Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Volume 4 Discussion

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kuroshiki
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Volume 4 Discussion

Post by Kuroshiki »

[MOD EDIT]
New discussion thread created for Dai Densetu no Yuusha no Densetsu Volume 4.
Please don't discuss events or subject matter of future volumes.
Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.

- larethian
----------

Thanks Akirina !
Oh and ... is the interlude of vol4 important ? Or can I skip it to read the first two chapters :?:
Last edited by arczyx on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing Typo on Topic Title
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Re: Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

Post by Akirina »

Kuroshiki wrote:Thanks Akirina !
Oh and ... is the interlude of vol4 important ? Or can I skip it to read the first two chapters :?:
Larethian did say that it was about Riphal. It doesn't affect the two chapters, though.
Eh, she retired from translating? Then what about Sion Note... :( As for which series I'm translating, I'll be working on both DYD and DDYD. I'm switching back to translating DYD for the moment.
Well, larethian is working on it too, so it's not only just me :) There are two other translators, though...
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
Cryum
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cryum »

that was an incredible chapter. Ryner is gonna have a hell of a time catching up in terms of knowing what the hell is actually happening. Is he more powerful though? It looks like even though Lucile spent most of his time powering up, Ryner is just as, if not more powerful. Aren't they two halves of the same being?
If you got sick of the world, and made it better to gain some peace of mind, would you be selfish or selfless?
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Cryum wrote:that was an incredible chapter. Ryner is gonna have a hell of a time catching up in terms of knowing what the hell is actually happening. Is he more powerful though? It looks like even though Lucile spent most of his time powering up, Ryner is just as, if not more powerful. Aren't they two halves of the same being?
Yup :) Well, in Volume 6, Ryner will catch up. I'm putting the rest as spoiler just in case. Well, I'm translating just as I read, so it remains to be seen whether Ryner will be more powerful later. ><
Spoiler! :
Well, Ryner is 'Ryner Reed' and Lucile is 'Eris Reed'. They are two parts of the same being although Lucile is more powerful as of now because he has been absorbing the powers of his prey for a longer time. It seems as if Ryner is destined to be the main body of the Lonely Demon. Of course, this was mentioned in Human Alpha...
Kuroshiki
Literature Club Member

Post by Kuroshiki »

Oh just finished reading the first two chapters ... a lot of things happened ... i'm a bit lost with this story of Goddesses, Other World, Hero and Demon ...
Can someone make a little summary of what we know about that story ??
short username
Astral Realm

Post by short username »

I've just read chapter 1 and 2 of volume 4, and I have a question

Is "Goddess of Unsurpassed Vileness" the same as "Goddess of Nothingness", just different translations or 2 different beings?

The passage in chapter 2 stated "She said that the Solver of all Equations and the Goddess of Unsurpassed Vileness had met", but what Ryner just met in chapter 1 was called Goddess of Nothingness according to himself.

ps. 10 minutes trying to answer questions
"Out of all the languages we provide on the Wiki, which one is not a naturally evolved one?"
naturally evolved one??? what...? 20 tries to finally get "Light novels are from..." only to mess up with "username too long" and "japan" is still wrong...
Akirina

Re: Dai Densetu no Yuusha no Densetsu: Volume 4 Discussion

Post by Akirina »

short username wrote:I've just read chapter 1 and 2 of volume 4, and I have a question

Is "Goddess of Unsurpassed Vileness" the same as "Goddess of Nothingness", just different translations or 2 different beings?

The passage in chapter 2 stated "She said that the Solver of all Equations and the Goddess of Unsurpassed Vileness had met", but what Ryner just met in chapter 1 was called Goddess of Nothingness according to himself.
Oops! Goddess of Nothingness was the term I put originally, but it's not really accurate. I'll go change it when I update DYD and DDYD. It's supposed to be Goddess of Unsurpassed Vileness or Goddess of Gross Innards... but I decided to use Unsurpassed Vileness because it sounded nicer, right? However, this term may be changed somewhere in the future because we haven't decided on it's proper translation yet...
short username wrote: ps. 10 minutes trying to answer questions
"Out of all the languages we provide on the Wiki, which one is not a naturally evolved one?"
naturally evolved one??? what...? 20 tries to finally get "Light novels are from..." only to mess up with "username too long" and "japan" is still wrong...
Aha, I went through that trouble too. I think there was a question on what topic was first in the BT page...

Kuroshiki, have you read Sion Note translated by DeFade? It's below DDYD on BT wiki page. It helps if you want to know about what happened in the past.
Pryun
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Pryun »

short username wrote:I've just read chapter 1 and 2 of volume 4, and I have a question

ps. 10 minutes trying to answer questions
The answer is esperanto, btw, as it was created.
Kuroshiki
Literature Club Member

Post by Kuroshiki »

Akirina : No I didn't ... I will read them :mrgreen:
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

OK :) I think chapter 3 will be up some time later tonight, I hope... for DDYD volume 4.
Spoiler! :
Prepare to cry.
Kuroshiki
Literature Club Member

Post by Kuroshiki »

OMG you are so fast Akirina o_o
I'm gonna read this as soon as i can !
Already Waiting for Volume 5 ( and the Interlude of v4 too ... so that we can have the full PDFs for Vol 4 :mrgreen: )
sabcia66
Astral Realm

Post by sabcia66 »

Thank you Akirina! I really love you and your translations
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Lol, the reason why I'm updating so quickly is because there may not be any updates for the next month or so... I'm having exams in Oct&Nov, so I most likely wouldn't be updating then. On another side note, we have a new translator, gyoku so there will be some updates from the other translators while I'm away.
Glad you enjoyed it!
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Kuroshiki wrote:OMG you are so fast Akirina o_o
I'm gonna read this as soon as i can !
Already Waiting for Volume 5 ( and the Interlude of v4 too ... so that we can have the full PDFs for Vol 4 :mrgreen: )
We've started translating Volume 5 :) Prologue and chapter 1 are up.
sabcia67
Astral Realm

Re: Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Volume 4 Discussion

Post by sabcia67 »

You will return, right? After you pass the exams?

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”