Highschool DxD Anime Discussion

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Highschool DxD Anime Discussion

Post by noblelance »

Wonder if it will maintain the average, it seems like 2 volumes a season for the anime at this rate. So by the time we get to volume 16 it will be another 6 seasons.
Gulcasa766
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Gulcasa766 »

noblelance wrote:Wonder if it will maintain the average, it seems like 2 volumes a season for the anime at this rate. So by the time we get to volume 16 it will be another 6 seasons.
Not exactly. You can pretty much ignore the side story volumes because they won't be a main part of the seasons, they had a little in Season 1 and Season 2 pretty much ignored it and focused on Vol 3/4.
Unkalibriert
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Unkalibriert »

And that could be because they want to sell OVAs. ^^
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Gulcasa766 wrote:
noblelance wrote:Wonder if it will maintain the average, it seems like 2 volumes a season for the anime at this rate. So by the time we get to volume 16 it will be another 6 seasons.
Not exactly. You can pretty much ignore the side story volumes because they won't be a main part of the seasons, they had a little in Season 1 and Season 2 pretty much ignored it and focused on Vol 3/4.
Unkalibriert wrote:And that could be because they want to sell OVAs. ^^
I'm actually encoding the series for a sub group as well as keeping an eye in the LN's here to make sure the Guidelines for the series is maintained and while it dose seem that season 2 looks to have skipped the side stories that is be cause of the current side stories none of them would have a time line that would put them actually in when the events in Vol 3/4 are happening. plus the two OVA'a that have been released actually had nothing to with the series or the LN's but were in fact a 'buffer' between seasons 1 & 2. and if you take in to account the SS vols and mix them in to some of the seasons as needed then you would be actually looking @ 5 more season before being caught up to vol 14 not 16 as with the way the vols look to be progressing vol 16/17 would be season 6.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by noblelance »

Wolfpup wrote:
I'm actually encoding the series for a sub group as well as keeping an eye in the LN's here to make sure the Guidelines for the series is maintained and while it dose seem that season 2 looks to have skipped the side stories that is be cause of the current side stories none of them would have a time line that would put them actually in when the events in Vol 3/4 are happening. plus the two OVA'a that have been released actually had nothing to with the series or the LN's but were in fact a 'buffer' between seasons 1 & 2. and if you take in to account the SS vols and mix them in to some of the seasons as needed then you would be actually looking @ 5 more season before being caught up to vol 14 not 16 as with the way the vols look to be progressing vol 16/17 would be season 6.
Ahhhh, see I haven't I had a chance to watch them fully yet, only on season 1 but going off of the wiki I was making a guess on the average. But yeah, I would hope it would be less seasons to catch up to the novel.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

If they keep using 2 novels per season,

Season 3- vol 5 & 6
Season 4- vol 7 & 9
Season 5- vol 10 & 11

The problem comes at season 5, if they decide to end the season at vol 11, the anime fans are gonna rage so hard at being left with the biggest cliffhanger in the DxD story
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Bah, this white bar in this series is total annoying and unaesthetical - I mean when they cant show the things behind the white bar they just shouldnt include scenes with it!
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Darklor wrote:Bah, this white bar in this series is total annoying and unaesthetical - I mean when they cant show the things behind the white bar they just shouldnt include scenes with it!
That would depend on where the video is being sourced from. :D There are Uncensored sources for the series and that even includes the first Vol of the BD's. :D BTW the BD versions of the eps are actually approximately 5 minutes longer that the broadcast version. :D
VendeX
Astral Realm

Post by VendeX »

hi, everyone!

does anyone know whether they are already working on the third season of the anime?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

No news for now.

Chances for a 3rd season aren't low, as the BD/DVD sales are still decent.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by noblelance »

Wolfpup wrote:
Darklor wrote:Bah, this white bar in this series is total annoying and unaesthetical - I mean when they cant show the things behind the white bar they just shouldnt include scenes with it!
That would depend on where the video is being sourced from. :D There are Uncensored sources for the series and that even includes the first Vol of the BD's. :D BTW the BD versions of the eps are actually approximately 5 minutes longer that the broadcast version. :D
BD versions?
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

noblelance wrote:
Wolfpup wrote: That would depend on where the video is being sourced from. :D There are Uncensored sources for the series and that even includes the first Vol of the BD's. :D BTW the BD versions of the eps are actually approximately 5 minutes longer that the broadcast version. :D
BD versions?
yes BD(Blueray Disc) versions in other words uncensored version which show what could not be broadcast :D
noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by noblelance »

Wolfpup wrote: That would depend on where the video is being sourced from. :D There are Uncensored sources for the series and that even includes the first Vol of the BD's. :D BTW the BD versions of the eps are actually approximately 5 minutes longer that the broadcast version. :D
BD versions?
yes BD(Blueray Disc) versions in other words uncensored version which show what could not be broadcast :D[/quote]

Ahhh, sorry I figured it might be Blue-ray, but didn't know that(BD) was another version of the short had for it
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

noblelance wrote:
Wolfpup wrote: yes BD(Blueray Disc) versions in other words uncensored version which show what could not be broadcast :D
Ahhh, sorry I figured it might be Blue-ray, but didn't know that(BD) was another version of the short had for it
If you go to a site that provides anime torrent you will see shows that have [BD] in their name meaning that the raw used was the Blue-ray that was published. I would give such an example here but I believe that posting such a like here would be a bad thing unless one of the other upper level mods sees this post as says other wise.
noblelance
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by noblelance »

Fair enough but thanks for the noting. I rarely download torrents, well of animes anyway haha.

Return to “High School DxD”