*SPOILER* What is Ishibumi-sensei up to?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

martinicc
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

*SPOILER* What is Ishibumi-sensei up to?

Post by martinicc »

Here is part of the volume 12 Afterword:

Our Ise who was saved by attracting legendary beings. He’s a man who won’t die even if killed. When I realised it, Kiba-kyun became the main of volume 12. It couldn’t be helped since Ise was absent in the first half, but even so Kiba worked hard believing in Ise. To be expected from a heroine….. No, I meant to be expected from a male of the Gremory group!

Please don't tell me that Ishibumi-sensei is making the only main male in the LN exept Ise a girl too. Only an evil mastermind will turn a character who has been a guy for 12 volumes into a girl so he can be added him in Issei's harem.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: *SPOILER* What is Ishibumi-sensei up to?

Post by Mystes »

martinicc wrote:Please don't tell me that Ishibumi-sensei is making the only main male in the LN exept Ise a girl too. Only an evil mastermind will turn a character who has been a guy for 12 volumes into a girl so he can be added him in Issei's harem.
Reverse trap. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Just4fun
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Just4fun »

LOL!
I Have a Future Diary trust me..... XD
(Just kidding...)
martinicc
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by martinicc »

Well it's certain he is a male since they both go to onsens in the same bath so he has to ba male. Isibumi-sensei has bended is gender somwhere allong the novel. The question is, where?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

It was stated as fact in volume 5 that devils can alter their looks once they reach a certain level of power/age. Rias' mother was confirmed to alter her looks to appear the same age as her daughter.
In vol 6 Asia's breasts are said to have grown and Ise remembers the above and wonders if maybe Asia subconsciously altered them out of her desire to compete with Rias and Akeno.
We also know that ever since Ise helped Kiba deal with his hatred of holy swords, Kiba displayed a behavior consistent with that of a haremette towards Ise.
The above is pretty much all the ground work needed for the big reveal: "I used to be a guy but I knew you don't swing that way, so I used the power of love to change into a girl".
Khaleel
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Khaleel »

martinicc wrote:Here is part of the volume 12 Afterword:

Our Ise who was saved by attracting legendary beings. He’s a man who won’t die even if killed.

.___. Also, Kiba is my favorite character after Ross and Koneko...
"Unknown on the Internet, nor known for bishoujo gals. "
Light Novel Project
Spoiler! :
Current Working:
SAO: Volume 4-Volume 2. In this priority order.
Traduzindo para o Português!
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

There's the gender changing gun by Azazel-sensei XD
Haxton Fale
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haxton Fale »

martinicc wrote:Please don't tell me that Ishibumi-sensei is making the only main male in the LN exept Ise a girl too. Only an evil mastermind will turn a character who has been a guy for 12 volumes into a girl so he can be added him in Issei's harem.
Seems like it has just happened on Vol13.
As for the "main male" part, there's also Gasper, but... Issei's comment about the raygun's effect on poor vampire say a lot.
gaouw
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gaouw »

well, a reverse trap is a different kind of taboo with incest.

however, it also has it's own charm.

so it might be ishibumi-sennsei's intention to do just that.
erothur
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by erothur »

and kiba is getting more and more aggressive to issei with his lunch box and all..
I'd really hope he can get on well with shinra though..
ero ero essaim ero ero essaim ero ero essaim!!
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

........I've just thought up something really horrible, because of the Magician based volume 14. About how demon magic is the creation of effects based on the imagination being given form and a spell being completed because of it. Even though Azazel's TF gun has been either destroyed or sealed... Kiba may create a Demon Magic Spell to change his gender to female. Just imagine all the loopholes Kiba would be able to get through as a man that can become a woman at any time he wishes, especially when it concerns Ise.

And just because Kiba may end up getting a girlfriend, that doesn't mean he still wont be all over Ise. They are demons after all.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

BakaGrappler wrote:........I've just thought up something really horrible, because of the Magician based volume 14. About how demon magic is the creation of effects based on the imagination being given form and a spell being completed because of it. Even though Azazel's TF gun has been either destroyed or sealed... Kiba may create a Demon Magic Spell to change his gender to female. Just imagine all the loopholes Kiba would be able to get through as a man that can become a woman at any time he wishes, especially when it concerns Ise.

And just because Kiba may end up getting a girlfriend, that doesn't mean he still wont be all over Ise. They are demons after all.
I suspect that's what's being planned. (Wasn't this brought up in a previous thread? Who knows...) Given that it's been established that the demons can alter their physique dramatically (the girls staying 'eternally young' and the like), it's not that much of a difference to "will" a sex change. :P

You'd still have Vali and friends for the whole "get these guys away from me!" comedy reactions after all. :)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

True, but none of the other guys would cause that same visceral, "Hrrrrrgggg! Don't try and pull me into the BL genre, you damn pretty boy!" reaction, or that sucker punch sort of "Yeah, our life and death training this morning was really nice. By the way I made a lunch with rice shaped like a heart." that Kiba can pull off. Just from a comedy stand point, Kiba's remaining a guy most of the time is for the best. Besides, most of his clients would be disappointed if Kiba showed up as a bishoujo.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

BakaGrappler wrote:Besides, most of his clients would be disappointed if Kiba showed up as a bishoujo.
Nah. He'd just become someone like Karou from Campione! then and still have girls falling all over him; the "cool beauty" type. :P
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

Hmmmmm. No, I think Kiba would be a girl to make the others go "Kyaaa, he's so cute," and then they would force him to wear a bunch of different outfits. Raiser's Rook, the quiet masked warrior girl, is more the kind that would accidentally seduce girls according to popular Japanese entertainment. ....But yeah, you're right that Kiba's clients would probably take very kindly to his being transformed now that I think about it.

But I heavily doubt Kiba will become a woman permanently anyway, especially in the near future. I mean, it's highly likely that Valerie, the heretofore unintroduced half-vampire, is going to be Ise's next Harem addition, so Kiba won't get his chance to be cross-gender for a while longer.

Return to “High School DxD”