Questions and Answers Thread

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Questions and Answers Thread

Post by Wolfpup »

ID not in use wrote:Interesting discussion.

It's been a while since I've read the rating game chapters, but does anyone recall if the King from one group participated as a normal piece in another group?

As for Ise's crew:

Queen - Akeno - in a three way trade that gives Mephisto a blank queen and Tannin goes to Rias' group as queen.
Bishops - Ravel and Asia.
Knights - Xenrovia and Bennia - in a trade from Kaichou
Rooks - Koneko (though she hasn't expressed an interest in going with him, she might wait until it happens to state that she is) and I'm also thinking this Valerie half-vamp could be the second.
Pawns- no idea as yet, though I need to review the composition of the student council.
Actually I think Ise would not want to break up Rias' group at all.
Here is my take on Ise's group:
Queen - Tannin (in a trade with Mephisto if Tannin want to actually participate in the games)
Bishops - Ravel ( buy trading with Ravel's mother) and Valerie(and possibly even via a 'mutation' piece)
Knights - TBD
Rooks - TBD
Pawns - The rest of the 'perverted Trio' (one each) due to an unforeseen accident befalling those two.[Would put their names in if I could remember them and was not being lazy :P ]
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Wolfpup wrote: Actually I think Ise would not want to break up Rias' group at all.
Queen - Tannin (in a trade with Mephisto if Tannin want to actually participate in the games)
Bishops - Ravel ( buy trading with Ravel's mother) and Valerie(and possibly even via a 'mutation' piece)
Knights - TBD
Rooks - TBD
Pawns - The rest of the 'perverted Trio' (one each) due to an unforeseen accident befalling those two.[Would put their names in if I could remember them and was not being lazy :P ]
I agree that Ise would prefer not to break up the Rias group. However, if by becoming King himself he can no longer be a pawn in Rias' group, then he has effectively broken it up. That's why my first question was regarding Kings and their ability, or lack-thereof, to be normal pieces in other groups.

I also considered Motohama and Matsuda (I looked the names up) for pawns, but I was wondering what they would bring to the table. Gotta wonder if those 2 could pull off a dress-break spell. Although that would make the Oppai-dragon not as unique?

Also, guess I should add that if Kings can play as normal pieces in other groups, then Rias would be Ise's queen.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

ID not in use wrote:
Wolfpup wrote: Actually I think Ise would not want to break up Rias' group at all.
Knights - TBD
Rooks - TBD
I agree that Ise would prefer not to break up the Rias group. However, if by becoming King himself he can no longer be a pawn in Rias' group, then he has effectively broken it up. That's why my first question was regarding Kings and their ability, or lack-thereof, to be normal pieces in other groups.

I also considered Motohama and Matsuda (I looked the names up) for pawns, but I was wondering what they would bring to the table. Gotta wonder if those 2 could pull off a dress-break spell. Although that would make the Oppai-dragon not as unique?

Also, guess I should add that if Kings can play as normal pieces in other groups, then Rias would be Ise's queen.
There was a discussion at one point that even after Ise went 'independent' that when Rias participated in the 'Games' he would have to be in her group as a [PAWN] so it might be possible for Rias to participate in Ise' group as [QUEEN] but I do not think that would happen because Ise would be over protective of Rias and end up coming out before 'sacraficing' her during the game.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Relunx
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Relunx »

I think Ise as King will not sacrifice himself to protect Rias as Queen. There was a statement when IIRC Azazel discussed with Kiba and Ise what would they do if one of them and Rias will in danger in rating game. Kiba's answer is obviously he will aid Rias and left Ise in danger bocz the King has absolute need to survive. And then Ise also realized this fact. So he will not do a dumb move such as sacrifice himself in a rating game.

Relunx
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

BakaGrappler wrote:Ah, but Royal, I think you forget that you can trade Pieces more than once. So in order to share Asia and Xenovia, one just needs to trade, and trade back before the next Rating Game.

The Devil's system was created to be abused, so I don't think anyone in the Underworld would bat an eye at this abuse.

The question then becomes, would Rias and Ise ever be forced to play against each other? Or would Ise always be ranked below Rias since he's a member of her team prior to being the King of his own?

Wonder if the author has thought all this stuff out yet?
Last edited by ID not in use on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

Who else do you think Ise will attract into his harem, if not his team?

Based on some of their interactions in Vol 11 - life 1 I could see Sona-Kaichou joining the harem. The fact that she considers Saji a little brother and that a couple of her servants are chasing after him. Also that she asked Ise to call her by first name (though he declined).

La Fey would be an interesting addition, however, wouldn't Vali also attract a harem?

Also have to wonder Koneko's reaction if her sister started to hit on Ise.

Serafall Leviathan - Does Ise want a magical girl?

Gabriel, she of the angelic oppai - While there wasn't much interaction, it does make you wonder.
5thDog
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by 5thDog »

I don't know...I think Saji will eventually confess his feelings to Sona and then Sona will be all like ";____; I wanna have yer babies Saji!!"

You know...because that's what usually happens....
omgkenny
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by omgkenny »

Serious question: Do you think isse and rias have sex eventually? I kinda want to know this.
ID not in use
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by ID not in use »

omgkenny wrote:Serious question: Do you think isse and rias have sex eventually? I kinda want to know this.
Even if Ise is not aware of it, they are engaged. So I would think in time it's going to happen. But it's kinda fun for the sexual tension to continue with all the other girls who can't have sex with him until Rias does.
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

ID not in use wrote:
omgkenny wrote:Serious question: Do you think isse and rias have sex eventually? I kinda want to know this.
Even if Ise is not aware of it, they are engaged. So I would think in time it's going to happen. But it's kinda fun for the sexual tension to continue with all the other girls who can't have sex with him until Rias does.
Rias is the eldest heir to what is essentially a royal family (even if she's not inheriting the title), so if she doesn't have kids a considerable number of people are going to be Not Impressed(tm) too.

But at the end of the day, it's a pretty irrelevant to the storyline anyway. It's not the type of novel to have a sex scene 'on camera' (unlike, umm, Devil17? I actually can't think of any other series that has actual sex in it...). At worst (because it gets annoying rather quickly) you'll have the ZnT "Saito~~ Louise~~ Saito~~ Louise~~...." scenes that would lead into it... well, if they weren't conveniently interrupted before anything more intimate happens anyway. >.>
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
DragonKing0117
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DragonKing0117 »

Hello! I've had a question that's been bugging me for a while and I didn't know where else to post it. Anyway, you guys know how the name Phenex is being changed to Phoenix, right? Welll, how does that make sense in scenes like in volume 2. Rias told Issei about the Phenex saying they were called Phenex to diffrentiate them from the mystical beast phoenix. So how will the scene now be read? Something like, "The humans gave a different name to the devils' phoenix to distinguish it from the mystical beast phoenix. They called them Phoenix," instead of using, "They called them Phenex"?
Code-Zero
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Code-Zero »

I will think about it when I do edit/TLC for Volume 2. Its easier to start from earlier volumes for editing through to shorten the errors.
willow13
Astral Realm

Post by willow13 »

Can the novels be bought in english at a book store?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Nope.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

willow13 wrote:Can the novels be bought in english at a book store?
If they could, you wouldn't be reading this on this website right now.

A couple of well liked LN has been licensed recently, please do not let HSDXD be another one, though I do think that they should be more recognized, but I can't bear to see all this disappear just like that as well :lol:
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^

Return to “High School DxD”