High School DxD

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find reading High School DxD ?

It was good! Please do more!
99%
It was interesting.
1%
Not as good as I thought.
0%
Boring. Not touching it again.
0%

Total votes: 6821

hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: High School DxD

Post by hayashi_s »

Gigaknight wrote:
veritatis cupitor wrote:let's not think what other editors are doing. they may be busy with real life.
This is superficially sound reasoning. However, it is not an excuse to ignore the fact that they are registered editors. What they do off the site--whether it is what keeps them away or not--is immaterial and, indeed, should not be spoken of. It's not our business. But what they do for the DxD novel as registered editors is not beyond discussion, nor should it be.
veritatis cupitor wrote:let's do what we can do without swaying from code-zero's guidelines.
What are those guidelines? The inapplicable ones on the guideline page or the unwritten ones that produced the aforementioned poor grammatical quality?
Grammar rules are rules, not guidelines you follow when you feel like it. If an editor is not contributing then it's the project supervisor/manager's job to remove the deadwood.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

Sure, on one hand, rules are rules, but I think the question on all our minds is... are there hats?

"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

Do not make me bring in bill nye the science guy to prove you wrong
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
kizrock94
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: To Aru Majutsu no Index
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

I hope this series will not go down under
This is my favorite light novel and I want to read more about it
Hopefully Code Zero will return or someone else will take over this for him
Hello................Bye
rogeripher
Astral Realm

Post by rogeripher »

Unfortunately, per Code Zero blog, he will be start do the translation on 21st of November.
Shuzero
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool DxD
Oreshura
Date A Live
Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukanai (Haganai)
Shinmai maou no Keiyakusha

Post by Shuzero »

rogeripher wrote:Unfortunately, per Code Zero blog, he will be start do the translation on 21st of November.
Ah, thanks for the news update. Well, atleast we know that he's alive and the project will resume.
kizrock94
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

rogeripher wrote:Unfortunately, per Code Zero blog, he will be start do the translation on 21st of November.
Your news just rejuvinated me
Thanks a bunch
Hello................Bye
kizrock94
Campione

Post by kizrock94 »

I just heard that High School DxD volume 19 will be out this Nov 20th
Hope Code Zero would translate that too
Hello................Bye
Aiel
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Aiel »

Well, he said he will do it on his blog
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

It appears that Code-zero is alive and well and nothing horrible happened to him in that period of radio silence.
He also made a very entertaining post in his blog. I would also have the same reaction after so much mail
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
suou
Astral Realm

Post by suou »

vol 19 is out.At last,Shiva has come :lol:
Gigaknight
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gigaknight »

hayashi_s wrote: Grammar rules are rules, not guidelines you follow when you feel like it. If an editor is not contributing then it's the project supervisor/manager's job to remove the deadwood.
Agreed. There's not much for me to say that hasn't been said already, after this quote of yours.

All that's left is to see how things go, henceforth--especially with the recent resumption of the project.
AsurasXnight
Astral Realm

Post by AsurasXnight »

House of Phenex → House of Phoenix
Not a good Idea. Phenex is already correct since it refers to a Great Marquis of Hell. One of the 72 demons controlled by King Solomon. All of the demon noble families in the series are based off of those demons. The 72 pillars are based off of that. They are all part of the Lesser Key of Solomon. Phoenix is still correct, but Phenex spelling is closely related to a demon in the Lesser Key of Solomon and the Phoenix spelling refers to mythological creature in Greek myth that is not exactly a demon.
Gary29
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gary29 »

AsurasXnight wrote:House of Phenex → House of Phoenix
Not a good Idea. Phenex is already correct since it refers to a Great Marquis of Hell. One of the 72 demons controlled by King Solomon. All of the demon noble families in the series are based off of those demons. The 72 pillars are based off of that. They are all part of the Lesser Key of Solomon. Phoenix is still correct, but Phenex spelling is closely related to a demon in the Lesser Key of Solomon and the Phoenix spelling refers to mythological creature in Greek myth that is not exactly a demon.
True, true. However, the anime uses Phoenix, so I believe it was decided to go with that. Ishibumi did take part in the anime's production, after all.
Kemm
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kemm »

Check out first ending (StudyxStudy), around the middle. When Ravel and Grayfia appear, on the background it says "Ravel Phoenix" (also Grayfia's name and surname).

Return to “High School DxD”