Denyuuden: Questions on translations, terminology, etc.

General discussion related to Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Denyuuden: Questions on translations, terminology, etc.

Post by larethian »

As topic title.
Akirina
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Re: Denyuuden: Questions on translations, terminology, etc.

Post by Akirina »

Found this in Vol. 5, it isn't really recurring in the volume, I think but I popped up in chapters 1&2.
艾隆神都
From what I found, 神都 is a bit like a capital so I'm pretty sure what I translated 艾隆神都 in v5c1 is wrong. :oops:
Sing the praise of heroes, curse the names of the betrayers...
This is the way how history is written.
gyoku
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by gyoku »

Isnt that エロン神都: Divine City of Elon? I didnt see it in vol5c1 though
Also when referring to the major powers in the middle continent, is it a title? 三大国 Like, should it be capitalized? and is it the three major powers or the three major countries?

edit: might add some more later too but also
反ローランド連合(軍): Anti-Roland Coalition <-- do I add army if its has (軍)
(傭兵団)蒼の公主: Azure Princess Mercenaries <--- and do leave the name of the group as the Azure Princess?
Akirina
Favourite Light Novel: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu, Shounen Onmyouji, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Rental Magica

Post by Akirina »

gyoku wrote:Isnt that エロン神都: Divine City of Elon? I didnt see it in vol5c1 though
Also when referring to the major powers in the middle continent, is it a title? 三大国 Like, should it be capitalized? and is it the three major powers or the three major countries?

(傭兵団)蒼の公主: Azure Princess Mercenaries <--- and do leave the name of the group as the Azure Princess?
For the first, yes, add army if it has that. Yeah, the name is Azure Princess. You don't have to refer to it as Azure Princess Mercenaries the whole time.
Really? Ah, yes, it is. Oh gosh, did wrong translation. I'm going to change that quickly... Yes, it's found in vol5c2. Hm, I think the three major powers sounds nicer. I translated it as the Three States, though.

edit: I found it c2. But I'm sure I encountered it somewhere earlier...
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

先天性魔导异常

gyoku, does this term pop up in your chapter? I saw it in vol 4 c3... I translated it as Anomaly of Magical Conductivity. Any other suggestions?
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

gyoku wrote:Isnt that エロン神都: Divine City of Elon? I didnt see it in vol5c1 though

You can add the army if needed. Azure Princess refers to Pia herself. Her mercenary group refers to her army, so they are different things. 3 Great Kingdoms. They are true kingdoms after all. Previously I kind of copy the terminology from the jp wiki, and I guess some proper update is due.
gyoku
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by gyoku »

先天性魔道異常 ---> Congenital Magic Abnormality maybe?
I was thinking it could be still be understood that Pia is The Azure Princess and her group is the Azure Princess. So the guys from the "Azure Princess" follow the orders of the Azure Princess that calls herself the queen.

edit: yes! finally no posting lag— I mean, how should カザール・セルエス Kazaaru Seruesu be spelled? Cazaal Celuis?
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I won't be able to help much because I'll be on a series of business trips. Just make do with whatever provisional and we can discuss later if needed.
*shrug* I will spell it as Khazaal Selues perhaps.
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

Is DeFade going to post Sion Note 8? Because I found Sion Note, so I was thinking I could finish translating it...
Akirina

Post by Akirina »

I'm somehow getting the feeling that I translated something wrongly...is 司祭 the same as 祭祀?

Return to “Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu & Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi”