reading the light novels and all the side stories in order

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ofersai3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

reading the light novels and all the side stories in order

Post by ofersai3 »

The question in the title. I wanna start reading this great story but because all the short stories and i am sure get lost mid way so please help and the chronological order of this story thank you
zxzxzx
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD
Campione!
Date A Live
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
many more...

Re: reading the light novels and all the side stories in ord

Post by zxzxzx »

The main volumes go from volumes 1 to 21, except for 8, 13 and half of 15. Volumes 1 to 21+ are intended to be read chronologically, whereas volumes 8 and 13 can be read along with the main volumes, or afterwards, whatever suits you. Personally, I'd read the volumes from 1 to 21 in that order as that's how they were released. The stories compiled in DX1 have some variance. If you want to read the whole DX1 volume at once, do it after volume 19, otherwise, each of the stories are set as follows:

Life.1 Abduction EROǃ - After v7
Life.2 Ultimateǃǃ Onii-chan Mask - After v9
Life.3 Stop!! Yuuto-kun! - After v7
Life.4 Records of Chichiryuutei's Pleasure Adventure - After v9
Life.5 Love Song to the Reincarnated Angel - After v12
Life.6 Let's Go to Onsen - After v13
Extra Life. Phoenix of the Battle School Building DX? - During v19
please notice me, senpai!
ofersai3
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ofersai3 »

zxzxzx wrote:The main volumes go from volumes 1 to 21, except for 8, 13 and half of 15. Volumes 1 to 21+ are intended to be read chronologically, whereas volumes 8 and 13 can be read along with the main volumes, or afterwards, whatever suits you. Personally, I'd read the volumes from 1 to 21 in that order as that's how they were released. The stories compiled in DX1 have some variance. If you want to read the whole DX1 volume at once, do it after volume 19, otherwise, each of the stories are set as follows:

Life.1 Abduction EROǃ - After v7
Life.2 Ultimateǃǃ Onii-chan Mask - After v9
Life.3 Stop!! Yuuto-kun! - After v7
Life.4 Records of Chichiryuutei's Pleasure Adventure - After v9
Life.5 Love Song to the Reincarnated Angel - After v12
Life.6 Let's Go to Onsen - After v13
Extra Life. Phoenix of the Battle School Building DX? - During v19
Thank you.
Can you please list the chapters of the side volumes (vol 8, 13, and 15) too please? it will realy help me thank you
zxzxzx
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD
Campione!
Date A Live
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
many more...

Post by zxzxzx »

ofersai3 wrote: Thank you.
Can you please list the chapters of the side volumes (vol 8, 13, and 15) too please? it will realy help me thank you
The chapter can be found on the High School DxD Baka-Tsuki page right? I don't remember when they're set, but reading them in that order doesn't hurt.
please notice me, senpai!

Return to “High School DxD”