Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Volume 4 Discussion

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shiganami.ai
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Dai Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu : Volume 4 Discussion

Post by shiganami.ai »

Akirina wrote:
shiganami.ai wrote:
Yup. Uh, I can't really tell how long I've been taking it, perhaps 16 years? After all, chinese and english are the two languages that we learn in school. However, I still prefer english over chinese... must be because I used to read many english books.
Oh, so you'd been studying it since childhood? Awesome! The only thing I'm fluent with Chinese is the dialect. Heard of Teochew dialect? :lol:

Me too, I prefer english as well. Most books I have at home are in english, so I'm more used to it compared to any other languages I know. :mrgreen:
Hitagi Tsundere

What's flooded above and on fire below?
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

Yes, I've heard of it. My father knows how to speak it, I think. My mother speaks cantonese. But I've never learnt the dialects.
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

btw, Akirina, if you want to finish the prologue, please feel free. I haven't really done much. and I'll be hardly active until next year. and if I do become a little active next year, I would want to focus on Itsuten, since I'm practically the only one doing it (with occasional contributions from Cosmic_Eagle). While Itsuten may not be as epic as Denyuuden yet in terms of background details and other stuff, it's a shame that there's hardly anyone interested in working on it, since the series is no less epic than Denyuuden in terms of story. Glad to have you and other new blood in this project.
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

larethian wrote:btw, Akirina, if you want to finish the prologue, please feel free. I haven't really done much. and I'll be hardly active until next year. and if I do become a little active next year, I would want to focus on Itsuten, since I'm practically the only one doing it (with occasional contributions from Cosmic_Eagle). While Itsuten may not be as epic as Denyuuden yet in terms of background details and other stuff, it's a shame that there's hardly anyone interested in working on it, since the series is no less epic than Denyuuden in terms of story. Glad to have you and other new blood in this project.
Ok, I'll see if I can translate it after November. Hm, Itsuten, huh.... I've read the summary. Seems interesting but not really quite my type. But if I have the time, I might pick up a chapter or two for it. Yeah, it's good to have gyoku and the other translators working on DYD. Although I'm hoping that more translators will have an interest in translating it too... :)
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Whew, it's completed. Volume 4 interlude is done.
sabcia67
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by sabcia67 »

Wow :D Thanks :D
„Bo przecież bajki nie powinny się tak kończyć, prawda?”-Prawa i Powinności
"Nie walcz, kiedy nie możesz wygrać"-Tylogia Anioła Nocy
crd2091
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by crd2091 »

Thanks you for your work and Cant wait to read more
Does anyone know when the eye evolve?Rule Fragment .
Nozmax
Astral Realm

Post by Nozmax »

Hello,
I have make a PDF of this volume, here the link : I hope that it will please you and : Thanks for the translation !
ioan91
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ioan91 »

hi,

i really want to start reading this series as i loved the anime. my only concern is that the anime got really confusing towards the end and i got the feeling it was leaving a lot of information out.

the stuff involving the kings split personalities and ryner going into that crazy other world didnt make any sense. plus his childhood friend who was captured in another kingdom probably could have had more screentime?

is the first series still going to be translated, is the second series still actively being translated?

also, if i am to start reading from the second series, is there anywhere i can go to fill in the details missed from the anime?
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

ioan91 wrote:hi,

i really want to start reading this series as i loved the anime. my only concern is that the anime got really confusing towards the end and i got the feeling it was leaving a lot of information out.

the stuff involving the kings split personalities and ryner going into that crazy other world didnt make any sense. plus his childhood friend who was captured in another kingdom probably could have had more screentime?

is the first series still going to be translated, is the second series still actively being translated?

also, if i am to start reading from the second series, is there anywhere i can go to fill in the details missed from the anime?
Um... According to larethian (I think), yes, there are some parts in the novel that were left out from the anime. I'm not sure about which parts were left out because I haven't finished reading the first series myself. DYD is being translated, but I'm not going to be very active because I need to deal with my school life. At the latest, I may be only able to translate in December. There's another translator who has started, but I'm not sure where he/she is picking up the series from. If you really need the details from DYD, then you'll have to wait for a little while for the chapters to be translated, before you move on to the second series. Also, you can post questions on the discussion threads if you're unsure about what's going on. We'll try to answer your questions the best we can. Hope this helps!
Acperience
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Acperience »

ioan91 wrote:hi,

To add onto what Akirina said: from what I can tell, the anime left/heavily shortened some things, yeah, though I'd say most of the more complicated explanations (regarding Sion and the world backstory, etc.) are mostly in Sion Note and OKYD rather than the first series. It'd also be helpful going into the second series having read parts of TDYD, mainly for the introductions of certain characters like Vois, Pia, Peria, and Zohra (except we don't have any of Vois's TDYD scenes translated currently, though I might do them eventually in the future).

And as a note, for the first series, I'm picking up from Vol. 7.
ioan91
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ioan91 »

thanks for the reply.

if there are plans for the whole series to be translated eventually then i'll happily wait to enjoy it all to the maximum. unfortunately we do have school and lives to participate in so no worries, my school work takes a heavy hit whenever i start a new novel series, anime or manga.
ioan91
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ioan91 »

is there an easier to read version of the authors recommended reading order? its just some of the titles on the authors list dont match up with the titles on baka. also where do sions notes come in to it?
Acperience
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Acperience »

ioan91 wrote:is there an easier to read version of the authors recommended reading order? its just some of the titles on the authors list dont match up with the titles on baka. also where do sions notes come in to it?
The author's list is essentially this:

DYD 1, DYD 2, TDYD 1, TDYD 2, DYD 3, TDYD 3, TDYD 4, DYD 4, TDYD 5, TDYD 6, DYD 5, TDYD 7, TDYD 8, DYD 6, DYD 7, DYD 8, DYD 9, DYD 10, TDYD 9, TDYD 10, TDYD 11, DYD 11.

Sion Note should be read around the end of DYD. OKYD should be read alongside DDYD or at least after DYD for similar reasons to Sion Note. In terms of what's been translated, I'd say that OKYD 1 and OKYD 2 (which I'm slowly working on) should probably be read sometime before DDYD 9 (once we get there), as it contains some relevant information for Luke's past. OKYD 5 aka Lucile's past, similarly, should be read before getting too far into DDYD, though it doesn't matter too much.

Hope this helps! Sorry if it's confusing.
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Sion Note occurs somewhere between DYD 10 and DYD 11, if I'm not wrong.

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”