Questions and Answers Thread

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Questions and Answers Thread

Post by krytyk »

Considering it's popularity, i'd say nowhere close to having an end. I'd say at least 24 volumes before it ends.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
erothur
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by erothur »

and from what I read, it seems that shiva battle scene will be used a a last resort by ishibumi sensei when he can't find anymore ideas.. which is still kinda long way ahead..

but yeah. with the chaos brigade destruction and the 3 great faction unity what will come next I wonder.

but that's not what I want to ask..

what I want to ask is..
the usage of buchou oppai power up.. seems to be overused since the battle with sairaorg.. or maybe even from before.. anyone other feel it strange? how can it shines red like that anyway?
ero ero essaim ero ero essaim ero ero essaim!!
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

erothur wrote:what I want to ask is..
the usage of buchou oppai power up.. seems to be overused since the battle with sairaorg.. or maybe even from before.. anyone other feel it strange? how can it shines red like that anyway?
I think it has some thing to do with the 'Red String' of Fate, but also remember the Love is often represented by the color red. Rais's power also has a red color so maybe the 'power' up is Ise receiving Rias' love and it is being represented by her opai glowing red then that red arua is transferring to Ise thus he 'powers up'. :D :P
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

Wolfpup wrote:
erothur wrote:what I want to ask is..
I think it has some thing to do with the 'Red String' of Fate, but also remember the Love is often represented by the color red. Rais's power also has a red color so maybe the 'power' up is Ise receiving Rias' love and it is being represented by her opai glowing red then that red arua is transferring to Ise thus he 'powers up'. :D :P
Guess oppai power and love is a huge factor that made shaped the ability this way and not another. Tho there's probably tons of logical reasons for that.
Like it might have to do with their devil power's compability, and the term that wasn't mentioned ever since vol 1, meaning "the clan", back in vol 1 Rias was able to heal Ise up since they were from the same "clan". Ise has 9 pieces of pawn from the same set, as Rias's King piece inside her, the proof of it is the fact that all pieces were crimson coloued (tho author didn't reveal whether they changed color after she used king piece, or they were customized before that).

Well knowing author it's just "oppai power" and any logical explanation to it is useless.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
SXIII
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SXIII »

He has 8 pwans not 9 (in chess a player has 8 pawns and can't have more than that). And yes all logical explanations are useless and therefore redundant.
erothur
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by erothur »

I'm just saying it for myself but.. if it was me with my harem ending orientation thinking.. the one who awaken it first will be Rias.. then the other member in succession..

:nosebleed:

what if Akeno can also awaken issei? Rias and Akeno cat fight will even get fiercer
:lol:

just saying it..
and suddenly.. I'm having a deep question..

after the unity of the 3 great factions
Spoiler! :
because god is death.. who they supposed to be to pray to? well not in deep religionous way of thinking but when I saw life 0 was updated I was like thank god.. but wait.. god is dead in DxD..

should I say thank maou instead?
:mrgreen:
Relunx
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Relunx »

Wierd question (and a little speculation too):
What will be Ise's peerage when he reaches High-class devil?

So here's my speculation:
Queen: Rias Gremory
Bishop: Asia Argento
Bishop & manager: Ravel Phoenix
Knight: Xenovia
Rook: Toujou Koneko
Remains: 1x Rook, 1x Knight and 8x Pawn (maybe a future Magician-Girl and a Hot chick Vampire Girl)

Note:
There's some lines in vol 14 where Ise states that if he has a peerage in the future then Xenovia and Asia will definitely move with him so that makes -3 people from Rias's current peerage including Ise himself. If that's true, then I belive Rias will disband her own peerage and become Ise's Queen immediately.

Whom I don't know how to fit into his peerage or rather a bit complicated are:
Himejima Akeno: ??? (Queen), she is a Queen in Rias's peerage, but Rias will definitely become Ise's Queen, so the question remains, where or how Akeno will fit into Ise's peerage? That's the most curious I'm about!
Rossweisse: ??? (Rook), Ise and Rossweisse's relationship isn't that deep, so I dunno she will join Ise's peerage or not
Shidou Irina: ???, big question mark, I doubt she will become a devil and join Ise's peerage, but I think she want to have sex with him to raise her stage in Heaven's rank by giving birth to a "heavenly-dragon" as she stated in vol10.

I think these guys are try to make their own peerage:
Kiba Yuuto: As for Queen, I think Sona's current Queen will gladly accept that role, as hinted they have some kind of relationship (now it's time for Kiba to return those feelings)
Gasper Vladi: I don't think he will join into Ise's peerage, bcoz the 2x bishop placement are already occupied by Asia and Ravel.

So, I'm curious about other's opinions and how they see Ise's future peerage and rating-game group.

Relunx
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

I think Ise isn't going to end up disbanding the Rias Gremory team. It has been stated in the series that when a resurrected devil gains a peerage, they are still used by their original master in the Games at their original position and value. They retain the traits of their Evil Piece and remain a part of their team indefinitely, or until traded (perhaps). My thoughts on Asia and Xenovia is that they will end up being "shared pieces" if you will, used by both Rias and Ise's team. This way the original team will not lose key members and Ise will still have his own members.

Also, I highly doubt that Rias' team will ever be disbanded since her dream, and Ise's by extension, is to conquer the games and be ranked #1. There is no way a Devil's ambition will be derailed so easily.

As for the other members of the Rias team, I doubt any more of them will ask to be traded. The remaining members are either already engaged to Ise, have too much of a debt to Rias, or are not yet attached to Ise enough to ask for a change of ownership (Roseweisse).

I agree that Irina will not become a reincarnated devil, since she serves as a precious link to Heaven, but the Grigori institute may end up finding a way to allow Angels to mate more easily now that peace has been made. They've made stranger inventions.

As for the line up of Ise's team in the future, we currently have his two Bishop roles filled (getting a Phoenix for only 1 piece is a bargain!) and 1 knight. Looking at the information about Valerie though, I'm thinking she's going to become Ise's Rook.

The Holy Grail typically is associated with Immortality, a defensive type of ability. But it seems to also confer immunity to others in it's current situation (the vamps are trying to erase their vulnerabilities), so it would have a lot of uses for a team consisting of Devils with a Dragon-Devil leader. Since it's a Longinus class Sacred Gear, it requires a good investment in evil pieces, so all things considered, a Rook would be the most fitting.

Why do I think Valerie will be recruited? First, she's a female teen according to Gasper's description, and kind of in a bad situation. She has a Sacred Gear under odd circumstances, meaning she's probably a victim, hence redemption in the future. She is also half vampire, meaning she can be resurrected. And she has a good name, something that does not get tossed around by accident. I'm wondering how it'll happen, but she's probably marked by fate to join up with Ise and the Gremory group.

So we tentatively have: 1 Rook, 1 Knight, 2 Bishop pieces used.

Ise will most likely end up getting himself a female mage as well, and quite possibly a female dragon that can change her shape (maybe Tannin-ossan's grand daughter or something? Imagine having that guy for a father in law!). There is also the possibility of gaining a Faerie or Elf from the Norse and Anglo Saxon legends, or one of the lesser mythologic beings from Hindi and Chinese mythology, even from Greek mythology as a gift from the overly friendly heads of that pantheon. He might even pick up a Shinto exorcist! It's impossible to predict DxD's writer.
gaouw
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gaouw »

BakaGrappler wrote:I think Ise isn't going to end up disbanding the Rias Gremory team. It has been stated in the series that when a resurrected devil gains a peerage, they are still used by their original master in the Games at their original position and value. They retain the traits of their Evil Piece and remain a part of their team indefinitely, or until traded (perhaps). My thoughts on Asia and Xenovia is that they will end up being "shared pieces" if you will, used by both Rias and Ise's team. This way the original team will not lose key members and Ise will still have his own members.

Also, I highly doubt that Rias' team will ever be disbanded since her dream, and Ise's by extension, is to conquer the games and be ranked #1. There is no way a Devil's ambition will be derailed so easily.

As for the other members of the Rias team, I doubt any more of them will ask to be traded. The remaining members are either already engaged to Ise, have too much of a debt to Rias, or are not yet attached to Ise enough to ask for a change of ownership (Roseweisse).

I agree that Irina will not become a reincarnated devil, since she serves as a precious link to Heaven, but the Grigori institute may end up finding a way to allow Angels to mate more easily now that peace has been made. They've made stranger inventions.

As for the line up of Ise's team in the future, we currently have his two Bishop roles filled (getting a Phoenix for only 1 piece is a bargain!) and 1 knight. Looking at the information about Valerie though, I'm thinking she's going to become Ise's Rook.

The Holy Grail typically is associated with Immortality, a defensive type of ability. But it seems to also confer immunity to others in it's current situation (the vamps are trying to erase their vulnerabilities), so it would have a lot of uses for a team consisting of Devils with a Dragon-Devil leader. Since it's a Longinus class Sacred Gear, it requires a good investment in evil pieces, so all things considered, a Rook would be the most fitting.

Why do I think Valerie will be recruited? First, she's a female teen according to Gasper's description, and kind of in a bad situation. She has a Sacred Gear under odd circumstances, meaning she's probably a victim, hence redemption in the future. She is also half vampire, meaning she can be resurrected. And she has a good name, something that does not get tossed around by accident. I'm wondering how it'll happen, but she's probably marked by fate to join up with Ise and the Gremory group.

So we tentatively have: 1 Rook, 1 Knight, 2 Bishop pieces used.

Ise will most likely end up getting himself a female mage as well, and quite possibly a female dragon that can change her shape (maybe Tannin-ossan's grand daughter or something? Imagine having that guy for a father in law!). There is also the possibility of gaining a Faerie or Elf from the Norse and Anglo Saxon legends, or one of the lesser mythologic beings from Hindi and Chinese mythology, even from Greek mythology as a gift from the overly friendly heads of that pantheon. He might even pick up a Shinto exorcist! It's impossible to predict DxD's writer.
wow,, you just said what i'm thinking of. and more.

regarding the rest of ise's pieces, i still can't erase the hunch (and hope) that somehow or other ophis will be one of his.

if she did, she will most likely occupy the queen position.

and yes, i agree that valerie will most likely become a new addition to gremory's (and by extension, ise's) group.

however, since rias's pieces are already used up and ise still got a long way to go to be a high class devil (sirzech says some two to three years if i'm not mistaken), she'll just freeload in ise's house like ophis and le fay for the time being.

if any, i kinda think how would ise actually integrate asia and xenovia into his group.

i mean, while ise will still become rias's pawn, it means that he will got 9 pieces inside him, 8 pawn and 1 king.

but how about asia? she already got a bishop pieces. surely ise will not put another bishop into him.

kinda redundant, if i may say so.

as such, the only way it can be done is that rias traded bishop and knight with ise.

however, since it is said that rias love her servant so much, such thing also seems improbable.

the only solutions would be that ise chose another person as a bishop and trade it freely.

the result would be some kind of "your family is mine, and my family is yours kinda thing, i guess.
erothur
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by erothur »

it is already said that:

kiba won't make his own group. he will keep sticking on with rias group and become the ultimate knight.

the fox youkai of kyoto.. sadly.. can't be turned into devil (school trip afterword)

well.. like Baka-Grappler said, you can't see through this author head.. there's even a loli shinigami present you know?
but yeah it made you think about things a lot.

the females of Vali team also has a high possibility of entering Issei team.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Interesting views, however I think that when Ise forms his own group, he will have to trade with Rias for Asia and Xenovia. I doubt you can actually share pieces, but this is just my opinion that I have inferred from what I have read thus far.

In any case, I do hope that HSDxD will last till Ise forms his full team, as well as fulfilling all his dreams like getting Rias' team to the top of the Rating game and also becoming an Ultimate class devil together with Kiba. Apparently the author has plans for 2 more major arcs at least, so I hope that it will last a minimum of another 8-12 volumes hahahaha :lol: Or rather I hope that this will last forever LOL! Just hope that Code-Zero will still be around to help translate this awesome LN even then though haha!
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

Ah, but Royal, I think you forget that you can trade Pieces more than once. So in order to share Asia and Xenovia, one just needs to trade, and trade back before the next Rating Game.

The Devil's system was created to be abused, so I don't think anyone in the Underworld would bat an eye at this abuse.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Ah so that's what you meant by sharing? Trading before each other's Rating game would make sense.

Well that would certainly work while Ise's team is not full yet, but if both teams were full I don't think that would be feasible, since it would mean that there would be some members of the team that will not participate in the Rating games at all since what you are implying is that only the main members will always play for both teams, and I don't think those members will be too happy about being left out.

So I think it would make more sense if Rias finds new members as well.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
BakaGrappler
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BakaGrappler »

Not if the playing pieces are sealed away in a display case and never used. The nominal ownership can change hands on paper while being made sure to never be used in resurrection. Then there will always be a void of those particular pieces and complications of jealousy will never arise.

And I think I just thought up a way to revive our "Kiba girl henshin" conversation. If I recall, we don't know the types of "prices" required from all of Kiba's cursed swords just yet. While it has been hinted that he will be tossing the swords to his Balance Breaker Sword Birth squad of Dragon Knights... What if one of the swords requires that the wielder become the opposite gender for a period of time during and after it's usage. A Ranma-maru blade or something.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Interesting discussion.

It's been a while since I've read the rating game chapters, but does anyone recall if the King from one group participated as a normal piece in another group?

As for Ise's crew:

Queen - Akeno - in a three way trade that gives Mephisto a blank queen and Tannin goes to Rias' group as queen.
Bishops - Ravel and Asia.
Knights - Xenrovia and Bennia - in a trade from Kaichou
Rooks - Koneko (though she hasn't expressed an interest in going with him, she might wait until it happens to state that she is) and I'm also thinking this Valerie half-vamp could be the second.
Pawns- no idea as yet, though I need to review the composition of the student council.

Return to “High School DxD”