Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers included)

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Re: Spoilers and Speculation Thread (WARNING: Spoilers inclu

Post by Aw454wtr »

ChrisB38 wrote: While, I could see it being restricted, if the moves using Ise's Pawn Pieces, would become so powerful that it could endanger the life of the other participants of the Rating Game - which is, quite likely, since Ise's Cardinal Crimson Promotion has the potential of reaching a level that Ddraig had, before he has been sealed into a Sacred Gear - but, otherwise I see no reason why Ise and any other reincarnated Devil, would be prevented from using his Pawn Pieces once he becomes independent.
Then wouldn't saiaorg bael's fists be banned as well as they just as powerful as ise's welsh dragonic rook and bael's power of destruction can easily kill,seeing as how even sirzechs son's power of destruction could erase ise's armor, and he's just a kid
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Aw454wtr wrote:Is there even such a thing as a King peice? From the novel I seem to get the idea that King is just a position, the devils who are kings don't seem to have an evil peice in them, at least what effect would a King peice even have, in chess, king is the weakest peice, its never really used for anything beyond avoiding getting checkmated
In all, the information related with the Evil Pieces it is said that a King piece exists, after all ... how else a reincarnated Devil would be capable of gaining a peerage, if only a single Evil Piece can be used in the Rating Game.

As for the role a King might have, I think that it's some kind of maintenance / ruling role for the other Evil Pieces - basically it contains the information to whose clan a reincarnated Devil belongs to, which is passed to the reincarnated person during the reincarnation ritual.

It is also exists to execute some of the special moves in chess that involve the King, like Castling, which has been used in volume 4 to rescue Gasper.
Aw454wtr wrote:
ChrisB38 wrote: While, I could see it being restricted, if the moves using Ise's Pawn Pieces, would become so powerful that it could endanger the life of the other participants of the Rating Game - which is, quite likely, since Ise's Cardinal Crimson Promotion has the potential of reaching a level that Ddraig had, before he has been sealed into a Sacred Gear - but, otherwise I see no reason why Ise and any other reincarnated Devil, would be prevented from using his Pawn Pieces once he becomes independent.
Then wouldn't saiaorg bael's fists be banned as well as they just as powerful as ise's welsh dragonic rook and bael's power of destruction can easily kill,seeing as how even sirzechs son's power of destruction could erase ise's armor, and he's just a kid
Saiaorg is capable of controlling the power of his punches, though and the same can be said about the power of destruction. I'm talking about moves that can instantly kill someone, before the retirement system can send them away. And from what we have seen Tirana mode and CCQ belongs to this category.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Wolfpup »

Aw454wtr wrote:Is there even such a thing as a King peice? From the novel I seem to get the idea that King is just a position, the devils who are kings don't seem to have an evil peice in them, at least what effect would a King peice even have, in chess, king is the weakest peice, its never really used for anything beyond avoiding getting checkmated
For one thing if Rias did not have [King] in her then she would not be able to use the Castling move with her [Rook]s so that proves the existence of the piece and also the [King] is like the general of the battle field so even if it seems like the weakest piece there are other things that the [King] must do besides actually fighting and they do not move around as much as the other pieces will.
Always on the hunt for good Anime and their associated Light Novels, Manga. :)
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

This line from vol 2 does make me think there is no king piece, at least for pureblood devils

"And these are my cute servants.”

There were 15 people that seemed to be Raiser’s servants around him. There was a person that looked like a “Knight” who was wearing armor.

There was someone that seemed to be a magician who was wearing a hood. He had the maximum number of servants! The servant devils, just like in real chess, can be a maximum number of 15 servants. High-class devils receive 15 “Evil Pieces” from the Demon-lord

Castling may just be the devil that is designated as the master changing places with the rook without using a evil piece powers since when rias used it, it was not in a rating game but in real life so it does still cast doubts in my mind over the King piece
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

15 pieces if you just count the servants exclude the king. all in all if would be 16 pieces.

Yeah kinda agree with the "there is no king piece". But its not really clear as the king piece was never mention once in the story.
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

flipax wrote:15 pieces if you just count the servants exclude the king. all in all if would be 16 pieces.

Yeah kinda agree with the "there is no king piece". But its not really clear as the king piece was never mention once in the story.
But they talk about a Devil and their servants being a full set so that means there has to be a king and Rias during the the first time that Ise goes with the group to kill the first Stray Demon Rias uses the the chance to explain how they fight and even state that she is the [King] at this time. although this is the only time that the [King] is ever mentioned.
From Vol 1 Life 2 wrote:Then, Buchou speaks again.

“Then, the Devils decided to use a system to form a small group of soldiers. And that is the [Evil Piece].”

“Evil Piece?”

Seems like it’s going to get complicated, but it looks like I have to listen to it seriously.

“Devils with Peerage decide to use the traits of the human’s game “Chess” to their Servant Devils. It was also sarcasm, because most of the servants are Devils that were reincarnated from humans. Since then, Chess became a popular game in the world of the Devils. We’ll leave that aside. Devils who are masters are a [King]. In our case, that is me. From there, they created 5 special traits that consist of [Queen], [Knight], [Rook], [Bishop] and [Pawn]. Since they couldn’t make an army, they decided to have a small number of Devils and give them enormous powers. This system was made in the past few hundred years, and this unexpectedly became popular amongst Devils with peerage.”
She then goes on to explain how the Rating Game began as well as inform Ise what each of the existing club members at that times role is.
Aw454wtr
Astral Realm

Post by Aw454wtr »

Wonder when Ise uses promotion, does only one of his eight pawns promote, or do all 8 pawn peices in him promote at the same time? if only one of his pawns actually promotes, prehaps a true queen with all eight pawns promoting could be a future power up for ise that might put him at sirzechs's super saiyan power level (after all its 8x juggernaut drive power)
ChrisB38
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ChrisB38 »

Aw454wtr wrote:Wonder when Ise uses promotion, does only one of his eight pawns promote, or do all 8 pawn peices in him promote at the same time? if only one of his pawns actually promotes, prehaps a true queen with all eight pawns promoting could be a future power up for ise that might put him at sirzechs's super saiyan power level (after all its 8x juggernaut drive power)
Considering the fact that only one of Ise's pieces changed into a mutation piece after he unlocked Triaina and CCQ, I think that only one of the pieces is used in Ise's [Promotion without the King's consent] and a normal [Promotion] as well.

But that doesn't mean that the other pieces don't have any roles in the [Promotion] move, personally I think that they are providing power and maintaining the power output to the Piece that Ise has currently promoted into.

That's why I doubt that it's actually possible to promote all the [Evil Pieces] that Ise has at the same time.
flipax
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by flipax »

Considering the fact that only one of Ise's pieces changed into a mutation piece after he unlocked Triaina and CCQ
-its actually 4 mutated pieces. Each one of them representing Welsh Sonic Boost Knight, Welsh Dragonic Rook, Welsh Blaster Bishop, and Cardinal Crimson Promotion.

-yeah its possible he can promote to something greater with using all the pawn pieces.
Biohazard
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Biohazard »

I think eventually he will mutate all 8 of them. I can only begin to imagine what will happen to cause him to mutate 4 pieces at once. I hope its one by one. I feel sorry for the poor soul or souls that push him to mutate 4 at once. I have enjoyed watching him and others and grow. I would love for more of Rias's group to mutate. They are awsome I love them all and I love all the love they have for each other.

I hope we can see all of this animated. Reading these novels gave me such a joy and had me laughing picturing it animated.
aashish
Astral Realm

Post by aashish »

y'know... Shiva or the God of Destruction is from the hindu mythology and is one of the most powerful gods but it is also known that he isn't a battle manic and only fights when he is angry. well, when I was a kid, they use to show them on TV so I remember a bit haha
Wolfpup
Senior Project Editor

Post by Wolfpup »

Biohazard wrote:I hope we can see all of this animated. Reading these novels gave me such a joy and had me laughing picturing it animated.
Well FYI i just saw a notice in the past couple of days that says a third season has been green lighted. \o/ :D

Return to “High School DxD”