Appreciation for the Translation of High School DxD

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Appreciation for the Translation of High School DxD

Post by Hiro Hayase »

lgbasallote wrote:Thanks so much to the translators and editors of High School DxD!! Because of you, I've grown to like this series (which is obviously impossible if the series were to remain in its native tongue lol). Anyway, the translators' and editors' works have inspired me to create my own translation of the series into my own native tongue, which is Filipino, and publish it here (since there are no current versions of High School DxD in that language, and I'd like my fellowmen to understand this too :D). I wonder if that would be possible? If yes, how? If not, I'd understand :)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=936
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1822

Look at those links, it tells you what to do. You need approval from a wiki supervisor before you can start it.
royaloyalz
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by royaloyalz »

Yes yes I would also like to express my gratitude at all those who contributed to this awesome project!

I must say that when I first started reading this LN, it only had its first 2 volumes translated. Those were the days when all I had to live on were zzhk insanely detailed summaries to go on.

Now that every single volume that is out has already translated, I must say that it is a good time to be here :D

Though I did noticed that there is quite a lot of work that needs to be done for editors, so I have started to edit it little by little as well. Hope that you guys don't mind my changes and that it actually improves the flow of the text to provide more enjoyment to the people reading it.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
5thDog
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 5thDog »

Finally started reading this after clearing some of my LN backlog. Really nice translation, thanks a lot to all of you guys working on this!

I've always wanted to read this after watching the anime. I'm addicted to this LN right now and again like all other anime adaptions, the LN is 100x better.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Oh yea I know what you mean!

Slowly going through the LN from volume 4 onwards, if you have noticed I did quite a bit of editing thus far, those that I missed out will be done sooner or later, as I read them on my phone and am currently lazy to look through it just to edit it again haha!
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
erothur
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by erothur »

although I can read Japanese
Spoiler! :
with help from translating tools. so I can't read a JPG file sadly
having it in english sure help me read it faster.

thanks team baka tsuki
:thumb:
ero ero essaim ero ero essaim ero ero essaim!!
rautes
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rautes »

Thank you so very much for the translation of the 14th volume, when I saw it had been translated I felt like it was xmas :lol:
Again, Thank you, keep up the good work :mrgreen:
Azachiel!
Astral Realm

Post by Azachiel! »

I'd also like to say thank you for all the hard work that is put into these translations. Though on the main-page I found one thing that alerted me. They said that the 'House of Phenex' is to be changed to 'House of Phoenix'. Please don't do that, the idea may seem logical, but it would be a major error! The Houses are named after the 72 Demons of Solomon as recorded in the Lesser Key of Solomon, and there the 37. Demon is the Marquis Phenex, who appears in the FORM of a phoenix. The spelling of Phenex in that aspect served to not only reinforce the parallels, but it also distanced the House from the mythical creature, making it clear that they were named after the demon rather than simply the bird it appears as.

PS: I would have logged in, but for some reason the system told me I didn't have the permission to view the forum when I tried.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Azachiel! wrote:I'd also like to say thank you for all the hard work that is put into these translations. Though on the main-page I found one thing that alerted me. They said that the 'House of Phenex' is to be changed to 'House of Phoenix'. Please don't do that, the idea may seem logical, but it would be a major error! The Houses are named after the 72 Demons of Solomon as recorded in the Lesser Key of Solomon, and there the 37. Demon is the Marquis Phenex, who appears in the FORM of a phoenix. The spelling of Phenex in that aspect served to not only reinforce the parallels, but it also distanced the House from the mythical creature, making it clear that they were named after the demon rather than simply the bird it appears as.

PS: I would have logged in, but for some reason the system told me I didn't have the permission to view the forum when I tried.
Interesting, maybe we should consult with code zero on this?

Anyways, like many have said thanks for this! I was about to start reading from his blog but then he went ahead and placed them onto BT so I just ahead and read them on BT while doing quite a bit of edits too, hope that I haven't done anything that will cause distress to code zero by changing his work!
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Found the anime a year ago, then chased down the manga and now I found the LN.

Thanks so much to code zero and others who are doing the translations. I really am enjoying this series a lot.
omgkenny
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by omgkenny »

I have to say I greatly appreciate this. Is there anywhere we could donate to show thanks? I would like to donate some.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

omgkenny wrote:I have to say I greatly appreciate this. Is there anywhere we could donate to show thanks? I would like to donate some.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can donate to anyone in particular here. You could show your thanks by trying to help out with editing though. :D
Rschumi
Astral Realm

Post by Rschumi »

Thanks for your hard work. This is the only light novel i was able to read completly thanks to you :)
Senzu15
Astral Realm

Post by Senzu15 »

Of course thanks to the author of this books for creating it in the first place but its only thanks to the members that are in charge of translating/proofreading etx of this series to english that it lets me know the whole DXD universe with its amazing characters and adventures

Thanks guys for all your hard work
wakakakaa
Astral Realm

Post by wakakakaa »

THIS IS THE BEST NOVEL EVER!! KEEP IT UP WITH YOUR TRANSLATION~~ THANK YOU THANK YOU~!!
Drago1274
Astral Realm

Post by Drago1274 »

I just started reading the light novel series for this anime quite recently and I am very satisfied with the translations, it feels like the author himself wrote it and it is not just translated. So I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for such excellent service and wonderful translations.

Return to “High School DxD”