High School DxD Vol. 1-17 + SS (PDF)

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: High School DxD Vol. 1-15 + SS (PDF)

Post by noblelance »

What's the difference between the versions?
13man18
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 13man18 »

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure, but I think my font is smaller or the others might be suitable for a tablet or something. I'm not sure.

Just go with the one you like. :D
Important: All my PDFs got taken down a while and it's a pain to reupload them, so I'm not going to do that. PDF making days are gone. I've been getting busy these days. ;-;
jvmunhoz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Mushoku Tensei (無職転生)

Post by jvmunhoz »

Thanks! These PDF's are perfect for reading in the Ipad. Now being in an airplane it's not boring at all. haha
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.
MajorFoley
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MajorFoley »

First time on this forum :D
So hi guys, small question regarding the PDFS on first post. Ive been reading this series online and i loved it so i thought it would be great to get the PDF versions.
So i was wondering, why in volume 5 is Millicas called Mirikyasu? Is this because it was a too minor update so it didnt matter much?
Also with the pdfs when i zoom in i cant seem to scroll down at the end of the page when using arrow keys, is there an option that enables this? id rather not always use the mouse is all
13man18
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 13man18 »

MajorFoley wrote:First time on this forum :D
So hi guys, small question regarding the PDFS on first post. Ive been reading this series online and i loved it so i thought it would be great to get the PDF versions.
So i was wondering, why in volume 5 is Millicas called Mirikyasu? Is this because it was a too minor update so it didnt matter much?
Also with the pdfs when i zoom in i cant seem to scroll down at the end of the page when using arrow keys, is there an option that enables this? id rather not always use the mouse is all
1st. Probably minor update. Doesn't matter. They haven't been remade since whatever date it's under.
2nd. I'm not sure what you entirely mean. But I guess holding down shift + Up or Down keys? Is that what you want?
Important: All my PDFs got taken down a while and it's a pain to reupload them, so I'm not going to do that. PDF making days are gone. I've been getting busy these days. ;-;
MajorFoley
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MajorFoley »

13man18 wrote:
MajorFoley wrote:First time on this forum :D
1st. Probably minor update. Doesn't matter. They haven't been remade since whatever date it's under.
2nd. I'm not sure what you entirely mean. But I guess holding down shift + Up or Down keys? Is that what you want?
Regarding to first guess some people would get confused but they can always check the wiki like i did.
2nd i mean like normal scrolling and as soon as you reach the bottom, the next time you click you go to the next page
13man18
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 13man18 »

Ah, I think I understand now, but you should be able to scroll. But let me just ask, when you use the arrow keys what happens? The pages should move according to what key you press (Up or Down).
NightWalker66
Astral Realm

Post by NightWalker66 »

Just found out about this, about 6 months old now -- apparently the Light Novels and Manga of DXD have Full Colour digital versions on Amazon.jp and Bookwalker.jp
Meaning all illustrations that were black and white are now colour
Was curious if these images would be placed in the pdf and mobi files in the future?

Thank you for your time and consideration to reply
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

NightWalker66 wrote:Meaning all illustrations that were black and white are now colour
Was curious if these images would be placed in the pdf and mobi files in the future?
Yes, and no. Yes, there are full colour editions:
ハイスクールD×D FULL COLOR EDITION 1 旧校舎のディアボロス (富士見ファンタジア文庫) [Kindle版]
No, it's unlikely since they're still shitty-resolution, so I'm not feeling enthusiastic enough to purchase them:
File Size: 1600 KB
Seriously, that's the file-size for an entire volume's worth of pictures.

The file-size of one of our colour images: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 01_004.jpg is a third of that, and there should be a dozen of them in the file. :(

In fact the file size of the original, non-colour version is the same:
File Size: 1608 KB
So... no idea what they're doing. Amazon seems to have finally upped the quality of their recent releases, novels have been coming out at 7-8meg in size with reasonable quality pictures, but these are probably still at tiny resolution and average quality like the rest of them I continually rant about.

Also you need to buy all of them again. Even if you've already got all the novels in ebook form. So, yeah, I vote for 'no'. :(
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

A JPEG, of a PNG, of a screenshot, from the camera roll, of an iPad, of the BOOK☆WALKER version, of the first originally-black-and-white picture, of the v1 full-colour edition: http://i.imgur.com/lbGafC5.jpg

And yes, it was as complicated to get it as it sounds. :(

BOOK☆WALKER (apparently the ☆ is important?) has significantly larger files so (8MB vs 1.6MB amazon says for the kindle version) so I'm guessing it's pictures are prettier, but the workflow for getting the pictures off the device can't be described as 'fluid'. >.<

Anyone know a way of breaking the drm they use? >.> <.< >.>
gradient
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by gradient »

denormative wrote:A JPEG, of a PNG, of a screenshot, from the camera roll, of an iPad, of the BOOK☆WALKER version, of the first originally-black-and-white picture, of the v1 full-colour edition: http://i.imgur.com/lbGafC5.jpg

And yes, it was as complicated to get it as it sounds. :(

BOOK☆WALKER (apparently the ☆ is important?) has significantly larger files so (8MB vs 1.6MB amazon says for the kindle version) so I'm guessing it's pictures are prettier, but the workflow for getting the pictures off the device can't be described as 'fluid'. >.<

Anyone know a way of breaking the drm they use? >.> <.< >.>
if that is the actual image i vote for "not even needed".
I don't know about others but for me if that is put where the b/w was, it more like ruins the atmosphere.

I mean "Will you die for me?" and then this vs the b/w; no competition.
ok I admit the others would probably look better in color, but I've seen .svg(I'm guessing that is the actual identity of the original; well hope not) with better colors, actual gradient, so on.
I think unless they can match the actual color illustrations it doesn't really add anything to the experience.

EDIT:
Spoiler! :
I was playing with Photoshop and tought i would try make it better.
http://www.redkid.net/filehost/user_upl ... 90/dxd.jpg
toughts?
for comparison here is what the original looks like clipped: http://www.redkid.net/filehost/user_upl ... 0/dxd1.jpg
if you think it's fuzzy that what a grey brush does in color burn mode
The quantity and quality does not matter... make it big, and make plenty of it.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

gradient wrote:if that is the actual image i vote for "not even needed".
I don't know about others but for me if that is put where the b/w was, it more like ruins the atmosphere.

I mean "Will you die for me?" and then this vs the b/w; no competition.
ok I admit the others would probably look better in color, but I've seen .svg(I'm guessing that is the actual identity of the original; well hope not) with better colors, actual gradient, so on.
I think unless they can match the actual color illustrations it doesn't really add anything to the experience.

EDIT:
Spoiler! :
I was playing with Photoshop and tought i would try make it better.
http://www.redkid.net/filehost/user_upl ... 90/dxd.jpg
toughts?
for comparison here is what the original looks like clipped: http://www.redkid.net/filehost/user_upl ... 0/dxd1.jpg
if you think it's fuzzy that what a grey brush does in color burn mode
I don't have too much of an issue with the colours (I believe they match the anime more closely then the novel's), the main problem is they're so 'flat' in comparison to the other images.

That and they've clearly used JPG compression for them when PNG would have been much more appropriate; not to mention smaller. I know I'm considerably pickier then most people seem to be, but the artefacts are annoying. :(

That is probably the 'worst' image I could have chosen though given it's not 'dark' enough for everything else; the rest I think have a somewhat better composition. I'll try and harvest a few more images once I finish fighting these Index PDFs into shape.

Your image is definitely more 'moody' and appropriate for the scene, though I'm not much in favour of the added grain though; it looks decent enough on the background and darker coloured clothes, but the lighter coloured clothes and skin it just looks off.
Bananamonkey29
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Bananamonkey29 »

When will Volume 16 be advalible for download sents it has been updated. :twisted:
Maurice
daoquangduc
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by daoquangduc »

Bananamonkey29 wrote:When will Volume 16 be advalible for download sents it has been updated. :twisted:
Yeah, me too :) Let's wait for the PDF file coming out :D
Really thank for @13man18 for always giving us the great PDFs :D
That made us love reading High school DxD much more ^^
renton101
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renton101 »

does this mean the epub version will be available at the same time?

sorry, I am new and don't know the average time between release and when it is converted into other formats.

Return to “High School DxD”