High School DxD BorN Episode Discussion

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

High School DxD BorN Episode Discussion

Post by IndividualEleven »

So the Third Season of High School DxD has begun and I thought it would be a good idea to start a Topic and discuss with everyone what they thought about the episode and if they enjoyed it or didn't enjoy it. Let me know what you guys thought about the episode and discuss future episodes.
daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: High School DxD BorN Episode Discussion

Post by daoquangduc »

Oh, it is my first time to see this post :)
Well, I am a fan of High School DxD and always enjoy reading the Light novel, of course. The 3rd season anime now has reached episode 5, right? And it has covered up to the end of volume 5 ... Although there is something quite different from the orders of events in the Light novel, I think this adaptation is really impressive, because it still convey the main stream of the story to the viewers, at least in my point of view.
And to the newest episode, as a Marvel Universe fan, I'm really interested in seeing the Mjonir hammer used by Thor and Odin, as well as watching Loki as an Evil God, with the desire for power of Ragnarok (the name of Thor movie 3 upcoming). High School DxD is supposed to be involved almost in the world of Gods in this third season, so it is really exciting to look forward to the next episodes.

P/s: Akeno is so cute recently !!
Unkalibriert
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unkalibriert »

Volume 5 of the novel was only used in the first two episodes, so not even half of volume 5 was finished. Then the episodes jumped to volume 7 and concluded the story around Loki and the northern mythology - skipping lots of things, for example cooperation of Vali and Issei or the Serei of Chichigami-sama. Next up seems volume six's story about Asia.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Unkalibriert wrote:Volume 5 of the novel was only used in the first two episodes, so not even half of volume 5 was finished. Then the episodes jumped to volume 7 and concluded the story around Loki and the northern mythology - skipping lots of things, for example cooperation of Vali and Issei or the Serei of Chichigami-sama. Next up seems volume six's story about Asia.
From what I have seen of the anime they have replaced the Gremory vs. Sitri battle with them fighting Loki, this was so they show the abilities if the Sitri members. Now the Vali team 'interferes' in that battle by stealing Fenrir using the special chains. Basicaly this mixes Vols 5 and 7 together and changing the story line some what. Because in the novel the Vali team actualy teams up with Rias and Sona to attack Loki and during that fight the take Fenrir instead of the way it is done in the anime. although it is still good would have meant that there would be less novels covered this season.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
IndividualEleven
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by IndividualEleven »

I agree with both of you in which yes i think they are moving quite fast. A little too fast and skipping a lot of things and everyone who doesnt read the LN will kinda get confused at whats going on.
daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by daoquangduc »

However, by the way of making 12 episodes for this 3rd season, they have done a quite good work until now for covering the Light novels in this new way, but of course, confusing for us readers.
Oh dear, really wish if only they would do 24 episodes instead of only 12, haha :D

Return to “High School DxD”