a function that depends on my activity - I could bring them to greater heights if only I have more time). Since it was DYD who brought me here and it was I who brought DYD here as well, so as to speak, you can imagine my 'anguish' at seeing DYD grouped together with DxD (I'm sorry if this offends Code-Zero again). Thanks to stupid Zexcs and their shitty fan-service Itsuten adaptation, there are some trolls who are under the impression that Itsuten is like DxD but has a lousier storyline when it's nowhere like DxD and it actually has plenty of mind-f*** stuff happening later. Anyway, I'm getting out of point.

I never intended to rant or post anything (if not for Seitsuki forcing me to log in to answer his question on Mahouka). And it's because I've already spoken my mind pages back and on a number of occasions and I just don't want to bother repeating them again and again. Of course, I'm not blaming anyone. I know everyone has real-lives like me, but still, the forum has too many occupants and series and has become too unwieldy for only 2 administrators who login once in a blue moon to administer. A few of my messages on other project administration matters have either been missed, ignored or forgotten. But never mind, I'm not going to translate Kagami's series anymore. Not in the near future anyway.

Jeez, I never intended to write such a long post...... Just 1 last brief announcement (I'll make a proper one in future in a more suitable thread), even in my retirement, I have the urge to translate every now and then (but no more Kagami series for me, at least not in the near future), so I've started a translation blog using wordpress for "Otaria". As to why, I'll give the details later. But anyway, it can be said to be a 'leisure out of leisure' kind of thing. I'll be really taking my time with it and focusing on quality (in fact, I've already gotten a capable proofer/editor) and it will be the one and only leisure series I'm doing (slowly). It won't be opened till I'm back from Melbourne (which means late June or July). I intend to let BT link to it, and only allow copying-pasting 2 months after a chapter is up. I'll be enjoying working on it and customizing my site (hopefully). I won't be posting on BT forums much, though I don't mind helping to administer the wiki if my help is needed and if I'm allowed to continue to do so. So that's all for now.
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

Lol. Yeah I love Kagami's work. Though I have read Kurousagi volume 1 only, so I should start again.

Enjoy Melbourne Larethian! :D
I'm sorry to hear that you might b leaving us. Hope you get the energy back to translate at BT again :D
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Gakkari!

Post by Darklor »

larethian wrote: I remembered briefly that about a year ago, I've talked about how to generate discussion content and a somewhat symbiotic relationship between having a place to discuss and having things to discuss. With other outreach methods like facebook, this has become more viable. But I'm not going to dig up my posts or rewrite some ideas and go into that anymore. Moreover, if one bothers to examine all the current existing standalone subforums carefully, the point about having enough threads and discussion content becomes moot. If you count the total number of posts of a few of the standalone subforums in its entirety (all the posts of the different threads in the entire subforum), they number less than the total number of posts of some of the single project threads in the aux brigade! And I believe many of these single threads in the aux brigade could have splitable content, but everyone just lump everything into the 'single' thread, because all the project threads exist in one subforum so it becomes messy to split them up, or no one is willing to start a new thread because they are conservative and don't want to go outside the 'norm' behavior, or just for convenience sake. In short, 'content justifying subforum existence' point does not stand well. Content can be automatically 'encouraged' in an implicit manner if the organization of the forums encourage it. This may not be always true but it will be for certain more popular series, so it can be a 'hit or miss' thing. But overall, at this point in time, I feel that it is the organization of the forums that's limiting the quantity and type of content, or encouraging to place 'all talk into one thread', and if this in turns lead to 'not having enough content' to justify subforums, it becomes a vicious cycle. Of course, I'm just stating my belief from my observations and my primitive knowledge on psychology and human behavior, and in no way asserting that this is as true as the law of gravity.
Thats one of the reason why I have initiated some of those "Names and Terminology" threads in the Aux brigades... ;) (and have also added the thank you threads to the new subforums)

I have also propagated the possibility of the creation of new series specific threads in the Aux brigades section - (to increase the possibility of the creation of new series specific subforums), but with thelastguardians offer that every Series can have its own series specific subforum, if the translator asks for it, I thought it has become somehow a moot point...
larethian wrote: Anyway, I've always held this belief since a long time ago so this is not really the main point that's bothering me and demoralizing me or it would have been so a long time ago. The main point that's bothering me is having DYD grouped together with DxD. They may seem similar in abbreviation, but they are way too different (no offense, Code-Zero :lol: ). Btw, Code-Zero, your suggestion makes a lot of sense, but unfortunately no one is working on H-dekinai series. Also, you seem to understand my series so I'm grateful. The fact that this subforum carries the name "Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu" rather than "Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu Series" and the fact the 'legend of the legendary heroes' thread was not moved (until I just did) illustrates that there is a lack of understanding of the series, which resulted in a lack of understanding of the compatibility issues between DYD and DxD and the strong compatibility between DYD and Itsuten, which despite not being among the most popular series on BT, are both active and growing stronger bit by bit, little by little (a function that depends on my activity - I could bring them to greater heights if only I have more time). Since it was DYD who brought me here and it was I who brought DYD here as well, so as to speak, you can imagine my 'anguish' at seeing DYD grouped together with DxD (I'm sorry if this offends Code-Zero again). Thanks to stupid Zexcs and their shitty fan-service Itsuten adaptation, there are some trolls who are under the impression that Itsuten is like DxD but has a lousier storyline when it's nowhere like DxD and it actually has plenty of mind-f*** stuff happening later. Anyway, I'm getting out of point.
So, have you asked the big boss himself, if those series could be regrouped together?

Darklor

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”